The Official Kobe X iD thread

anyone purchase what the X from footlocker or footaction? do you have the code. Trying to track these down but no codes to be found on the internet.

Anybody have any problems with the air bubbles bulge? I forget where I saw it. I'm concerned about it since I don't wear my shoes as often and afraid that it'll happen while being ds in the box and by that time nike won't warranty it.

Last edited:
Anybody have any problems with the air bubbles bulge? I forget where I saw it. I'm concerned about it since I don't wear my shoes as often and afraid that it'll happen while being ds in the box and by that time nike won't warranty it.

You have two years from production date. They won't pop on their own but say you decide to unds them 6 months before the 2 year mark and everything is great but 8 months later they pop. You would be past warranty long story short I would start wearing them now and if they pop they pop but I am afraid of the same thing myself.

I had my blue lagoons pop. It actually didn't bulge but I could very easily push the soles inward

I had a very small one forming on my IDs but it hasn't grown since. I have another year left of warranty

Last edited:

You have two years from production date. They won't pop on their own but say you decide to unds them 6 months before the 2 year mark and everything is great but 8 months later they pop. You would be past warranty long story short I would start wearing them now and if they pop they pop but I am afraid of the same thing myself.

I had my blue lagoons pop. It actually didn't bulge but I could very easily push the soles inward

I had a very small one forming on my IDs but it hasn't grown since. I have another year left of warranty

Yeach that's what what I'm afraid of. Spend so much money on these and then you got to burn through them smh.

Returned my kobe X Grinch id's to the Nike Citadel outlet today, just couldnt fit em and kept wondering why i had $245 just sitting in the closet. Size 13 fyi.

So this was the last pair of MCs I received with the intentions of customizing them. Make them my own with an HTM feel.

I've already painted the shuzoku on the tongues as seen in this pic (first pair)....

Now I want to get really crazy....thinking about making the toe box solid black or even slightly black and adding some white leather laces. I used the rendering to PS what it might look like.

So what do you guys think? I know its risky and taking a sharpie to $250 kicks isn't the smartest but I wanted to try and create something unique. Partial black toe like an HTM 9 or full black toe? I figure I can start with the partial and if I don't like it just fill it in for a full black toe. Thoughts? Am I nuts for wanting to do this?
laugh.gif
Be nice guys...
Another option is to coat the flyknit upper with clearcoat a few times and then do the colours, make for an easier spread and save that multicolour if you mess up.

Should be able to peel it off somewhat without the colour seeping through to the knit, probably a PITA though.

Back
Top Bottom