THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I was reading some comments before where one(some) were saying how not all pairs look a like and that turned them off in a way I guess. I will say I love the variability I think it adds character to each shoe (simliar to the bordueax 7 tongues, some people wanted more yellow, others more bordeaux, I was just happy to get my pair and I had a majority black and bordeaux, very little yellow). No matter what it these are fire!
I said that to myself recently lol, MP 9 Flynit color= Bordeaux 7 tongue

A lot of purple on the flynit is equivalent to the teal on the Bordeaux tongue

just looked up the perspectives on footlockers store locator. the bootleg mall down the street from me are getting those. I'm really happy now at my chance :D

Last edited:
Thought I was gonna pass on the Perspectives, but they're starting to grow on me like the Blue Glow 8s did last year.

Hmmmm...
nerd.gif
Inspirations seem like a harder cop but was easy anyways.

Respect your opinion but don't agree one bit.  I think these look great with jeans.  Personally I wear the top of the shoe tucked under my jeans since I'm not into the popped out tongue look.  Looks very similar to wearing a pair of flyknit trainers.

And people have been wearing basketball shoes with jeans since the 80's ... it's commonplace ... always has been.  
You're right.  @mattSOS, the sneaker stats guy on twitter, said that 85% of sneakers purchased are not used for their designed purpose.  He said these are mostly "fashion shoes".  Not sure how he gets that number though.

Perspectives will be much easier to compared to the previous pairs. Almost every mall around me has them. Footlocker seems to be flooded with these. I know a few places that are getting over 40 pairs that only had 12-18 of the Inspirations.

WOW, I ain't never seen so many footlockers on the launch locator get a particular shoe. There are stores that are getting the Perspective that I ain't even know existed :rofl:

Perspectives will be much easier to compared to the previous pairs. Almost every mall around me has them. Footlocker seems to be flooded with these. I know a few places that are getting over 40 pairs that only had 12-18 of the Inspirations.
Strange tho I figure more peeps would want the black and yellow since it's close to the Lakers CW and will match with more things. The perspectives look like a more limited pair IMO. The first 9 to sit for awhile I'm thinking.

Can't bring myself to get excited about the lows... I have so many 8s and that shoe is amazing.

The 9 lows would have to release a spectacular colorway in order for Nike to get my $$$.
Yeah I know what you mean. I was wearing sulfurs all weekend and I just kept looking down and my feet and saying these shoes are F'n awesome.

does anyone else think it was kind of manipulative of Nike to sell these as a true flyknit basketball shoe?
I mean the flyknit is basically just an aesthetic part of the shoe placed on top of a fuse like material.
I still love the 9s and think the design is amazing, but was expecting more of a flyknit feel with maybe a thicker thread or a more dense thread pattern.

I personally wasn't surprised at all that there is fuse/tpu underlay and not exclusively flyknit on the IX. The Kobe 8 was marketed as having an engineered mesh upper but turned out to be supported with fuse underlay. Nike gave us the first basketball shoe with flyknit so they didn't lie about that aspect but they had to make it work. Raw flyknit would have resulted in lack of support and stability for basketball moves.

Interesting how Nike has decided to produce the IX's that have dropped so far. Literally went from QS to limited to a bit less limited to limited GR to GR :lol:

But I'm glad Perspectives are more widely available for those who want to experience the IX Elite that haven't had the chance to yet(assuming that $225 price tag isn't an issue).

Both mp and asg are nice. Mp is wanted more because more limited
that is a bad statement, considering the white/volt NRG and the black NRG pair is way more limited but majority of the people would take a pair of MP's over them. Hell I'd still take my Devotion/Maestro/ASG IX's over them. And I live in NYC so i had a chance to get those NRG's but i didn't because I don't like them regardless of how limited they are.
Even Kobe like the ASGs more. Even got them on his IG page. Lol.
Not sure if trolling or just a ******ed comment. he was doing a commercial/photoshoot and he had to lace the ASG up. Look for another flyknit commercial with Richard Sherman.
I was offered both NRG's and MP's for my red octobers. Obviously I passed. Personally, the NRG is too basic as far as CW goes to me to be worth 800 each. But the materials is what imo puts the NRG's in a league of their own. Thta being said I'd love to get the NRG for the low. but that aint happening lol... But I am now 3/5 in my elite collection lol... MP's >>>> ASG by a mile. Just sayin lol
I get what you mean by the NRG being too basic as far as CW, but its funny because the Red Octobers are even more of a basic cw, its got ONE color lol. 

Back
Top Bottom