THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Well I was comparing the engineered mesh and fuse. I think when the X elites drop people will find those to be better than the elite IX. The flyknit was interesting but nike left a lot of room for improvement.

Nope X elites are booboo

It is the height thing for most. A lot of people just buy basketball shoes to rock casually and feel they can't do it with the high. I disagree I think it can be done. Also there was not enough flyknit low colorways to really make a difference
Huh? Moonwalkers, UR's, BEETS, MC lows and MM's thats 5 hot CW's right there.

I think the 8s are the best and I dont even like the WT collection. But that would be the only WT shoe I would cop.

They're not eem a WTshoe though. It's an Easter colorway they didn't release earlier.
Ha just because they have easter-ish colors doesn't make them an easter shoe. And it would be near impossible to create an actual WT shoe with the flyknit because they use continuous knitted thread so it would be very difficult to mix all the different colorways on the upper unless dyed after the upper was made which would lead to bleeding and look bad. They mad the WT theme with the graphics on the ankle area, the inner, as well as the names inside the tongue. It was the closest they would come.

That's one of the reason's I like it, doesn't look like they just puked out all the colors onto the shoes like the 8

They're not eem a WTshoe though. It's an Easter colorway they didn't release earlier.
Ha just because they have easter-ish colors doesn't make them an easter shoe. And it would be near impossible to create an actual WT shoe with the flyknit because they use continuous knitted thread so it would be very difficult to mix all the different colorways on the upper unless dyed after the upper was made which would lead to bleeding and look bad. They mad the WT theme with the graphics on the ankle area, the inner, as well as the names inside the tongue. It was the closest they would come.

That's one of the reason's I like it, doesn't look like they just puked out all the colors onto the shoes like the 8
YEP!

Still doesn't make it a WTshoe if you didn't have the different tags on the inside and actually have Nike say it was one nobody would know. The concept has been a Mashup of all the colorways, the IX was not that.

Last edited:
My point is they should have made more than 3 general releases
Okay yea they went hard on the highs in comparison but they did give you the elite lows on ID.  I think they looked at the money with the elite lows and decided to cash in on ID for 45 more bucks then release a bunch of retail pairs. 

What makes a shoe what the to you then?

See my edit. You put all the models Kobes, Lebrons, and KD WTshoes up and tell me which one doesn't belong. It's not about being wearable or not, the concept of the series wasn't executed on the IX elites.

is there any chance i can get a mp high or a blk mc id low for a decent price ds sz 12?

You're probably looking at 500+ for an MP not sure about the mc id. Maybe 375+

$350 or lower for a ds low id is do-able as is $500+ for a ds mp high i just wouldnt be able to actually finish the payment process my hands would stop me :lol:
like this View media item 1452752or the blackout sole version are both dope

I agree that the shoe doesn't fit the WT theme so as a purist I don't view it as a true WT shoe, despite what Nike calls it. As noted, it would have been trickier to execute w/flyknit, but they still could have done something like one shoe having a white base, the other with a black base. I think I would've been all in on that one too. That being said, in person the colors pop so much more than in pictures and I think they look awesome - I don't actually care what they're called.

The $275 price tag was a joke, that wasn't justifiable so I passed until that $200 deal from that euro link came up.

I actually like the fact that this what the Kobe is not mismatched with different colors on each foot. Makes them more wearable imo

posted in the ID thread, but here is my collection of 9s. I should have kept the inspirations 
eyes.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom