The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

thegoat121886, thank you sir.  i used that program to find the problem.  there was almost 200GB 
sick.gif
saved in a temp folder of one of my antivirus programs.  weird.

Originally Posted by LilTunechi85

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Yo! I need some more memory for my internal hard drive. It was 150gb, but now it's about 80/85gb because of all my music
smh.gif
Anybody have any advice on where to get some more memory?

A new hard drive or memory?
memory

If you are referring to RAM to speed up your processes then yes, you need memory. Crucial.  If you want more HD space, then you need a larger hard drive.
Yeah, I want more HD space. Where can I get a larger hard drive without breaking my pockets. Looking to add btw 70-200gb of space

Do you have a desktop or a laptop?

you need a 3.5" drive for a desktop, or a 2.5" drive for a laptop (also with this, it cant be taller than 9mm)

Desktop drives are cheaper compared to equally sized laptop drives. Also with the height limitations, 640GB is currently the largest you can go in a laptop. I picked up a WD Scorpio Blue 640GB for $110 on Amazon a few months back and it was definitely worth the upgrade from my stock 60GB.

If not there, try Newegg.com
I have a MBP. Thanks for that info. I think i'm gonna search for the one you recommended. Is it easy to install yourself or should I let a computer tech do it?

i did it myself...it was pretty simple. All you need is a Torx #8 screwdriver and a #0 Phillips screwdriver
use this for a guide. I used a Time Machine backup instead of SuperDuper!, but same idea.
Originally Posted by Driftracer

is applecare the best out warranty, someone told me bestbuy (cheaper too) what is your guy's opinions?

Thegoat: Are you also planning to upgrade the Hard drive to 7200rpm? 8gbs ram? which display?

I'm thinking of getting the 15" i-7 - hi res screen anti-glare - 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm - my only hook up would be someone's student discount CA sales tax is no joke..

i would buy Applecare, but use your student discount. You save about half the price. Just go to the education Apple Store online and order it. Keep in mind you have an entire year from your first date of purchase to get it.
As for the MBP im getting, I'm gonna keep it stock and do the upgrades on my own. It comes with 4GB RAM and a 500GB, 5400RPM HD, but eventually i want to swap out the HD for a faster, higher capacity one. I should be ok with just 4GB of RAM. I also don't need the antiglare screen, so i'm gonna stick with the glossy one. You can avoid the CA tax thing, and save a few more dollars by buying from amazon. THey have it for 5% off retail w/ no tax and faster shipping. Macmall.com has similar ofers.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Yo! I need some more memory for my internal hard drive. It was 150gb, but now it's about 80/85gb because of all my music
smh.gif
Anybody have any advice on where to get some more memory?

A new hard drive or memory?
memory

If you are referring to RAM to speed up your processes then yes, you need memory. Crucial.  If you want more HD space, then you need a larger hard drive.
Yeah, I want more HD space. Where can I get a larger hard drive without breaking my pockets. Looking to add btw 70-200gb of space

Do you have a desktop or a laptop?

you need a 3.5" drive for a desktop, or a 2.5" drive for a laptop (also with this, it cant be taller than 9mm)

Desktop drives are cheaper compared to equally sized laptop drives. Also with the height limitations, 640GB is currently the largest you can go in a laptop. I picked up a WD Scorpio Blue 640GB for $110 on Amazon a few months back and it was definitely worth the upgrade from my stock 60GB.

If not there, try Newegg.com
I have a MBP. Thanks for that info. I think i'm gonna search for the one you recommended. Is it easy to install yourself or should I let a computer tech do it?

i did it myself...it was pretty simple. All you need is a Torx #8 screwdriver and a #0 Phillips screwdriver
use this for a guide. I used a Time Machine backup instead of SuperDuper!, but same idea. 
Cool. You are such a huge help! I gotta problem i've been recently running into when trying to watch youtube videos and videos from wshh, etc. When I try to restart the video after initially pausing it (to allow it to load) I press the play button but it does nothing and the cursor remains as an arrow when it should be the hand/finger. and I violently click the video over and over until it changes and plays the video. It also does that when trying to skip ahead in the video. What could be the problem? It just started happening about a month ago.

My MBP arrived today. Couldn't be happier!

Couple questions...

What is the best way to transfer the info from my iBook to my MBP that I wish to keep? Would be mostly photos, iTunes music, and text edit files.
and...

Is it possible to create password protected folders?

Cool. You are such a huge help! I gotta problem i've been recently running into when trying to watch youtube videos and videos from wshh, etc. When I try to restart the video after initially pausing it (to allow it to load) I press the play button but it does nothing and the cursor remains as an arrow when it should be the hand/finger. and I violently click the video over and over until it changes and plays the video. It also does that when trying to skip ahead in the video. What could be the problem? It just started happening about a month ago.

What browser are you using? I had this issue a while ago running Firefox. I just disabled my ad-blocking software on flash video sites like WSHH and YouTube and i was good.
Originally Posted by abernja

Couple questions...

What is the best way to transfer the info from my iBook to my MBP that I wish to keep? Would be mostly photos, iTunes music, and text edit files.

and...

Is it possible to create password protected folders?

if your iBook is on 10.5 and you have an external HD, use Time Machine. If not, you can use target disk mode and a firewire cable to transfer all you files from computer to computer. There's also a Migration Assistant built into the OS.
Use this to learn how to password protect folders

iBook is 10.3.9 = FAIL
Tried doing that folder password protection and I must be doing something wrong. (If I'm logged into my account, which is always, when I click on the folder it just opens and does not prompt for a password. Did I do something wrong?

What browser are you using? I had this issue a while ago running Firefox. I just disabled my ad-blocking software on flash video sites like WSHH and YouTube and i was good.

Firefox

Man I'm having trouble finding info on 4 Media DVD Ripper Ultimate.

I'm looking for a Software Program that rips DVD's on my Computer and allows me to convert in HD/HQ.

any apps you guys would recommend for my macbook? just any random make crap easier to do or interesting apps i should download etc. all i have right now is CS4, Microsoft Office, and all the basic apps, and insomniax

^ sign up for a different Credit Card or save and sell some kicks here...

Anyone here use apple credit and was approved? is it worth it if you can pay it off in 6 months?

btw, unofficial new iphone pics are up

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

I got denied through the credit with Apple.

Is there anything else I can do, besides saving up? 
eyes.gif

Try Sweetwater.com.  They allow you to make 3 payments on the Macbook. 

when is it smart to buy the new mac book , I mean are there gonna be any more changes on it depend on customer feedback? Anyone know?

Originally Posted by nocomment6

when is it smart to buy the new mac book , I mean are there gonna be any more changes on it depend on customer feedback? Anyone know?

They just updated the Pros... Go ahead and buy one.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

I got denied through the credit with Apple.

Is there anything else I can do, besides saving up? 
eyes.gif

Try Sweetwater.com.  They allow you to make 3 payments on the Macbook. 
have you or anyone used this before?

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

I'm looking for a Software Program that rips DVD's on my Computer and allows me to convert in HD/HQ

Thank me later.

Thanks man, check your Inbox btw.

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

I'm looking for a Software Program that rips DVD's on my Computer and allows me to convert in HD/HQ

Thank me later.

Thanks man, check your Inbox btw.

You helped me out as well homie. Been looking for this for my computer as well
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom