The Official Kobe X iD thread

People don't get what they want.
3 outta 4 in here only copy the HTM designs cuz they're limited and resell is high.
For example if Jordan 1s ever hit Nike iD most popular builds will be Frags, Royals & Banned colorways. Nobody would make a yellow mixed with this or a purple mixed with that. People aren't creative anymore, they only follow the hype. In my opinion, you shouldn't be afraid to break away from the pack and try something new. I forgot who brought it up but one of the best kobe 9 iDs was that Red pair with Gold swoosh. Someone who wasn't afraid to be different went the opposite way and it came out great. Tanks pair looks great, as does all the green glow pairs posted so far. I rep any & all who aren't afraid to think beyond hype.  

This isn't even worth debating over...But I'll go ahead and respond.

People don't get what they want? If I pull my credit card out of my pocket and pay 250 for a shoe the looks like a popular shoe that's limited, that's my bag baby. Nobody...and I mean nobody is in a position to tell me or others what I want or should buy. Creativity or no creativity, my money, my shoes.

Does hype exist? Yes it does, but you forget that the colorways you mention and many others are just very solid colorways.

Don't be a sneaker hipster. Don't under value bred/royal 1s, yeezy color ways etc etc just because of hype on them.

Oh and btw the all red w/gold swoosh colorway you mentioned...That's a hyped cw too. (See LeBron championship colorways)

Last edited:

There will  be 4 new X Elite options ( 9 in total including current options) but I dont think any of them will be "MC" like IX IDs 
sort of right/wrong. yes there will be more kobe x elite options. but 1 will be multicolor upper... here's just a snippet of publicly available info regarding the multicolor upper kobe x IDs:
Code:
{  "id" : "10328183",  "type" : "Footwear",  "nikeType" : "Shoes",  "name1" : "Kobe X Elite Low iD",  "name2" : "Men's Basketball Shoe",  "nikeId" : true,  "instantCustomization" : false,  "nikeIdPathName" : "kobeXlow1506",  "nikeIdSlug" : "kobe-x-elite-low-id",  "athletes" : [ "Kobe Bryant" ],  "tagline" : "<strong>CUSTOMIZE WITH PRECISION</strong>",  "benefits" : "<div class=\"pi-tier3\"><div class=\"pi-pdpmainbody\">Kobe X Elite Low iD Basketball Shoe  CUSTOMIZE WITH PRECISION  The Kobe X Elite Low iD Men&apos;s Basketball Shoe features the latest Nike Flyknit construction for strength, breathability and support, plus flexible cushioning for greater comfort and control. Customize yours with NIKEiD for a one-of-a-kind look.   Choose Your Colors  The supportive, lightweight Flyknit upper is available in solid colors and two-tone, asymmetrical designs.   Customize Your Sole  Choose a solid color, a glow-in-the-dark color, a translucent finish or a multicolor pattern.  Add Speckles  Splatter your midsole with speckles in the color of your choice.  Strong, Lightweight Support.  The virtually seamless, formfitting Flyknit upper is woven more openly in areas that need greater breathability and tighter in areas that demand more strength and support. A transparent yarn gives it a strong, breathable mesh-like texture and allows a look inside the shoe.  Flexible Cushioning  Springy Lunarlon cushioning delivers soft yet responsive shock absorption. It features new multidirectional flex grooves that allow your toes to spread naturally for a more powerful first step.  Responsiveness  A visible Nike Zoom unit in the heel provides responsive, low-profile cushioning from tip-off to final buzzer.  More Benefits  •\tFlywire cables for lockdown and an adaptive fit  •\tTranslucent rubber outsole for multidirectional traction on a variety of surfaces  •\tSignature sheath logo and mamba-inspired pattern at the tongue top</div></div>",  "shoeTechnologies" : [ "Nike Flyknit", "Nike Zoom" ],  "bestFor" : [ "Electric Quickness" ],  "images" : [ ],  "prices" : {    "list" : "245.00",    "currentRetail" : "245.00",    "currencyCode" : "USD",    "formattedList" : "$245",    "formattedCurrentRetail" : "$245"  },  "primaryColor" : "Multi-Color",  "style" : "802817",  "colorCode" : "991",  "colorDescription" : "Multi-Color/Multi-Color",  "hardLaunch" : false,  "preOrder" : false,

