The Official LeBron XI NBA2k14 Thread - CODES GONE/SOLD OUT - PREPARING TO SHIP! - NO BUYING/SELLING

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOUND THIS ON FACEBOOK GROUP NIKETALK ON FB ... IT SEEMS FAKE BUT IDK .... 
I've spoken to a Nike rep about twice a week for the past month or so about various things... I've never seen one speak with poor grammar, punctuation, or sentence structure in any of the conversations. That's a red flag for me on the validity of this.

For example, here's a recent conversation with Nike concerning the code access for releases. (Not me, but yeah)

Edie: Hi, my name is Edie. How may I help you? Edie: Hello T.

T: Hello

T: Can you explain the new access code system?

Edie: I will as best I can.

T: How do i get a code? How do you select who gets them?

Edie: Basically we will email random Nike.com registered members, totally random. The Access Code gives you access, but it doesn't guarantee that you'll be able to buy the launch product.

Edie: It betters your chance of getting launch products, hopefully to rid out the bots and earl links.

T: This sounds crazy to me. When will codes be sent out?

Edie: The night before I believe, this is a brand new process we are testing out.

T: There has to be a better way to eliminate bots and early links then what boils down to a lotto

Edie: I completely agree! I am on Twitter every Saturday morning.

T: Ok. Thanks for your help. I am a long time, loyal customer and I must say this is very disappointing. I hate bots with a passion but there has to be a better way than a system that tells honest customers they can't buy shoes unless they hit a lotto. I'm thrilled you're finally addressing the cheaters but this punishes honest folks

Edie: You will still be able to get the shoes without an acess code.

Edie: Only a couple codes will get sent out for each launch item

T: How do you get the shoes without an access code?  

Edie: The shoes are going to launch as normal,

Edie: Certain consumers will get the code before the launch, the rest of the pairs will launch as normal.

T: I am so confused. So the shoes launch as normal, the cheaters will still gobble up pairs and honest folks with no access code now have less of a chance of getting a pair. This is disappointing. How do i be sure I'm eligible to possibly receive a code? How many codes will be given out?

Edie: By being a registered member on Nike.com and I am not sure how many codes will be given out. Like I said, this is a new process we are testing out.

T: This is really disappointing. Haven't you considered captchas, releasing enough product to meet demand, banning cheaters? It just is very discouraging to know I now need to hit a lottery to buy a shoe. I'm sorry. I know this isn't your decision but this is really disheartening. Thanks for your time.

Edie: You're welcome! I am sorry I wasn't able to provide better answers

T: I hope you tweet a link to a blog post soon explaining this because they're are a lot of confused people on sneaker message boards and to be honest I'm still confused. People get codes but people without codes can still buy. The people without codes will cheat like they always do. Oh, well. Thanks for your time

T: I have a Nike account. Do I notify you beforehand about which release I'd like to be considered for a code? How do you notify us if we won a code? Email? Please tell me more info is coming soon.

Edie: More info is coming soon, the code will be emailed to you the night before.

T: Ok rhanks

Edie: You're welcome

T: Good bye.

T: One last thing when can we expect a full explanation of this new system?

Edie: Yes, keep an eye on our Twitter

(end of chat)

Last edited:

I've spoken to a Nike rep about twice a week for the past month or so about various things... I've never seen one speak with poor grammar, punctuation, or sentence structure in any of the conversations. For example, here's a recent conversation with Nike concerning the code access for releases.
ok i mean you seem right man .. prolly some guy messing with us .. but can you imagine if it was real lmao 

I've spoken to a Nike rep about twice a week for the past month or so about various things... I've never seen one speak with poor grammar, punctuation, or sentence structure in any of the conversations. For example, here's a recent conversation with Nike concerning the code access for releases.

***** is all of this nonsense?

ok i mean you seem right man .. prolly some guy messing with us .. but can you imagine if it was real lmao 
Oh, yeah, definitely. I'd love for that info to be real... premium quality materials? Of course I'd want that. I've just been skeptical about this release a lot lately, haha.

I'd love a SB then I'd actually keep the shoe

There are only a few shoes I really want but I know I will never get because of the price KD 4 galaxy lebron 8 SB lebron 9 Big Bangs yeezy 2s so if we got a SB colorway I'd be very happy

It's apparent each rep has different info. I spoke today with one to update the method of payment on one of my pairs and as I was confirming she said on her own the shoes will ship mid/late march. Just in case anybody wanted to know they cannot change the shipping address on these right now so you will have to contact UPS and arrange pickup.

It's apparent each rep has different info. I spoke today with one to update the method of payment on one of my pairs and as I was confirming she said on her own the shoes will ship mid/late march. Just in case anybody wanted to know they cannot change the shipping address on these right now so you will have to contact UPS and arrange pickup.
If they can't change the shipping address that means they are probably already packaged and labeled. 
nerd.gif

If they can't change the shipping address that means they are probably already packaged and labeled. 
nerd.gif
Dunno about that. I've been unable to change shipping address or shipping method/speed since like 45 minutes after I ordered in early December. Luckily I still own the apartment that the shoes are addressed to, lol.

Exactly what I was thinking...I hope this is a better means of getting shoes honestly. I am growing real tired of not even having a shot.

I don't get it, they select random ppl to send the code to but will still have them go live as they have been, how does this end bots rolling RD? if anything it hurts the chances lol

Lol launch codes... What is this.. Nonsense. I hope the nerds are working this out as we speak.
Why? Do you enjoy being stuck in the release world that we are living in right now? Shouldn't we at least want Nike to attempt something to make everything a little more equal for the normal consumer? I am sure this is going to fail but I damn sure would like an alternative to what we have now...

Why? Do you enjoy being stuck in the release world that we are living in right now? Shouldn't we at least want Nike to attempt something to make everything a little more equal for the normal consumer? I am sure this is going to fail but I damn sure would like an alternative to what we have now...

I'm not stuck in anything. I get every single shoe I want, everything. I don't mind paying these dudes to do it for me rather than paying people at footlocker, footaction, etc. Cause after a while those people think your friends with them. Nike doesn't wanna solve the problem of bots there a billion dollar company they could solved the problem of bots the third week it happened.. Lol are you kidding me? They make more money off of them because they give people like you and others who line up for raffle tickets and camp out false hope. False hope that when you pay the cashier you think to yourself "bots ain't gon get me today". In doing that it just creates more hype cause now your seen lining up... Helping there sales, free advertising, you think Nike cares about bots? Hahahaha do
Yourself a favor and stop buying shoes if you think there trying to please you by doing this. You wanna know what this is? This is when they started adding pictures to rsvps. This is them just keeping you around before you get fed up and say "I ain't buying shoes no more".

Nerds unite. Figure this out.

the access code thingy been up since the 2k lebrons started. its only for special releases like the 2k lebrons. not for every release

just remembered that i have 1 pair ordered with a banned CC 
sick.gif

will see what happens i guess. if anything you guys should check the nike outlets after these get shipped 
laugh.gif

just remembered that i have 1 pair ordered with a banned CC 
sick.gif

will see what happens i guess. if anything you guys should check the nike outlets after these get shipped 
laugh.gif

or contact customer service and change the card....got my confirmation for my change today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom