The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by shake n bake718

What exactly does using iSync to pair your iPhone to a MB do? I was just messing around on my comp and did it, but im not sure if I even did it right or what exactly I can do with it now lol.
Basically everything stored in your phone will be transfered to your MB, contacts to address book, appointments to iCal ect.

Basically backs up your phone information.

Originally Posted by silentxnight

Originally Posted by slaterSB

silentxnight wrote:

does anyone know why certain icons arent changing? like dashboard, ical, and some others. thanks.
Hey thanks man. I think i read ur post on how
to do it when u just wrote it out like 3 posts before mine lol. But i
still havent figured out why my icons wont show up for certain folders.
If i have something in a folder like my documents folder, itll show up
as the blue default folder, but if the folder is empty, my icon will
show. Do you know how to fix that? thanks.

Just download Candybar it is the easiest way to change icons

Current Desktop

33tp0lc.jpg

Originally Posted by Olvera23

What program are you all using for 'file' sharing... I can't my Frostwire to work with SL.

Music wise? For individual files I use Limewire, although I don't use it often, I mostly download music off of blogs and things like that.

Video wise I use torrents.

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

What program are you all using for 'file' sharing... I can't my Frostwire to work with SL.

Music wise? For individual files I use Limewire, although I don't use it often, I mostly download music off of blogs and things like that.

yeah, for music. I get most of my stuff the same way, blogs like HHU and YHTN But I use it here and there for certain songs that'll come up...I heardLimewire isn't the best thing to use though.

Originally Posted by shake n bake718

What exactly does using iSync to pair your iPhone to a MB do? I was just messing around on my comp and did it, but im not sure if I even did it right or what exactly I can do with it now lol.
Basically everything stored in your phone will be transfered to your MB, contacts to address book, appointments to iCal ect.

Basically backs up your phone information.

Thanks for clearing that up.

yeah, for music. I get most of my stuff the same way, blogs like HHU and YHTN But I use it here and there for certain songs that'll come up...I heard Limewire isn't the best thing to use though.
I probably download a song off Limewire ever 3 months or so, just when I need to listen to something(that music fix).

what are some must have aps?
http://bestmacsoftware.org/

Anyone have some good icons? I need some good ones for Itunes, Mail, Iphoto, Safari, last.fm
http://www.deviantart.com/
http://www.interfacelift.com/

Hows that N64 emulator work? Worth a dl?

And i've looked thru both those sites a million times ha ha I can't find any ones i like really.

Handbrake actually work?

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Hows that N64 emulator work? Worth a dl?

And i've looked thru both those sites a million times ha ha I can't find any ones i like really.

Handbrake actually work?

I was looking at the N64 emulator as well but I don't know where to download any games.

Shhh, emulators can't been talked about.

Its cool I own a N64 and any game I would download I have a physical copy of. It is legal to have emulators and roms on your computer as long as you own aphysical copy of the emulator and rom.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Two3 Jumpman

just made the switch also to a mac, just wondering what programs you guys use or recommend to download music, also I was dragging down an application to the dock but i let go off the mouse before I put it there and now its in my desktop how do I get rid of it? doesnt give me option to delete it from there. thanks in advance

drag it to the trash, or simply re-drag it to your dock. Mac's make everything reallllly simple to do.
dragging to trash to delete stuff? no way, is mac the first to come out with this revolutionary technique? damn that's really simple, why doother OS's gotta make it so tough to delete stuff from the desktop??

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

just made the switch also to a mac, just wondering what programs you guys use or recommend to download music, also I was dragging down an application to the dock but i let go off the mouse before I put it there and now its in my desktop how do I get rid of it? doesnt give me option to delete it from there. thanks in advance

drag it to the trash, or simply re-drag it to your dock. Mac's make everything reallllly simple to do.
dragging to trash to delete stuff? no way, is mac the first to come out with this revolutionary technique? damn that's really simple, why do other OS's gotta make it so tough to delete stuff from the desktop??
indifferent.gif

You're trying too hard...

Now...
albundygif.gif

hey does anyone know how to fix this. im using candybar and when i try to change icons like documents, downloads, or apps they wont show if there are files inthe folder. Only if they are blank. does anyone know how to fix this problem? ive been trying to figure it out for the past 2 days, and im really startin topiss me off. thanks

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

dragging to trash to delete stuff? no way, is mac the first to come out with this revolutionary technique? damn that's really simple, why do other OS's gotta make it so tough to delete stuff from the desktop??
indifferent.gif

You're trying too hard...

Now...
albundygif.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dwizard23

Originally Posted by slaterSB

MacBook Pro and iPhone 3G

1058o78.jpg

28grubd.png

Questions:
1) That PS3 icon - I assume your streaming your movies to your PS3? What program is that?
2) What is that "HD" icon... apple tv?
3) You keepin' files on your timecapsule seperate from your MB's HD?

How do you guys make those bin icons on your stacks overlay the icons inside the folder? Much appreciation for any help

How do you guys make those bin icons on your stacks overlay the icons inside the folder? Much appreciation for any help

They're called drawers. Usually .app, but aren't applications. Search Deviantart/google "drawers stacks." Then just drag them into any stackyou want.

Originally Posted by KneeNoh

They're called drawers. Usually .app, but aren't applications. Search Deviantart/google "drawers stacks." Then just drag them into any stack you want.

I dl'd the drawers but for some reason i don't see any items behind the drawers. it's just the drawer itself on the dock.
ohwell.gif

What's the best torrent for macs in you guys opinion? I'm leading towards xtorrent but is the free version wirth the download? I'm not reallylooking to pay for one

Back
Top Bottom