THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Hahaha your pretty funny dude.... Work on reading skills... Like I said why the price of everything continues to go up.... Not just one shoe , everything. Why every single item available in any market continues to go up. As well as every single factor of production. A small change in the value of the dollar can make a significant change in the complete overhead of a project when it's broken down to the numerous variables that come into play. But I don't need to tell you because your clearly the smartest person in the room. And yes.... Genius... The value of the dollar is continually in flux due to monetary and fiscal policies. So from December to February? Yep, Over ANY given period of time you better believe the supply of money changes which in turn effects the value of the dollar. But keep up the non stop bickering and whining about price increases and see his far it gets you. Don't like it? Put your money elsewhere, once again I'm done with the NT geniuses who know everything but have not a single clue . Just kidding, your right Nike actually uses every single new release to twist the the thumb screws into the sides of their customers as so many on here suggest. You've got to be right, it couldn't possibly be anything like what I've said. I'm sure as soon as shoe drops they all sit around laughing manically and begin plotting the next scheme to even further force everyone to hand over their money..... Willingly. So sorry you caught feelings about learning something. Cheer up buddy.
I don't think inflation is to blame for the price increase for the preludes. I thinks its supply and demand. Yes the cost of living has gone up over the years which has made the cost of shoes rise. The 200 dollar price tag is because they are limited in quantity and high in demand.  Nike has a high profit margin on all there shoes. Its just the fact that many people are willing to buy allows them to increase the price like that. I just wonder what makes you think that there is an abundance of cash? Generally that occurs when the unemployment rate is real low and everyone has jobs. Right now that's not really case.  I don't disagree with what ur saying because u are correct in a lot of ways I just don't think that inflation is the cause of the $200 price tag.

Last edited:
Jordan brand is trolling with their price points too especially with the retros which is why I've been passing. But hey I'm old and purchased jb ogs and then retros back in 94 and then again when they started dropping again in 99 when some models were even cheaper than the originals. My 99 ivs were 99.99. 200 bucks for cement 3s with nike air? PLEASE. Not trying to jack thread Back to the Kobe's. They look cool just in my opinion overpriced for lunar that will eventually bottom out

Last edited:
Performance beasts or not the kicks are way overpriced because of they way the market is with hypebeasts and resellers bottom line. But that is a whole other discussion. The Kobe 9s look cool hope those that cop enjoy them

All sneakers we buy are overpriced, but at $250 the XX8 has been by far the best shoe I've ever had for the court. Nike sets the prices and we continue to buy them.

Crazy EBW yes all the shoes we buy are overpriced and we can always say no which I've been doing a lot more of lately. The XX8 may be a performance beast but the se is the same shoe for 100 bucks less due to no shroud? C'mon nike. Xx8s were supposed to be nike plus enabled at that price but it was scrapped and they kept the pricepoint the same. But yeah it's up to is consumers to buy or not I love kicks but guess I've been around long enough to see how nike is getting ridiculous with the prices.

Crazy EBW yes all the shoes we buy are overpriced and we can always say no which I've been doing a lot more of lately. The XX8 may be a performance beast but the se is the same shoe for 100 bucks less due to no shroud? C'mon nike. Xx8s were supposed to be nike plus enabled at that price but it was scrapped and they kept the pricepoint the same. But yeah it's up to is consumers to buy or not I love kicks but guess I've been around long enough to see how nike is getting ridiculous with the prices.

I mean I've been around long enough to know the prices are ridiculous but that will not change. I completely understand people not wanting to pay the prices and I understand why people like myself do. Tons of people can afford it and don't want to pay.

I want this shoe because I want to continue to play basketball in the highest performance kicks available and if I have to pay $200+ then so be it. Is it dumb? To some, but I see justification in it if that's the price it is.