Last edited:
^^^ They're all listed as Multicolor during the build process and the specific reference to MC in the above post is on the soles not the flyknit itself. 

sort of right/wrong. yes there will be more kobe x elite options. but 1 will be multicolor upper... here's just a snippet of publicly available info regarding the multicolor upper kobe x IDs:
Code:
{  "id" : "10328183",  "type" : "Footwear",  "nikeType" : "Shoes",  "name1" : "Kobe X Elite Low iD",  "name2" : "Men's Basketball Shoe",  "nikeId" : true,  "instantCustomization" : false,  "nikeIdPathName" : "kobeXlow1506",  "nikeIdSlug" : "kobe-x-elite-low-id",  "athletes" : [ "Kobe Bryant" ],  "tagline" : "<strong>CUSTOMIZE WITH PRECISION</strong>",  "benefits" : "<div class=\"pi-tier3\"><div class=\"pi-pdpmainbody\">Kobe X Elite Low iD Basketball Shoe  CUSTOMIZE WITH PRECISION  The Kobe X Elite Low iD Men&apos;s Basketball Shoe features the latest Nike Flyknit construction for strength, breathability and support, plus flexible cushioning for greater comfort and control. Customize yours with NIKEiD for a one-of-a-kind look.   Choose Your Colors  The supportive, lightweight Flyknit upper is available in solid colors and two-tone, asymmetrical designs.   Customize Your Sole  Choose a solid color, a glow-in-the-dark color, a translucent finish or a multicolor pattern.  Add Speckles  Splatter your midsole with speckles in the color of your choice.  Strong, Lightweight Support.  The virtually seamless, formfitting Flyknit upper is woven more openly in areas that need greater breathability and tighter in areas that demand more strength and support. A transparent yarn gives it a strong, breathable mesh-like texture and allows a look inside the shoe.  Flexible Cushioning  Springy Lunarlon cushioning delivers soft yet responsive shock absorption. It features new multidirectional flex grooves that allow your toes to spread naturally for a more powerful first step.  Responsiveness  A visible Nike Zoom unit in the heel provides responsive, low-profile cushioning from tip-off to final buzzer.  More Benefits  •\tFlywire cables for lockdown and an adaptive fit  •\tTranslucent rubber outsole for multidirectional traction on a variety of surfaces  •\tSignature sheath logo and mamba-inspired pattern at the tongue top</div></div>",  "shoeTechnologies" : [ "Nike Flyknit", "Nike Zoom" ],  "bestFor" : [ "Electric Quickness" ],  "images" : [ ],  "prices" : {    "list" : "245.00",    "currentRetail" : "245.00",    "currencyCode" : "USD",    "formattedList" : "$245",    "formattedCurrentRetail" : "$245"  },  "primaryColor" : "Multi-Color",  "style" : "802817",  "colorCode" : "991",  "colorDescription" : "Multi-Color/Multi-Color",  "hardLaunch" : false,  "preOrder" : false,
And this says what?

There are  9 different  SKUs  for IX Elite Low end of story. 

What your looking at is color description, there are hundreds of ID shoes that say MC  and arent even flyknit or more than one color for that matter. 

Lastly  the "991" number that you believe is MC  is out now . Inside of each shoe  is a sku +  color code. Ill show you what option 991 one is in a few hrs and show you how to find the color code yourself . 

So before you say someone is wrong do your homework first, Ive done mine 
wink.gif

EDIT: 

I see you edited your post from what I got via  NT notifications, Im not looking for validation in what I said I know Im  right . 

Unless I state my own opinion  any info I provide is coming from  the brand itself , does things change yes but I dont control  that . 

Last edited:
how do you know this? And at what given time frame?
Cuz  Im smashing this chic on the reg.

Ill send you a snapchat  PM me

People don't get what they want? If I pull my credit card out of my pocket and pay 250 for a shoe the looks like a popular shoe that's limited, that's my bag baby. Nobody...and I mean nobody is in a position to tell me or others what I want or should buy. Creativity or no creativity, my money, my shoes.

Does hype exist? Yes it does, but you forget that the colorways you mention and many others are just very solid colorways.

Don't be a sneaker hipster. Don't under value bred/royal 1s, yeezy color ways etc etc just because of hype on them.

Oh and btw the all red w/gold swoosh colorway you mentioned...That's a hyped cw too. (See LeBron championship colorways)
Well said 
pimp.gif

Was told by Nike chat several times my order hasn't been started... It's been 2.5 weeks. Earlier on was told it was started. Was just told it had been started. So confused. Does Nike do this sh*t often? My IDs took around 2-2.5 weeks

People don't get what they want.

3 outta 4 in here only copy the HTM designs cuz they're limited and resell is high.

For example if Jordan 1s ever hit Nike iD most popular builds will be Frags, Royals & Banned colorways. Nobody would make a yellow mixed with this or a purple mixed with that. People aren't creative anymore, they only follow the hype. In my opinion, you shouldn't be afraid to break away from the pack and try something new. I forgot who brought it up but one of the best kobe 9 iDs was that Red pair with Gold swoosh. Someone who wasn't afraid to be different went the opposite way and it came out great. Tanks pair looks great, as does all the green glow pairs posted so far. I rep any & all who aren't afraid to think beyond hype.  
People do get EXACTLY what they want. What they want may just be a CW already released (HTM), previously released (Beets), a classic (Chaos), etc.

Classic CW's, previous favorites in the Kobe line, all that **** gets remade for a reason. Because it's good.

I saw PLENTY of MC IX ID builds that were straight trash. But kudos to them for being creative. I'll be less creative with my 2 MP builds.

The nice thing about ID is people do get whatever they want.

Code:
so here is the MC that you reference, anyone can add it your cart right now its a solid upper. 

There will  be 4 new X Elite options ( 9 in total including current options) but I dont think any of them will be "MC" like IX IDs 

I will take other colors besides MC. Something like the mamba moments or more red, blue, volt multi....the possibilities are endless.

I was never really a fan of the MC for some reason but i loved the masterpiece. I kinda wish i picked up a pair just because its an id that was basically like a regular release in a way. Obviously it was more limited but enough people made the same thing that it felt like it wasnt really an id but just a limited colorway that came out. 

I was never really a fan of the MC for some reason but i loved the masterpiece. I kinda wish i picked up a pair just because its an id that was basically like a regular release in a way. Obviously it was more limited but enough people made the same thing that it felt like it wasnt really an id but just a limited colorway that came out. 

agreed. MC is cool...but i can do with or without.

not a kobe high fan...but i was a fan of the way the masterpiece executed the MC as opposed to the iD

True. Same could be said about the Mamba Moments pair as well. Granted they were worn by Kobe and could have just as easily released that pair alone as a release, but gave us the option to make the same pair or customize it differently.

agreed. MC is cool...but i can do with or without.

not a kobe high fan...but i was a fan of the way the masterpiece executed the MC as opposed to the iD
I was torn between a pair of MC IDs or Masterpiece because I had missed out on both initially, but the little details on the MP were what pushed me in that direction. The multi color speckles and the iridescent material on the outer and the tongue are what I really like about them.

You clearly didnt read the context of the post and you couldve at least used a kobe gif 

dt66pa.gif

I know you were calling out the other guy for not giving you the MC info or item #'s, etc.   Its all just confusing to me.

Besides, I like confused GP better.

Hey @NYC757  when you say 4 new options, do you mean 4 different types of uppers? or could it be any option? like when they added those striped midsoles for the base model

Last edited:
Ill clarify for you and others. 

There will be 4 more ID options for the X Elite Low. Will there be a MC option its possible but what I suspect is it will look like this 

805937-901

MULTI-COLOR/METALLIC SILVER 

and not this 

The 4 color options are listed below. If you add the current available options to your cart it will give the style code. 

001    BLACK/MULTI-COLOR    Out Now 

002    PURE PLATINUM/MULTI-COLOR    Out Now  

003    BLACK/MULTI-COLOR    

004    PURE PLATINUM/MULTI-COLOR    

101    WHITE/MULTI-COLOR Out Now  

102    WHITE/MULTI-COLOR    

991    MULTI-COLOR/MULTI-COLOR    Out Now  

992    MULTI-COLOR/MULTI-COLOR    Out Now  

993    MULTI-COLOR/MULTI-COLOR    

Back
Top Bottom