The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

New Desktop
2jaagdw.png

my imac was on tiger and crashed, sat in a box and tried my friends 10.6 snow leopard $29 upgrade cd after i reformatted. it worked! so much for that familybox thing.
desktop:

Does anyones macbook get extremely loud and hot, randomly. Even when you close it is still loud until you open it again?

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Does anyones macbook get extremely loud and hot, randomly. Even when you close it is still loud until you open it again?

Yes, mine does that, I bought a fan that it sits on my desk now.

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Is it necessary to have an Antispyware and Antivirus for Mac and periodically run them?
If you get it through your college, go for it, I have symantec antivirus on my MBP and I run it periodically.

Originally Posted by RetroXIII

my imac was on tiger and crashed, sat in a box and tried my friends 10.6 snow leopard $29 upgrade cd after i reformatted. it worked! so much for that family box thing.
desktop:

Info on wallpaper?

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Is it necessary to have an Antispyware and Antivirus for Mac and periodically run them?
If you get it through your college, go for it, I have symantec antivirus on my MBP and I run it periodically.
Has it ever caught anything?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Hows that N64 emulator work? Worth a dl?

And i've looked thru both those sites a million times ha ha I can't find any ones i like really.

Handbrake actually work?
I was looking at the N64 emulator as well but I don't know where to download any games.

I use Sixtyforce. Can't save though unless you buy the full version but other than that its cool. PM me for teh gamez
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Originally Posted by KneeNoh

How do you guys make those bin icons on your stacks overlay the icons inside the folder? Much appreciation for any help

They're called drawers. Usually .app, but aren't applications. Search Deviantart/google "drawers stacks." Then just drag them into any stack you want.

I dl'd the drawers but for some reason i don't see any items behind the drawers. it's just the drawer itself on the dock.
ohwell.gif
anyone else that could help?
ohwell.gif

Just change the file extension to ".app" and it should work.

Yeah mine does that also. More info of this fan? Thanks.

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

qucik question: Anyone know how to trasfer all the songs from iphone to my new mac w/o putting on a flash drive/dvd's????? What are the good programs that do this and how easy is it, any input will help.
senuti , ask the doc for a prescription

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

For school i got this Hawks Learning System CD and I cant open it....what program do i need!?

nerd.gif

I don't think its compatible with Mac OSX. You might want to check out Crossover though, worth every penny.

nerd.gif

Has it ever caught anything?
nerd.gif

I do not believe so. I just run LiveUpdate every couple of days and it updates it. No problems seeing it do its thing.

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Yeah mine does that also. More info of this fan? Thanks.

I got a Swiss Gear fan from Wal-Mart for $35.

Looks like this.

r8fk0w.jpg

35almyr.jpg

omg slipcover is so tight and sucha headache at the same time.
after i set a cover how do i make slipcover blank again so i can put in another picture?

Why the hell doesn't my Safari work well with NT? No emoticons, quoting people, using 'Forum Jump', etc....any help would be amazing. Thanks all.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

^I was using Firefox but I think the new Safari is faster...who knows

Oh ok, I've heard of Safari having problems with NT, I'm not sure what you can do about it in Safari though.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Why the hell doesn't my Safari work well with NT? No emoticons, quoting people, using 'Forum Jump', etc....any help would be amazing. Thanks all.

This worked for me.

co-sign....and my firefox just never loads anymore....everytime it freezes and "does not respond".....

Back
Top Bottom