THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Werent these releasing prior to his injury?

Yes, a Kobe 9 was releasing prior to the injury, most likely the wear test sample

What I'm getting at is the hi top was specifically designed after the injury most likely

Just my opinion on it tho

If he hadn't sustained the injury, I believe we'd be getting a mid , the wear test sample

If I'm off base, feel free to correct, but I just think that's the logic of how it went

yup some people just assume that theyve made em this way due to his injury but thats not what is being seen as hes practicing with the lakers. normal low top 8s.

U really believe that?

Why the hell would he want a sky hi top shoe to play in if he hadn't injured himself?

Don't be naive..

He's not gonna wear his unreleased brand new shoe to PRACTICE, yet

NIKE is also gonna wait and market this shoe on their terms and release date, not when the man is just now starting to practice

He may wear them elsewhere outside the public eye but to debut these beasts in a media practice is absurd

IMO

Last edited:
He's saying that if it was solely because of his injury, he'd be in a pair of special Mid Kobe VIII's instead of the low pair.

Btw, Sole Reaver I wasn't trying to be rude with my reply if it came off that way, so my bad if it was taken that way

Just trying to get my opinion across

Last edited:
Naw man, it's not crazy

It's different, and tailor made for Kobe and his Achilles

Ppl need to keep in mind the word Achilles when referring to the high tops

kobe will likely wear the high top shoe a few times just to get sales going.

i can see why people are putting his achilles and a high top shoe together, but that's not how an achilles tendon works. a high top shoe isn't gonna prevent an achilles from snapping. kobe's snapped when he (what it seems like) took a HARD step. taking that hard step on fatigued muscles put a lot of strain on his achilles, and that's why it went.

http://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00007256-199520040-00005

this is from a medical journal 

"These studies support the use of high top shoes for ankle sprain prevention because of their ability to limit extreme ranges of motion, provide additional proprioceptive input and decrease external joint stress. Despite this biomechanical evidence, clinical trials are inconclusive as to the clinical benefit of high top shoes in the prevention of ankle sprains."

Ok so, question of the day

Why the sky hi top at all then?

"Copying Jordan"? Lol jk

I hate that Jordan said that, bcuz that can be said about him also with Dr J and other folks he got moves from

#thecycle like Mamba said

But back on topic, why not just a mid for the 9?

Where's the inspiration coming from..? Boxing, wrestling..

Questions, questions

carellzachfall.gif

I don't know what kind of rhetoric they'll give us for the high-top cut ("Flyknit allows us to keep the weight to a minimum even with a high cut!" "for me it's not about speed at this stage in my career!" etc), but the answer probably is to change up from 5 low-tops that began looking the same. I'm pretty sure there were rumors of a mid/high before the injury.

I don't know what kind of rhetoric they'll give us for the high-top cut ("Flyknit allows us to keep the weight to a minimum even with a high cut!" "for me it's not about speed at this stage in my career!" etc), but the answer probably is to change up from 5 low-tops that began looking the same. I'm pretty sure there were rumors of a mid/high before the injury.

Ok, there may be some sort of inner construction around the Achilles area that may serve a purpose for Achilles protection, not necessarily the sole purpose of the hi cut as a whole maybe

I'm prolly way off but just being optimistic

Need specs asap

That doesn't make much sense. If the design of the shoe had anything to do with the protection of the Achilles, why is he still wearing the 8's in practice? Shouldn't he be wearing as much protection as possible right now when he's just getting back into full contact practice? All he has is regular tape job that he's been getting since he was with Adidas.

I just think Nike is just looking at different ways to be creative with the Kobe line, which is what the Kobe line is all about.

Yea, there was rumors of the 9 being a high before he got injured. Not just that, but previous models were rumored to be high tops and the Play Strong Insole/Sleeve with the VII's was an example of them heading into that direction.

I think it's about time they give us multiple options.

all the nike signature shoes this year look so futuristic guess nike trying something new

None of the shoes look Innovative this year, IMO every sig looks like a revamped sig from late 90's to early 2000's except these kobes. The lebron xi looks like a revamped flightposite and the kd vi looks like some type of mixture between a low top zoom flight on an am 1 midsole

I would like these as lows, but that sky high stuff is definitely not for me.  A big reason why I fell in love with the Kobe line is because of the IV and the successive models.  I really like playing in lows and definitely prefer lows for casual wear.  These will be reserved for the hardcore ballers.  I think these look nice as lows.
These in that colorway would be amazing

That doesn't make much sense. If the design of the shoe had anything to do with the protection of the Achilles, why is he still wearing the 8's in practice? Shouldn't he be wearing as much protection as possible right now when he's just getting back into full contact practice? All he has is regular tape job that he's been getting since he was with Adidas.

I just think Nike is just looking at different ways to be creative with the Kobe line, which is what the Kobe line is all about.

As I said previously, I feel like Nike is waiting for the right time to start marketing the new shoe.

I'd personally wait till the 1st of the year or something to debut it, would that not be a an opportune time to do so, or not really?

Besides, there's still more CWs of the 8 to drop.

Not saying that's their mindset, but to me that sounds logical.

Again, this shoe was already made BEFORE HE GOT HURT

Not arguing that

The hi top could have been altered on the INSIDE after the injury for better protection/stabilization around the 'Chilles, maybe, maybe not, still a possibility in my eyes

Specs is what we need

Somebody leak that

Last edited:

As I said previously, I feel like Nike is waiting for the right time to start marketing the new shoe.

I'd personally wait till the 1st of the year or something to debut it, would that not be a an opportune time to do so, or not really?

Besides, there's still more CWs of the 8 to drop.

Not saying that's their mindset, but to me that sounds logical.

There's a mid version of the Kobe VIII fam, if he needed more support; he has ways to get it without wearing the IX early.

nike-kobe-8-mid-9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom