THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
@dwr I have multiple 8's and they're mainly 9.5, a couple 9.0's. These fit well but too much room in the toebox IMO. I don't have a wide or flat foot, ill size down to 9.0 for this model.
Personally this is what I was thinking.  I am normally a 9 so I was thinking of going down to a 8.5 for these!  Thanks bud

Would be nice if I could walk in today and just try a pair on that they have releasing this Saturday lol, but then someone would be angry lol
TTS. Go with whatever your Kobe 8 size was.
Appreciate the help!

Last edited:
I agree, the 9 fits a lot like the 8s>D I got my TTS 10.5 Gumbo 9s but an 11 would do just fine also

I wish I could find these in store to try them on

hate to buy the wrong size

My advice would be to try on a pair of KB 8s first. The 9s fit almost exactly the same but has a tad more length in the toe box...IMO.

Unless a store that's getting the Inspirations will let you try on a pair when they get them in... :rolleyes

Last edited:
The MPs came in yesterday. After having both in hand..they are both sick and look good on feet. One flaw I found is my right toebox is a little more rounded at the front and my left toebox is more flat. Its all good. 

The sizing thing is definitely tough when these are so hard to get.  That's why I've appreciated members sharing what they think on sizing.

For me -- with a narrow foot, the Kobe 8 fit snug and I could maybe have gone up a half size.  However, I'm glad I stayed true.

Ended up going a half size down in these 9s because I like a snug fit.  So far so good, but I need to give them a bit more time to decide if TTS would have been better.  If I had a true size to try for comparison, it would be easier for me to make the call

Well played sir.But get some shorter laces and it will look even better.

No more Goku's lol

Bring on the piccolo's and master roshe's lol.

Lol. I like the high look as well. And I like the long tied string look. Short laces not my cup of tea.

I found mine for 420 for size 9.5. I looked around for a while and the prices I were seeing were in the 400-500 range. anything under 400, you either have to a connect or you may get lucky in a FB group. 

thanks man! i dont have FB lol damn. 420 shipped aint bad.

How come you can't wear these casually?
its hard as hell to keep the tongue that way, you gotta push it down and adjust it to keep it there like that

you can see pics like this where they fold the sock thing down and rock it or they leave it unfolded and tuck the tongue down, but that may work for a quick pick but I can't see how someone can actually rock them like that and keep it that way

thanks man! i dont have FB lol damn. 420 shipped aint bad.
I would join if I were you. What area you live in? I'm in Kansas City but I found out that people in FB shoe groups in your city tend to sell for lower prices bc they need $$$ quick. I'm sure in bigger cities, you have more variety of shoes people are trying to sell or trade. 

I got lucky and found some VNDS Jordan Shadow 1s for retail a month ago through my KC FB group. lol. 

its hard as hell to keep the tongue that way, you gotta push it down and adjust it to keep it there like that

you can see pics like this where they fold the sock thing down and rock it or they leave it unfolded and tuck the tongue down, but that may work for a quick pick but I can't see how someone can actually rock them like that and keep it that way

If you tie your shoe on the tongue it doesn't move. At least for me.Haven't moved yet. Ran up some stairs and still didn't move.

If you tie your shoe on the tongue it doesn't move. At least for me.Haven't moved yet. Ran up some stairs and still didn't move.
alright I may have to try that because they look great there

so you just tuck it down and then tied it right?

did you fold down the ankle sock thing too?

Even Kobe wears them casually.  I like the way he wears them.  Excited about that new Lakers colorway too.

kobe-bryant-nike-kobe-9-elite-precision-5.jpg

if you have narrow feet and u plan to ball in these, i would recommend going a half size down than what u wear in the 8's.
they will fit perfect.

Back
Top Bottom