THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
HTM= Hard to get. Dont even try. Man. :smh:

Htm flyknit chukkas resale for 500 and people don't even want them like that....... It's gonna be ridiculous on a kobe shoe

Kobe was my favorite player growing up.  Flyknit trainers/racers/lunars are some of my favorite shoes.  I have always wanted a HTM pair.  I will do everything I can to get these Kobe HTM's.  Kobe meets Flyknit is bad news for me.  I better start saving now, because it looks like I'll be copping straight Kobe's this "shoe" season.

I hope they don't continue the elites this year. Just give kobe a low, kd another model and some nsw colorways and call it a day.
theres no point. they all get RTV'd and sent to outlets. no one is paying 250 for bball shoes. its nonsense.

if kobes are 180 im gonna be done with sigs this year until they come down in price. Im trying to make it through college. Im over nike raping my pockets. they need to go back to making leather shoes. they were way cheaper.

so it's confirmed that the next KBs will have a Flyknit upper..

So basically Nike is replacing the EM Upper with a Flyknit Upper... 
smile.gif

Same structure design I guess, thin plastic underlay with Dynamic Flywire embedded within or Outside?, I hope they continue with Full Length Lunarlon cushion

I guess the only concern I have is the heel counter..

(Heel Counter on the 8s for me is flimsy, I hope 9s will have a heel counter just like on the 6s)..

3-M underlay possible?... 
eyes.gif

The W A I T is on!.. 
wink.gif

It's been rumored they're mids and they might have also been tweaked after his Achilles injury, so the 9s might finally deviate from the formula we've seen for the past four shoes

hopefully the cut is around the same as the KD 3. I think they jacked up the price for these just in case it was Kobe's last year.cashing in

Kobe is strictly a low top basketball shoe. Therefore, these will be a low top.

Lower and lighter is what Kobe has always wanted.

He doesn't want to be weighted down.

The Kobe 1, 2, 3, and Hyperdunk weren't low top...

I know they switched gears with the 4 and marketed the hell out of shaving off weight and restrictions with each shoe. But that doesn't mean they're bound by it.

In fact it was probably more of a marketing angle anyway. Kobe's for quickness, Lebron's for strength. It's just that they made Kobe seem so involved that it seemed genuine.

Kobe and/or the marketing team can switch over to pushing more support for his old age or injury. They can come up with some angle about making a mid for support, but using a form of Flyknit to keep the weight down or something.

kobeoverbron and others have hinted they're gonna be mids...

Last edited:
I remember looking somewhere that kobe wanted his shoes to be low top after research was found that low top basketball sneakers do not cause more injuries than mid or high top basketball shoes. However I won't hate the Kobe 9 for being a mid top to accommodate for his injury. I wonder if he will have a mid top PE and Nike releases us the low tops for the 9

All I know is that being a mid, a low top is still possible. Win-win for those that prefer one or the other. Those that don't have a preference like myself, means more money out the pocket. :x

the CUT of the shoe does not matter.

it's how low your foot is to the actual ground. it's simple physics.

this is why i don't like wearing lebrons. airmax is like wearing platform shoes.

which leads me to believe it will stay a low cut. especially since Kobe makes the decision and he clearly likes low cuts.  unless his Achilles injury has made him paranoid, thats the only reason i could see him asking for a higher cut shoe this year

which leads me to believe it will stay a low cut. especially since Kobe makes the decision and he clearly likes low cuts.  unless his Achilles injury has made him paranoid, thats the only reason i could see him asking for a higher cut shoe this year

LOL

expect the 9s to be more expensive than brons if not the same price.

Back
Top Bottom