The Official Kobe XI NikeID Thread - Elite & EM available now

lol. Doesn't look too bad though. But the workmanship might be crap. The IX fade on the pair I made was not even fade. Doesn't hurt to give them another shot as they can be returned.

^ Why waste your time ordering a pair? 
mean.gif

Yea...I wouldn't take anything they tell you via chat as 100%. In-hand pics are the way to go when it comes to the painted flyknit or not. We obviously know how knowledgeable they've been when it came to these Grinch problems.

^ Why waste your time ordering a pair? :smh:

Let's be real, I knew they'd be painted from the beginning. Doesn't change the fact I still want to iD a pair. But the fact that they sat up here and told me that they weren't painted is why I will be making a call. I'm not ok with them lying to me like that.

You know what's funny... On a chat with Nike they told me the Kobe 11s were in fact not spray painted and the colors were true flyknit weave. I even saved the chat. I'm gonna order a pair just to go off on em and supply the chat
These Nike chat reps don't know everything though.... so like others have said, ordering a pair just to go back on chat and get mad at them seems like a waste of time and money to me.

Yea...I wouldn't take anything they tell you via chat as 100%. In-hand pics are the way to go when it comes to the painted flyknit or not. We obviously know how knowledgeable they've been when it came to these Grinch problems.

There's pros and cons to this mess. Like the Kobe 11 iDs... I'm pissed! I didn't make a Kobe 11 iD yet because I was waiting on a status update on my Grinches. I wasn't going to order one without knowing about my current order. But because of the wait now I missed out on options. The gum soles are only on white and black uppers.

Waiting to make an iD pros: see in hand pics before you make your own

Waiting to make an iD cons: losing options waiting on in hand pics

These Nike chat reps don't know everything though.... so like others have said, ordering a pair just to go back on chat and get mad at them seems like a waste of time and money to me.

Again, i knew (as well as most of us) full well they'd be painted. I was going to make a pair regardless. Me complaining about the paint after receiving them is me saying to them that Nike needs to communicate better within their employees. I don't think it's right that I can ask a rep if something is painted or not and they tell me "these are not painted. 100% true color flyknit" and take my money based on a lie. If you don't know, fine, just say that. Don't sit up here and tell me that lie just to get a sell

Again, i knew (as well as most of us) full well they'd be painted. I was going to make a pair regardless. Me complaining about the paint after receiving them is me saying to them that Nike needs to communicate better within their employees. I don't think it's right that I can ask a rep if something is painted or not and they tell me "these are not painted. 100% true color flyknit" and take my money based on a lie. If you don't know, fine, just say that. Don't sit up here and tell me that lie just to get a sell
I'm on chat with them right now and Shanice is telling me that nothing is painted (as in, ever). I asked her specifically about the Kobe 10 asymmetrical multicolor pairs, and she's telling me those AREN'T painted....

I'm not saying I'm about to catch feelings because they "lied" to me, I'm just saying that I wouldn't take anything they say at 100% factual. The reason they say they aren't painted is probably because nowhere on the product page does it say that they're painted.

Order at your own risk man

Last edited:
Not only do these look painted to me....they look DOUBLE painted.  It looks like they hit them with a grey fade from toe box to heel...then hit them with a blue fade (on top of the grey fade) from toe box to about the 5th eyelet.

It's not that they look horrible.  It's that it just looks stupid on a flyknit shoe.  Why paint a fake blended weave, when you can do a real blended weave?

If you want an exposed brick wall in your house, and you have a brick wall to restore and expose...you do it.  You don't put up fake brick wallboard over a real brick wall.

Not only do these look painted to me....they look DOUBLE painted.  It looks like they hit them with a grey fade from toe box to heel...then hit them with a blue fade (on top of the grey fade) from toe box to about the 5th eyelet.

It's not that they look horrible.  It's that it just looks stupid on a flyknit shoe.  Why paint a fake blended weave, when you can do a real blended weave?

If you want an exposed brick wall in your house, and you have a brick wall to restore and expose...you do it.  You don't put up fake brick wallboard over a real brick wall.
back to their painting ways..
laugh.gif

now, the question is what base color did they use? that will be the best cw I bet..

back to their painting ways.. :lol:

now, the question is what base color did they use? that will be the best cw I bet..

i'm gonna assume the "white/grey" flyknit.

the black ones posted a few pages back looked like they were actually black

Last edited:
I feel like Nike will just flat out refuse to admit that it's painted, in any circumstance. I even attached that very pic and said it looked painted to me, and the rep still said it wasn't.

Yea...it looks like the base is the white/grey flyknit, but then it gets hit with a dark grey fade, then a blue fade.  I just wish they would focus on better quality as opposed to more options.  

The X "Grinches" are the perfect example.  

The options were limited, but the flyknit was quality, and it looks great.  I would rather have half the options that are currently available if it meant real flykint color weaves.  I'm fine with only 5 or 6 shoe colors to work with that have real flyknit colored weaves.  I can always work with different color tongues, swooshes, etc and cook something up that's original.

Last edited:
Yea...it looks like the base is the white/grey flyknit, but then it gets hit with a dark grey fade, then a blue fade.  I just wish they would focus on better quality as opposed to more options.  

The X "Grinches" are the perfect example.  

The options were limited, but the flyknit was quality, and it looks great.  I would rather have half the options that are currently available if it meant real flykint color weaves.  I'm fine with only 5 or 6 shoe colors to work with that have real flyknit colored weaves.  I can always work with different color tongues, swooshes, etc and cook something up that's original.

Really?? They look terrible in my opinion

I'm hoping one of you gets a white top and posts it. I already ordered a black, but if white looks better than the website I'll return it and make another build. sorry ndc!

To each their own...but I love my pair; mainly because it's one of the few X iDs options that weren't spray painted.  It's real flyknit weave like the light grey 'Beethoven' base model, the multi-grey base model, and the Mambacolor.  

ALL flyknit options for the XIs should be woven like this for $245.

Last edited:
No surprise the fade options are painted.

Waiting to see the solid colors... But the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking they'll be painted too (I was more optimistic seeing some sample pics but not so much anymore). There's just too many options. For most of the other Flyknit shoes on ID that I've seen, they usually only offer three or four options.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom