THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

I honestly feel these blues may be the colorway that make people who don't like the highs too much to change their mind. After seeing them in good pics, I gotta say that im gonna have to avoid all shoe stores online and instore to stop myself from buying these.
Yea, I really like the blues…but could never, ever, ever buy a high.  Wish they were a low, elite or preferably a low EM- which is my go to for bball/gym/and even some casual use.  

And anyone got any upcoming EM release dates? I'm really hoping they put some of the stupid 9 designs in the past and make some nice 8 like colorways in the next few months

Last edited:
Yea, I really like the blues…but could never, ever, ever buy a high.  Wish they were a low, elite or preferably a low EM- which is my go to for bball/gym/and even some casual use.  

And anyone got any upcoming EM release dates? I'm really hoping they put some of the stupid 9 designs in the past and make some nice 8 like colorways in the next few months

November

NIKE KOBE IX EM/DEEP GARNET 646701-678

NIKE KOBE IX EM/GYM BLUE 646701-474

Last edited:
November

NIKE KOBE IX EM/DEEP GARNET 646701-678

NIKE KOBE IX EM/GYM BLUE 646701-474
nice, thx.  So looks like a light blue color way and a dark/maroonish color way. Hoping they keep em' relatively simple design wise.   Crossing fingers for a fade 8 design for at least one of them. 

Last edited:
What are the impressions on the legacy/brave blue color way? Might sit for a little? If they do I'd appreciate the extra time to pick them up!

What are the impressions on the legacy/brave blue color way? Might sit for a little? If they do I'd appreciate the extra time to pick them up!
I'm hoping it sits long enough for a 15- 20% off code at ftl or eastbay.

I'd cop at $180. I dont think these are a release day purchase for me as nice as they are.

Last edited:
I'm ok with the legacy colorway, but I don't like how it doesn't really look "enough like flyknit". The design doesn't show enough, one of the things I like the most are lines on the medial side of the toebox, as far as the elites go. Details like those aren't as prominent on the flyknit for this cw.

Probably already been said but those Legacy's look to have the same process they are using on the NIKE ID solids and fades- dyed or painted flyknit. At least they did take the time to give them an extra dip or coating but still looks cheap. Love the concept but IMO, poorly executed. A pure blue flyknit would have been a cop but have to pass on these too many terrible pictures of the fades and solids to pull the trigger at $225.

versus

Super dumb question but how can you guys tell the knit is painted/dipped?, and if that's the case, aren't the ASGs dipped in white paint for the white parts of it?, Masterpieces are all knit right?

Look at the Thrillers in the pic above. The red is interweaved with the black versus the picture of the shoe which is grey flykint that has been either dipped or painted. I have never seen the ASG but by looking at the pics they also look like black and grey threads were intertwined not dipped or painted. And yes the Masterpieces are all flyknit. Nothing looks dipped or painted, numerous threads intertwined to make the multiple color pattern.

Now with that being said, I don't know the process but I would assume all thread is dipped at some point but the difference is that the thread is dipped before the upper was weaved together on those thrillers, the masterpiece's, and ASG's. And the fades and solids look as if they were weaved together and then the whole upper was dipped or painted using grey thread. Not 100% positive about the process, but this is the conclusion that I have formed based on pictures and some of the stories in the ID thread.

Last edited:
If someone is interested, I still have a brand new pair of All Star (Devotion) for sale. Size 11. Shipping from France.

Probably already been said but those Legacy's look to have the same process they are using on the NIKE ID solids and fades- dyed or painted flyknit. At least they did take the time to give them an extra dip or coating but still looks cheap. Love the concept but IMO, poorly executed. A pure blue flyknit would have been a cop but have to pass on these too many terrible pictures of the fades and solids to pull the trigger at $225.

The flyknit on the legacy pair is not "dipped" and neither are any solid or fade iD pairs. The horrible iD pairs were "airbrushed" and you can tell by patches where the original grey backing sticks out. Also, I'm guessing you didn't order or see those iDs in person, because the new legacy pair is definitely not "airbrushed" like them. The strands are a normal flyknit weave and you can clearly see it with the newer/better pics a page or two back. It isn't as refined as any of the other highs, or the gr elite lows, but you can easily see the "kobe 9 flyknit design" changing between the 3 blues, and not just a sprayed on solid color with the backing showing through on some patchy sections. I'm guessing either you're trying to play the shoe down so you can get it easily, or you didn't see the newer pictures?

Last edited:
Those HD pics make it clear to me that the blue is done just like the red and purple lows. The difference is instead of a black first layer they just used a lighter blue.

not sure what your looking at, they dont look airbrushed or dipped. they look like a high version of moonwalkers but in blue. and this shoe is def worth copping looks great to me

Last edited:
Those HD pics make it clear to me that the blue is done just like the red and purple lows. The difference is instead of a black first layer they just used a lighter blue.

Yeah, I'm not sure what dude was talking about saying they're dipped. You can see the edges and tell it's not dipped.

In those ID's it's grey around the tongue.

Relax...... Maybe its the lack of contrast but it looks off to me! It's not the end of the world, just my opinion. They just don't pop to me like the Thrillers or Moonwalkers but it could be from the lack of contrast.

versus

definitely NO COMPARISON or whatsoever :smh:

More HD pictures of the Brave Blue "Legacy" Kobe 9 Elite Highs
Based on the new pics I like them more than I have so far, but really really wish they had done something different with the outsole. The lining color or even the fly wire color woulda been nice. Maybe a blue glow sole. Anything but white. But dropping the ball on the outsole seems to be the rule with the IX's...

Relax...... Maybe its the lack of contrast but it looks off to me! It's not the end of the world, just my opinion. They just don't pop to me like the Thrillers or Moonwalkers but it could be from the lack of contrast.
Yeah you're wrong about them airbrushing or dipping it like the id. They have two blue's mixed together, military blue and brave blue all over the upper and you can see the 2 different colors, they are not solid. They look to be on quality with all of the other release pairs. Same as those "thrillers" .

It's just like the details but blue

Back
Top Bottom