The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

I recently got a 13' mbp and new to the mac world. Still tryin to get use to the transition from pc to mac...and ive been havin some problem surfing NT. -My options like emotion cons, bold, color of text, etc are gone when i try to post - Certain icons dont work like 'forum jump' on certain pages Anyoneknow how to fix the problem? Thx in advance.

i had a quick question for yall and i hope someone can help me out with this...

i updated to snow leopard last night and firefox is now distorting Arabic words so it becomes difficult for me to read like this:

this is the best screen shot i can get but it gets a lot worse to the point where its unreadable. i have the newest version of firefox and it worked perfectlybefore the update.

now i would use Safari but it displays Arabic in a font type i don't like:

so i guess my question is does anyone know how i can either fix firefox to work properly or change the font on Safari to look like the one thats on Firefox?

Any word on the release of the Blackberry "Desktop" Manager for our Macs? I heard September, just wondering if it was still coming this month. Thanxguys

Okay....this has been on my mind for a while so i guess I'll just post it in here since this is the official Mac Thread.

Anyone on here have Apple TV? I am super interested in getting one due to the fact that I like ripping DVDs to mpeg4s to put on my Itunes and I am about to geta new LCDTV this weekend. I've talked to a few people about it and all of them say not to get it cause it is a waste of money. Since money isn't atotal issue for this and I really like the interface and the fact that it all runs wireless, are there any other issues or pros or cons that I should beworried about? Thanks.

sup, just got a mac today, im swtiching from pc to mac and im wondering whats the best programs to get my music off my ipod and onto my mac

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

sup, just got a mac today, im swtiching from pc to mac and im wondering whats the best programs to get my music off my ipod and onto my mac
senuti- less than 1000 songs is for the trial. It is less than $20 for the rest though.

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

I recently got a 13' mbp and new to the mac world. Still tryin to get use to the transition from pc to mac...and ive been havin some problem surfing NT.

- My options like emotion cons, bold, color of text, etc are gone when i try to post
- Certain icons dont work like 'forum jump' on certain pages

Anyone know how to fix the problem? Thx in advance.

you need to go to your yuku preferences and change to bbcode

Originally Posted by NationalTruckerDave

Originally Posted by silentxnight

Here we go...worked on this for the past 2 days. (just got a mac, loving it so far)
Lol, that's hot.. Can you post the OG pic bro? Thanks in advance.
Here u go...

I found this either in this thread or the post ur desktop thread, forgot which one. Ill save u the trouble of looking through all 200+ pages tho lol.

so this may be a retarted question but I can't get the album covers to show up in the lower left corner how it use to be. I'm not talking about thecoversuta thing either I mean when my itunes is fully open. any help would be appreciated...

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Anyone upgraded their RAM from 2gb to 4? Is it worth upgrading? Any significant difference?
I upgraded mine right when i got a mb. Its only like $60. Personally I didnt notice a difference, but then again i upgraded mine right away so Ididnt really use my mb when it only had 2gb ram.

Originally Posted by quik1987

MoNeyLiCiouS said:
I recently got a 13' mbp and new to the mac world. Still tryin to get use to the transition from pc to mac...and ive been havin some problem surfing NT.

- My options like emotion cons, bold, color of text, etc are gone when i try to post
- Certain icons dont work like 'forum jump' on certain pages

Anyone know how to fix the problem? Thx in advance.

you need to go to your yuku preferences and change to bbcode

thx dude! Its appreciated:pimp:

Originally Posted by srvballer

so this may be a retarted question but I can't get the album covers to show up in the lower left corner how it use to be. I'm not talking about the coversuta thing either I mean when my itunes is fully open. any help would be appreciated...

There should be 4 buttons on the bottom left corner of iTunes. Click on the 4th one.

Originally Posted by eddiee21

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Anyone upgraded their RAM from 2gb to 4? Is it worth upgrading? Any significant difference?
I upgraded mine right when i got a mb. Its only like $60. Personally I didnt notice a difference, but then again i upgraded mine right away so I didnt really use my mb when it only had 2gb ram.

Thanks for the info. I might upgrade since its only 60$.

I just recently got a new macbook pro. Ever since i got it i have had issues with loading pics on NT, my girlfriends macbook doesn't have issues with this.I have tried both safari and firefox, both struggle loading pics, as only a few of them load. any help that can be provided would be great appreciated. thanks.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Originally Posted by jon4rd

How do i change my finder icon??

Download LiteIcon. It's free

tried. in the liteIcon window its changed, but my finder is still the same.
even when i restart my mbp

I downloaded Transmission for my torrents but when I put torrents in it just sits there. Am I doing something wrong? It shows the status and everything but it doesnt go anywhere. I know its not my connection bc it works if I use Frostwire. Any suggestions?
Whenever I put torrents in mine it crashes and I have to force quit it...I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with it.

Originally Posted by PghShoeCollector

I downloaded Transmission for my torrents but when I put torrents in it just sits there. Am I doing something wrong? It shows the status and everything but it doesnt go anywhere. I know its not my connection bc it works if I use Frostwire. Any suggestions?
Whenever I put torrents in mine it crashes and I have to force quit it...I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with it.

Ive noticed that Transmission take a looooong time for it to start its downloads. like a good 5 minutes atleast. The first time i used it, i almost canceledthe download, but luckily it started up right before i was bout to click cancel. So try waiting for 5 minutes or so, if it doesnt start, then i dunno whatswrong. The file i was downloading had like 300 seeders too...

Finally decided to stop being lazy and try out some of the apps that have been talked about in here and this is what I came up with

Picture-1.png

Back
Top Bottom