THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Are there any sites selling the Kobe 9 EM TB's or is ebay the only place? Really want the white/purple, white/black or white/red in a 11.

How does everyone feel about the cushion in the 9's. Call me crazy, but I don't get much cushioning from them, and it took at least 4 hours of court-time to break them in. IMO, the X cushioning is easy better.

How does everyone feel about the cushion in the 9's. Call me crazy, but I don't get much cushioning from them, and it took at least 4 hours of court-time to break them in. IMO, the X cushioning is easy better.

Initially I thought it was better than the 8s, but I think it won't last if you tend to jump a lot. Its too soft.

kobe VIII cushion, last maybe 2-3 months

kobe IX , about 6-8 months  (beefed up from the 8, but still dies out eventually)

kobe X - the lunar portion prob will bottom out, but it has zoom in the heel, which tends to last a lot longer for sure. 

IMO of course... and assuming you are playing basketball in the shoes. 

Last edited:
^I agree with this assessment on the life of the cushion setups

I'm pretty anxious to get the full-length zoom iD insole in for the Kobe XI.  That could change a lot of things in terms of playing more in my 8s and 9s again.  I still like the full lunar insert, but I only have a couple left that are not bottomed out or at least close.

The Bron XI insert is nice to throw in but it takes away from lockdown a bit

Inn again after being disappointed on how the 11s  perform, dislike the traction . the 9s have one of the best traction in most recent kobe models. Hope to find some more deals for the 9s. on hunt for blue PRMs...

Nike no longer does stock check at factory stores smh

Last edited:

^I agree with this assessment on the life of the cushion setups

I'm pretty anxious to get the full-length zoom iD insole in for the Kobe XI.  That could change a lot of things in terms of playing more in my 8s and 9s again.  I still like the full lunar insert, but I only have a couple left that are not bottomed out or at least close.

The Bron XI insert is nice to throw in but it takes away from lockdown a bit
Is it b/c the Bron XI insert is thicker than the lunar 9 inserts?

thinking about copping a 9 on the low and switching the insert with the Bron XI or throwing a ebay zoom bag under the luanr.

Last edited:

thinking about copping a 9 on the low and switching the insert with the Bron XI or throwing a ebay zoom bag under the luanr.
Yeah because it is thicker.  To be honest I haven't actually hooped in the 9 lows or highs with a Bron XI insert, but I have only had the right size in the lows that would fit the Bron insert.  I was just a little worried about the lockdown so didn't give it a go.  Maybe I should give it a try at least to shoot around or something...  Regardless, it's cool to have the option for an insert from the KB XI that should fit really nicely in the KB 9.  The crazy iD price is the only thing...

One word of warning on the ebay zoom insoles, they aren't the true PSI of a typical zoom bag.  They are comfy to put in but won't give you any extra spring.  I know because I've bought a pair before.

Last edited:

Yeah because it is thicker.  To be honest I haven't actually hooped in the 9 lows or highs with a Bron XI insert, but I have only had the right size in the lows that would fit the Bron insert.  I was just a little worried about the lockdown so didn't give it a go.  Maybe I should give it a try at least to shoot around or something...  Regardless, it's cool to have the option for an insert from the KB XI that should fit really nicely in the KB 9.  The crazy iD price is the only thing...

One word of warning on the ebay zoom insoles, they aren't the true PSI of a typical zoom bag.  They are comfy to put in but won't give you any extra spring.  I know because I've bought a pair before.
Thanks!!!! 

hey brodies im looking to pick up another pair of my fav hoop shoe the kobe 9 em, does anyone know any sites still selling them? thanks! 

Originally Posted by greenj**** 

hey brodies im looking to pick up another pair of my fav hoop shoe the kobe 9 em, does anyone know any sites still selling them? thanks! 
your best bet are the nike outlets and/or ebay

Back
Top Bottom