The Official Kobe X iD thread

the red model the red model it also has to do with the fact that they sprayed the whole damn shoe with a thin layer of black to mute the colors...just look at the volt threads, they almost look dirty from the overspray

I think the weave in those MambaColor shots looks good - just not a fan of the build.

I went traditional Chaos, and two with all black options except white mids - one with black trans and the other gum. All builds complete, just waiting on shipping.

mambacolor pics are looking
nthat.gif
 IMO. Cant wait for my pairs to come in.

@The red model it also has to do with the fact that they sprayed the whole damn shoe with a thin layer of black to mute the colors...just look at the volt threads, they almost look dirty from the overspray
I disagree with this notion. Even a "thin layer of black" would be painfully obvious. It appears to simply be an overall darker MC knit

I disagree with this notion. Even a "thin layer of black" would be painfully obvious. It appears to simply be an overall darker MC knit

I disagree. Spray paint gets on everything if not masked properly and it doesn't seem like the even tried to do a good job masking. I noticed the overspray in the first image posted and since then, the black medials have been the only ones with darker flyknit. Its simply Nike doing a bad job on this particular setup.

Pair #1 & last to arrive

Canon SL1 pics

No flash, No filters

Sz 11, might let these go if fellow NTer is interested. I got 4 more Kobes coming and like my other 2 colorways better. DM me

I disagree. Spray paint gets on everything if not masked properly and it doesn't seem like the even tried to do a good job masking. I noticed the overspray in the first image posted and since then, the black medials have been the only ones with darker flyknit. Its simply Nike doing a bad job on this particular setup.
I can't speak on black medials becuase I do not personally own a pair and havn't seen one in person but my purple medial chaos pair has a darker weave and there is no way it's painted over. Not even a little. Now that being said, there is certainly a difference between the knit on that pair and my grey medial pair. 

Last edited:
I apologize if this has already been answered, but is the multicolor Flyknit on the Kobe X MC IDs actual FK or spray painted? And is the multicolor FK on the Kobe X "Mambacolor" IDs actual FK or spray painted, too? Thanks in advance

Obviously I can't speak for anybody else, but my black medial pair def doesn't have any "overspray" or whatever. Maybe I just got lucky, idk...

Mine does have a bit darker weave, but its due to it being predominantly crimson and purple... That's just me tho. YMMV.

Obviously I can't speak for anybody else, but my black medial pair def doesn't have any "overspray" or whatever. Maybe I just got lucky, idk...

Mine does have a bit darker weave, but its due to it being predominantly crimson and purple... That's just me tho. YMMV.

None on mines either maybe we are the lucky few bro

I apologize if this has already been answered, but is the multicolor Flyknit on the Kobe X MC IDs actual FK or spray painted? And is the multicolor FK on the Kobe X "Mambacolor" IDs actual FK or spray painted, too? Thanks in advance

the multi part of the weave isn't spray painted.

post a pic of the toe box?

A little bummed that both of my asymmetrical pairs have the darker weave but they both look great. Now I wait for the mamba colors

Looking good sir. I was really hoping for the lighter FK with these but they still look nice. We'll see how the mamba colors come out but I may return mine.

I got pair #3 today. The dark grey medial landed me the dark FK. Not happy about it but they are different than most pairs I've seen so I'll probably keep. View media item 1809123
Clear sole all white upper and black check. I'll take better pics tomorrow in natural light and post em.

Back
Top Bottom