THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
going to enter some raffles tomorrow and i'm hoping that ftl still has some lows in stock so i can see them in person

QUICK ON COURT REVIEW

[COLOR=#red]Fit: 9.5/10[/COLOR]
Almost perfect. A little bit of heel slip, but I think it will go away when they're broken in. Either way, nothing too serious

[COLOR=#red]Comfort: 10/10[/COLOR]
Think about how awesome the 8's are, and think beyond. These are crazy comfortable. As I've mentioned in previous posts, the tongue is a tad thicker (not paper thin like the 8's), and it makes a world of a difference. The tongue reminds me of the kobe 6.

The insoles in these are thicker than the Kobe 8 and it feels like you're walking on a cloud.

[COLOR=#red]Traction: 15/10[/COLOR] :smokin
Srs..
They treated the gym floor at my local YMCA with some terrible liquid, and now everyone complains about traction. It's now garbage. I was slipping like crazy in the 8's just last week, as well as my 6's, 5's and 4's.. It flat out sucks. I wasn't expecting it to be any better with kobe's foot print on the sole, but TRUST ME, the traction is insane. The same floor that I was sliding on last week, was squeaking with these shoes. 15/10 is the appropriate rating.

Sizing: TRUE TO SIZE. Whatever you got in the Kobe 8, you get in the Kobe 9. Do not go half a size down like the elite models.

Overall.. this shoe is my favourite. As you all know, I ball in ALL of my shoes (jordan's, kobe's, etc) on the court.. I may break out a shoe here and there for the outdoors, but that's not me. Anyways.. I had the 6 at a slight advantage over the 8's (just because I love zoom), but the 9's have just blown me away.

Any other questions just ask. I think I covered the basics.

QUICK ON COURT REVIEW

Almost perfect. A little bit of heel slip, but I think it will go away when they're broken in. Either way, nothing too serious

Think about how awesome the 8's are, and think beyond. These are crazy comfortable. As I've mentioned in previous posts, the tongue is a tad thicker (not paper thin like the 8's), and it makes a world of a difference. The tongue reminds me of the kobe 6.

The insoles in these are thicker than the Kobe 8 and it feels like you're walking on a cloud.

Srs..
They treated the gym floor at my local YMCA with some terrible liquid, and now everyone complains about traction. It's now garbage. I was slipping like crazy in the 8's just last week, as well as my 6's, 5's and 4's.. It flat out sucks. I wasn't expecting it to be any better with kobe's foot print on the sole, but TRUST ME, the traction is insane. The same floor that I was sliding on last week, was squeaking with these shoes. 15/10 is the appropriate rating.

Sizing: TRUE TO SIZE. Whatever you got in the Kobe 8, you get in the Kobe 9. Do not go half a size down like the elite models.

Overall.. this shoe is my favourite. As you all know, I ball in ALL of my shoes (jordan's, kobe's, etc) on the court.. I may break out a shoe here and there for the outdoors, but that's not me. Anyways.. I had the 6 at a slight advantage over the 8's (just because I love zoom), but the 9's have just blown me away.

GREAT REVIEW. Do you have a pair of elites? How do they compare performance wise?

QUICK ON COURT REVIEW

Srs..

GREAT REVIEW. Do you have a pair of elites? How do they compare performance wise?

Don't have them, probably won't get them anytime soon. I don't like high cut shoes

Went ahead and ordered the lows from Eastbay. Might be my last pair of Kobe's for awhile because none of the other colorways we've seen appeal to me.

Just copped the Kung Fu's for 100 flat 
smokin.gif

of the lows we have soon so far, easters are the best for me. I wish I had snagged more doubles of the 8s I got. 8s are like 4s to me I think. Two best of the kobe line hands down.

I hooped in the lows yesterday and straight out've the box they're so stiff; they reminded me of the 7s 
ohwell.gif
. I guess I'm just spoiled by the 6s and 8s but hopefully they'll break in a little. I felt a little heel slip also, but the traction is really, really good.

This doesn't bother me, but here's a picture from just one wear, about 2 hours:

of the lows we have soon so far, easters are the best for me. I wish I had snagged more doubles of the 8s I got. 8s are like 4s to me I think. Two best of the kobe line hands down.
Yeah Easters going to be the first low I pick up hopefully. Nike store better do that FCFS for the easter pack.

I finally got a chance to wear my lows and they fit a bit more snug than the 9 eites. Do not go a .5 down. 

I had both the blitz blue 8s and the 9 lows on at the same time, while trying on, and I found that the lunarlon is firmer and a bit thicker on the 9 lows especially at the heel. The 9s also have a lot more midfoot support which is something I thought the 8s lacked (the 8 elites were better in this area).

I'll be playing in them tonight to get a better idea performance wise. So far they seem like a better made version of the 8s; maybe even better than the 8 elites.

just made a phone order for the lows from Nike ATL , they might still have sizes if anybody lookin.

Do you think Flywire is even necessary? The only shoe I feel it really working on is the Lunarglide 5 and maybe the hyperevs. But the 5 glides I just feel it snuggly wrapping around my foot. On the Lebron XI i feel it's not necessary and doubt it's really working over all those layers of fuse and posite. I haven't tried on these 9 lows yet to tell.

Do you think Flywire is even necessary? The only shoe I feel it really working on is the Lunarglide 5 and maybe the hyperevs. But the 5 glides I just feel it snuggly wrapping around my foot. On the Lebron XI i feel it's not necessary and doubt it's really working over all those layers of fuse and posite. I haven't tried on these 9 lows yet to tell.
IMO it is a necessary or at least a positive addition.  Reason being:  For me with the 8s, I loved how the EM felt as it broke in after a few solid runs.  Fit/feel was amazing, but overtime I felt that I needed a bit more to hold down my midfoot and forefoot.  Maybe this was more due to the foot sliding a little on the lunar insert, but I do think that as the EM softened up, I needed to lace them a lot tighter to get good lockdown.

Last edited:
I hooped in the lows yesterday and straight out've the box they're so stiff; they reminded me of the 7s :\ . I guess I'm just spoiled by the 6s and 8s but hopefully they'll break in a little. I felt a little heel slip also, but the traction is really, really good.

This doesn't bother me, but here's a picture from just one wear, about 2 hours:

View media item 890502

yeah what's going on with these black areas on the shoe?

^Don't know about the black areas, but the toe scuffs are gonna be nuts on these Kung Fus... good thing I only ball in them and won't care too much.

That's one thing I really liked about some of the iD options for the 8 --- the toe cap piece was translucent, showing the color of the upper and does not scuff so easily

Back
Top Bottom