THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I think this is just a concept someone made. They do look good though.
yah no doubt its a concept but i would be pretty happy if this was the step Nike is taking for a low top those highs im not really feeling i need to have em in hand to make the final decision though!

hoping praying for ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
hoping that my prayers completely negate yours.
laugh.gif
lunar only please! i always switch out the zoom insoles on my elites with a regular pair of lunar inserts these days.

Nah, that colorway is just ugly, don't care about the HTM part of it, I honestly don't even care about any of the htm shoes I'm sure a lot agree
I like the CW personally. I'm so tired of South Beach, Green Glow and now Gamma Blue. When Nike finds a color they like, they beat it into the ground.

I would love to see these in a Brave Blue CW like the LeBron 11 AvM. Purple Fade like the 8 is without question a CW that should return on the 9.

How is Nike releasing these? And what I mean by this is that are these highs the super limited version and the general release shoes are mids/lows. Are there a high, mid and low? Kind of confused about this. 

Some of us are "feeling them" because we don't care what they look like with jeans... We actually play ball In them and don't just buy them to look "pretty"
Then how are you feeling them if you don't care what they look like? You haven't tried them on or played in them yet....

Last edited:
Because they look supportive of the ankle for once.... We will see once they release though won't we? Hopefully not another floppy piece like the 7

Some of us are "feeling them" because we don't care what they look like with jeans... We actually play ball In them and don't just buy them to look "pretty"

Have you actually played ball on these? How do they feel? lol...... We await your answer....

Because they look supportive of the ankle for once.... We will see once they release though won't we? Hopefully not another floppy piece like the 7

"Ankle support" doesn't really support your ankle....... This is a kobe shoe thread so the whole hi top vs low top thing was bound to happen...

Excuxse me. I meant we play ball, in our basketball shoes, and since these are in fact, basketball shoes, many of us are looking at the design from that perspective and plan to purchase with the intent of playing in them. I hope I was able to break it down in small enough words for you to understand.

"Ankle support" doesn't really support your ankle....... This is a kobe shoe thread so the whole hi top vs low top thing was bound to happen...
True. Chuck Taylor's are high with 0 ankle support lol. The hight is no indication of ankle support. I'll take the high over the low on these any day. I'm burnt out on lows. Kobe 8 and KD 6 just name a few.

Last edited:

i sound like a broken record

ankle support ≠ the cut of the shoe

ankle support = how low your foot sits to the ground

sorry for large font, but i hate misinformed people.

[COLOR=#red]if your foot is gonna roll, a piece of leather, fly nit, EM, hyperfuse, WHATEVER isn't gonna stop it from rolling[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Really, Ankle support doesn't support your ankle? I guess if your referring to certain shoes like the 7 that maybe correct, but actually a true high and some mids do provide support, which is some preference while other players who cut more, I.E. Kobe, tend to want something that is less restricitive, allowing more lateral mobility, while compromising support. It comes down to what is more important.

Have you actually played ball on these? How do they feel? lol...... We await your answer....

They look like a good performer, enough said lol, thing is tho if we buy em and they arent good performers we can return em or just sell em and not buy anymore

Really, Ankle support doesn't support your ankle? I guess if your referring to certain shoes like the 7 that maybe correct, but actually a true high and some mids do provide support, which is some preference while other players who cut more, I.E. Kobe, tend to want something that is less restricitive, allowing more lateral mobility, while compromising support. It comes down to what is more important.
Wrong. Ankle support comes from stability. Stability actually comes from the bottom of the shoes (shape of out sole, how low to the ground).

Felt like the off color/print on the sleeve was throwing me off more then the shape itself. Messed around a bit to take out that odd print and I doesnt really do wonders to the shoe but definitely helps give  a difference perspective.  With Jslimm 1985 mock up I also made took off the sleeve but with the sample shots posted before I decided to cut them a bit higher than Jslimm 1985s.

View media item 662889

Don't know if anyone have mentioned this already but it looks like that sleeve part of the shoe scoops pretty far down, almost all the way down to the Achilles. I wonder if the shoe will still almost feel like a low top even with that sheath coming up so high

ok your right... I guess all players of all sports should switch to low tops, and construction workers should start wearing lowtop boots, because the wool has been over their eyes for so long. You might want to send them all personal emails to let them in on the news. keep it moving.

In a matter of seconds I found this in a search:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/405068-do-high-top-basketball-shoes-prevent-sprained-ankles/
let me know and ill keep at it while you talk about hating misinformed people, since you clearly know everything there is to know about everything.

Last edited:
ok your right... I guess all players of all sports should switch to low tops, and construction workers should start wearing lowtop boots, because the wool has been over their eyes for so long. You might want to send them all personal emails to let them in on the news. keep it moving.
There are shoes with a high cut that provide ankle support. I don't care what a shoe is made of or how it's made. If it's a true low that doesn't come to the ankle then there is 0 ankle support.

Back
Top Bottom