I don't think inflation is to blame for the price increase for the preludes. I thinks its supply and demand. Yes the cost of living has gone up over the years which has made the cost of shoes rise. The 200 dollar price tag is because they are limited in quantity and high in demand.  Nike has a high profit margin on all there shoes. Its just the fact that many people are willing to buy allows them to increase the price like that. I just wonder what makes you think that there is an abundance of cash? Generally that occurs when the unemployment rate is real low and everyone has jobs. Right now that's not really case.  I don't disagree with what ur saying because u are correct in a lot of ways I just don't think that inflation is the cause of the $200 price tag.
I can agree that it may not count for every cent of increase but my statement generally is speaking about consistent rising prices. But factors of production should be thought about when nike does limited runs as well... As products are manufactured in larger and larger quantities price per unit is less (general releases) Therefore this allows a company to sell a product at a certain cost. However, let's take one of the preludes as an example. The greater majority of these shoes have not been produced for several years and many materials specd for each shoe must be produced in these smaller quantities. Once again, like the materials they will also be commissioning a smaller production run. A
smaller quantities of materials and a smaller production run comes at a greater cost per unit which means the bottom line moves up and.... The retail price moves as well. This is just beginning to touch on it but there are a number of factors that attribute to price increases. Is the price necessarily more because Nike throws limited tags on them? Maybe... But not Always for the reasons people jump to conclusions about. There is a great deal of expense that goes into mass production of any product as well as products and tools used to create these products.

In regards to overpriced, overpriced based on what? Let's say you did get your shoes fir $100 in 1995. Take a look at the average income or even the income that grossed by your current occupation by some one working it nearly twenty years ago, there's a huge difference in pay and that comes down to exactly what I was talking about in the first place. Anyways hopefully some of what I've broke down makes sense for those who are interested for those who aren't and would prefer to just sit back and cuss nike and JB every new release please just skip past this. There really is a lot to establishing price levels and large corporations have people on the payroll to do just that. Are they turning a profit at the end of the day?? Absolutely, that's their job but to call it overpriced without all the information might be the wrong choice of words . With that I'm done.

Last edited:
I bet performance guys are gonna be beyond pleased with the 9's when they get them on court. But as a guy who rocks from a more casual perspective, I must say I am a little sad that I wont appreciate them as much as I probably should given the clear technology and detail these have been given. However, when the right colorway (and the right price) comes along...these will hit my feet! So with that said, I'm happy for those who are excited. But I also feel for those who are a tad disappointed today. 

As for me, I'm just gonna kick back and see what this model brings to the table. Much love sneaker fam
nthat.gif

I bet performance guys are gonna be beyond pleased with the 9's when they get them on court. But as a guy who rocks from a more casual perspective, I must say I am a little sad that I wont appreciate them as much as I probably should given the clear technology and detail these have been given. However, when the right colorway (and the right price) comes along...these will hit my feet! So with that said, I'm happy for those who are excited. But I also feel for those who are a tad disappointed today. 

Great attitude sir.

I'm trying not to get TOO excited about these for on court because the 7 was a step backwards for me and the 8 wasn't exactly my cup of tea. Fly knit gives me hope that we get back to the first shoes in the Kobe line and how they pushed the envelope every year performance and aesthetic wise.

I will get a pair of these to hoop in, but I have no idea how anyone can wear these casually...

Are they going to be releasing lows for these? I remember reading that there would be three versions, low-mid-high tops. Have we gotten any information yet? I feel like a low pair for these would be really nice. 

Kobe said he was looking at Manny Pacquiao's boxing boot and said to himself, "Hmm, I wonder if there's something there?"
Holla at me when the LOW's Surface, bruh. 
eyes.gif

Digging most of the FlyKnit, Midsole & Bottoms, but the Unnecessary Hi-Cut, Upper Construction & those Plain Shoestrings they went back to... NAH.

Last edited:
Actually impressed that the outsole isn't a footprint but a pressure map of Kobe's foot. Wonder how that will do in terms of traction against the herringbone.

Last edited:
Look like Boxing shoes

Not looking like these can be worn off court but I'll wait to see more colorways

From what I've been told, traction patterns outside of herringbone can work pretty well. For example xx8 and kd v. But one can never say until they're laced up. For that price it better be good

Yea but its like unofficially confirmed that herringbone is the GOAT traction so like why not use it all the time?

I will get a pair of these to hoop in, but I have no idea how anyone can wear these casually...

I feel like i can just use jeans and cover the huge tongue, but i have to reserve judgement until i see someone wear them

Last edited:
usually kobes shoes perform amazing on the court, VI's were great for basketball all around one of the best and they didnt have herringbone.

the worst shoes IMO were the VII's, just a fail all around in terms of quality and especially performance.

Back
Top Bottom