THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Alright then take the MP for example, they were "GR" but a lot of people missed out. Tiffany Dunk Highs were widely available, many low end skate shops got them. Or some of the recent non TLO jordan releases. I was just testing and i wasn't able to score online for a pair of powder blue 9's, infrared 3's, and a few other general release jordans

When it comes to the MPs, they were nowhere near a gr, many that missed out (who were counting on getting them online), only had one retailer... NDC, if i remember correctly.

And that Tiffany release was both a blessing and a curse. It crashed NDC, but that helped me to get through for my MPs.

edit: Were you using dial-up to have missed out on all those Jordans? :lol: j/p

Last edited:
But how you going to forget about the net tho?

I dont even see GR in locations honestly.I see it as a total number on the net and physical stores.Not location.

I feel you. They may end up GR numbers online. In store here though it's no different than the ASG.

Alright then take the MP for example, they were "GR" but a lot of people missed out. Tiffany Dunk Highs were widely available, many low end skate shops got them. Or some of the recent non TLO jordan releases. I was just testing and i wasn't able to score online for a pair of powder blue 9's, infrared 3's, and a few other general release jordans
How were the MP's a GR?

They were very limited and at about only 20 spots on the locator for the whole US.

Last edited:
Well based on staying on top of shoe retailers information it clearly says GR

Well from what I was told (by more than a few retailers) was to think of this as a limited gr. Some areas would get PLENTY of pairs, even more than their normal gr #s, while some areas wouldn't hardly get anything. Name me a gr that didn't go to almost everywhere in the Country...

inspirations are diff not a GR. Limited GR, probably more than ASG but way less than GR Jordans at least physical stores. These i feel will have same run as Kobe 8 Easter

another question that comes to mind. even though many FTL in cali, texas and NY are getting these, how many size runs is most FTL, champs etc getting?.

It shouldnt be too hard but I dont think anyone should except there to be any left at any stores by the end of the weekend or even end of the day.

unfortunately, I did not pay retail :\
i got a pair for retail on release day... Just happens I got it for a friend. He got it for retail... I don't have time, nor do I live in areas that even had the shoes. Closest to me is almost 2 hours away... I don't have time to drive around blindly hoping I get lucky.

if i were to drive to the closest store that had kobe ix asg, i would have had to drive TWENTY hours. the second closest and only other option was THREE DAYS drive away.

easy peasy, right? 0_o :wink:

call me sloth

Seems like Nike comes up with a new category of limited for every damn release.
well, to be honest, its true....

theres different levels of availability

(1) True Quick Strike, ex: yeezys, DBs, WTK,, LBJ X Championship pack etc ----- sadly, unless you cheat and get a bot, you have no chance

(2) Limited Release: Christmas Pack, ASG Pack, BHMs, ---not impossible to get, but you better hope you get lucky

(3) Limited GENENERAL Release: Kobe 8 Easters, Kobe 9 Inspiration, Perspective, etc.... if you put work in you can most likely get a pair

(4) True General Release: Shoudnt be hard to get your pair here, ex. Kobe 8 YOTH or Kobe 8 Pitviper, *****USUALLY, you can wait and get these if they make it to outlets

(1) True Quick Strike, ex: yeezys, DBs, WTK,, LBJ X Championship pack etc ----- sadly, unless you cheat and get a bot, you have no chance
(2) Limited Release: Christmas Pack, ASG Pack, BHMs, ---not impossible to get, but you better hope you get lucky
(3) Limited GENENERAL Release: Kobe 8 Easters, Kobe 9 Inspiration, Perspective, etc.... if you put work in you can most likely get a pair
(4) True General Release: Shoudnt be hard to get your pair here, ex. Kobe 8 YOTH or Kobe 8 Pitviper, *****USUALLY, you can wait and get these if they make it to outlets

you forgot the category of (0) Preludes even if you cheat and get a bot, your chances are still slim

Last edited:
It's frustrating that NTLA and SM are doing RSVP. I need to buy them from there because I have a $130 gift card but I'm not even going to bother with that ****. I'll just show up Saturday morning.

Yall tripping me out, telling mfs from other cities if a releases gonna be easy to cop or not. Why don't yall just shutup and stop speculating. Yall creating hype.

Even in one level, one release is different than the others.

It's too much.

Should get my MPs in the next few days, I'm hyped. Might try a lace swap with my Chaos Vs. Y'all think it would look right?

Should get my MPs in the next few days, I'm hyped. Might try a lace swap with my Chaos Vs. Y'all think it would look right?
Unless you have a sz 17 chaos V, and a size 8 MP, laces won't even be close to long enough.

Back
Top Bottom