THE OFFICIAL LEBRON VIII THREAD Updated V3 release 4/16/2011

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Very insecure. Stop worrying about your "haters" and play some damn basketball.
Believe it or not a lot of superstar athletes care about what the public perception is of them. Michael Jordan himself was infamous for using "hate" as motivation. Some are more vocal than others about it, but why do you think that Lebron is going to do anything but "play some damn basketball". Actually he's been pretty consistent in that respect, save for a flame-out or two, but then again that can apply to other superstars as well.

digged the commercial, he addressed what needed to be addressed, he made light of the situation which i think needed to be done cause all that matters now is playin basketball

I liked the commercial.. it basically summarizes who is LeBron... is he someone who lives to satisfy everyone but himself... or is he striving to reach his personal goals and ambitions in his life... (this is just my opinion, I feel as if LeBron is wondering why people hate him so much just because he's not doing what everyone else wants him to do)

The same is true for ANYONE ... I mean like growing up and your dad is a cop and wants you to be a cop... what do you do? what you want or what he wants? BE YOU!

(Please don't hate on my opinion I just felt LeBron is getting hated on for all the wrong reasons)
smile.gif

He is a Basketball player and everyone is putting so much emphasis on what he does.

If everyone worried so much as to what our politicians are doing, we would all be in a better position as a nation.

He chose a team that gave him everything that he wanted and signed him as a free agent. Done deal. What he does on the court from now on will judge if he made the correct decision in his career.

No one can put themselves in this mans shoes and decide what to do, he made his decision and ultimately took less money to come to a team with a Championship caliber front office, coaching staff and players.

To everyone that is STILL crying over his decision to come to Miami, get over it, its over, done. Time to move on.

^thank you. i cant believe people are still bitter about it. Cleveland had a good amount of time to find lebron some REAL(players and head coach) help to go back to the Finals where he didnt by myself his forth year in the league. Since they took him for granted, he left and made his own way for less money.

Pat Reilly will get them a Championship.

Chris Rock, " No man has led more black men to the promised land...than Coach Pat Riley."

Coach Riley made all the right moves, he was playing chess while all the other teams were playing checkers.

^Some times I believe fans get too personal about athletes...Fans act like the athlete is supposed to be loyal to them because they are loyal to him (buying merchandise/tickets/etc....), THAT ALONE KILLS ME....Lebron has his own life, he can do whatever the hell he wants...When he first left Cleveland for Miami I was mad as hell, now I realize why he did it though...Better opportunity, this is his life, not ours...So why are so many people whining about his own personal decisions? What should he do: Stay in Cold ***$ Cleveland with a dead ***$$$ city or go to Miami a city that has a decent economy, beautiful weather, and hot chicks 24/7 while playing with 2 future hall of famers? Sometimes people gotta quit sucking the sac and keep it movin. Yall (the fans) actin like females in a breakup sometimes...STRAIGHT TRIPPIN ("O LEBRON LEFT CLEVELAND AND I LOVED HIM THERE SO NOW I HATE HIM, EVEN THOUGH HE WAS THERE FOR 7 YEARS AND WE COULDN'T FIND A WAY TO WORK IT OUT" ETC)...when it comes down to the fact that yall don't even know Lebron personally. So what should he do?

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Very insecure. Stop worrying about your "haters" and play some damn basketball.

i said same thang... he very insecure with himself.. and never won anything to be putting out this type of commercial.. people have a reason to bash lebron he does alot talkin and not enuff basketball

Originally Posted by jca998

Pat Reilly will get them a Championship.

Chris Rock, " No man has led more black men to the promised land...than Coach Pat Riley."

Coach Riley made all the right moves, he was playing chess while all the other teams were playing checkers.
what mj said bout this "players win championships not general managers,presidents & owners." #imjustsayin

It takes the whole organization working together in order to produce Championship winning teams.

Coaches, Managers, Trainers, and Players.

All of these most work together in order to get the Championship.

Tell Michael Jordan that not me... he won 6 rings.. isnt he the 1 who change sports,nba ,nike & took basketball global... mj words mean alot more than us on a message board... do yall even watch basketball really.. Jordan has stated this many times thru hall of fame speech,books and different media outlets i thought that was common knowledge...remember the reason the bulls broke because of the gm,owner,president piss mj off..  yall acting like mj not the godfather of basketball & sneakers 

Actually, Riley has more, 7 Championships.

Player

* 1× NBA Champion (1972)

Coach

* 6× NBA Champion (1980 as assistant coach), (1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, and 2006 as head coach)

* 3× NBA Coach of the Year (1990, 1993, 1997)
* Top 10 Coaches in NBA History (1996)

Originally Posted by jca998

Actually, Riley has more, 7 Championships.

Player

* 1× NBA Champion (1972)

Coach

* 6× NBA Champion (1980 as assistant coach), (1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, and 2006 as head coach)

* 3× NBA Coach of the Year (1990, 1993, 1997)
* Top 10 Coaches in NBA History (1996)
and your point is pat riley a winner??????? i know pat riley a winner but lebron is a player not a coach homie.. you made a point pat riley will get lebron a championship no he wont.. when lebron decide to MAN up in the playoffs he will win a championship... if you wanna compare pat riley to somebody compare him to PHIL JACKSON... #endofstory

add another 2 cent to this Lebron clearly has no killer instinct in him just statin the obvious... d wade does & kobe does... im a lebron fan but the truth is the truth... i never in my life seen MJ complain about what he couldnt do.. he got the job done... also on your point mj was 6 for 6 in the finals 100 % my dude... pat riley has lost in finals many times... matter of fact what happen when pat riley went against Mj head to head... u seen the results... also Pat Riley has the ultimate respect for MJ that 23 jersey is retired in miami heat arena... so this aint bout pat riley is bout lebron disrespecting the ogs of the nba

Mj's opinion dont matter, he seems salty at times that he aint playin no more, always commenting on present players and present state of bball.

You're point was that the players are the only ones that win games, not coaches, take Phil Jackson away from Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant and they wouldn't have any Championships.

It takes more than just players is what I'm saying and I think I've made my point, Lebron James would not win in Cleveland due to poor management and coaching staffs, in Miami, he's got better chances of winning, and he'll win.

I'm done with the discussion, I've taken the thread off topic enough.

Alright for those of us who actually care about the SHOES lol... Here are some quotes from Petrie last night I found kinda interesting and helpful.

“Favorite color or the VIII? Hmmm- well, Im a big fan of a few that will never see the light of day. And just to clear this up- in no way am I solely responsible for the colors of shoes that come out. I can only offer my suggestions!

Originally Posted by luxurious24

Mj's opinion dont matter, he seems salty at times that he aint playin no more, always commenting on present players and present state of bball.

Hold up homie lets be very clear on this. MJ got the right to comment on any athlete who play in nba he earn that right.. you ever heard of respect ur elders.. plus Lebron is with nike basketball.. didnt Mj basically created nike basketball... If it wasnt for Mj would we even watch basketball still?? Mj can comment on lebron now charles barkley can speak also cause lebron is just like him RINGLESS..

also he can comment cause he followin his path being in nba & have a signature nike sneaker...

Can we go back in topic please, start a thread in the S&T section if ya'll wanna continue the argument.

When is the Bred 8 dropping on NDC? Midnight EST?

Originally Posted by luxurious24

That's what Greats do... They critique. You really think Jordan is gonna seriously give credit in any aspect of the game where he has touched based on???..... ? Please. The guy will not even give credit to Kobe where it's due. He's a fool if he thinks Kobe isn't in the top 5 of all time players. He seriously can't admit that Kobes jumper is flawless and probably the greatest shooter ever...<

Jordan will always think he's the greatest. He self proclaims it... Look at the stupid shirts he puts out. And the quotes on his sig shoes...You don't see Kobe doing that... At the end of it all. Kobe will have a better legacy than any player in the NBA. WHETHER U LIKE HIM OR NOT... I watched MJ play... And I'll always consider him my first favorite idol... But basketball player, he's been proven wrong.

Sorry for gettin off topic... iJapino.... Come delete our posts....

Back
Top Bottom