The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

^Why don't you just deal with the rounded edges and sell your iPhone 5. Doens't make sense why you'd want to revert back to an older phone with an older screen, that has the chance of dying on you.

lol, I see your point though. The build quality on the 5/5s is great.

Last edited:
What are some of your must have apps you guy have.  Had a MBP for a couple years already but I've just been using excel, word etc with it.

Someone HALP me choose

Said goodbye to my maxed out 2006 :wow: black MacBook which is still fully functional :pimp:

Picked up a space gray new MacBook

So far I wish I would have gotten the Pro :lol:
Only having one port sounds cool until you try to multitask :smh:
:frown:

Return it and get the pro

Why didn't you get the pro if it's the same price? To me it's a no brainier to get the pro

I added the Pro to my cart and it was gone before I could enter my shipping info :smh:
Went to the store prepared to buy the Pro but they had the space gray in stock surprisingly and I got a little excited :lol:
Plus this matches my 64gb plus :pimp:

Should of got the MacBook Air

But props to upkeeping an 05 Mac that's dope

Keep it because I'm sure when we get old and the re retro phase comes back around it'll be worth something

Bought a MacBook 2015 last Saturday. My first MacBook. I like it but I am not a fan of USB+C. Plus it's so lighter than I thought. I feel like I am going to break it anytime. Decided to exchange it for Pro today. I am one happy man. :nthat:

Do y'all have any good site about docks and icons guide for dummy beginners like me? :lol: I appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Bought a MacBook 2015 last Saturday. My first MacBook. I like it but I am not a fan of USB+C. Plus it's so lighter than I thought. I feel like I am going to break it anytime. Decided to exchange it for Pro today. I am one happy man.
nthat.gif

Do y'all have any good site about docks and icons guide for dummy beginners like me?
laugh.gif
I appreciate it. Thanks.
http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-change-os-x-yosemites-icons-3597494/

try that, i've never done it tho.

For people that have the Macbook, how's the USB+C? Is it as fast as they say it is as far as data transfer goes?

My mistake. I spelled the word wrong. It's called USB-C. It is definitely fast. It's the connector of future. It's a more flexible port. It is designed to work faster and better on smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops.

I don't mean when I said I am not a big fan of USB-C. It's just I don't like the idea of having only single port on my laptop. :smh: I am not a kind of guy who carries adapters. :lol: Maybe two or three ports should be good enough for me to keep it. From my experience, MacBook Pro is better when it comes to battery life (only min difference) and power. For MacBook 2015, I like their keyboard and design. I am not used with their ultra thin and light-weighed. I would prefer to have a bit heavier laptop. That's just me.

Last edited:
You guys think I'll see a big difference in processing speeds from 4gb to 16gb? About to upgrade the RAM on my 08 iMac.

You guys think I'll see a big difference in processing speeds from 4gb to 16gb? About to upgrade the RAM on my 08 iMac.
RAM and installing a SSD are the 2 biggest things anyone can do to get better performance out of their computer systems, Mac or Windows.

I recently switched back to a iPhone 6+ (from Android) and I realized that my MBP was technically "outdated" (late 2011 model) to use handoff and other newer features that require BT 4.0 LE. I thought I was going to have to look into a new MBP soon, and decided to see if there was any workaround to get it to workand low and behold there is.
nthat.gif

All I/you have to do is either install a newer (2012+) airport card, or use a BT 4.0 adapter. I was going to buy the airport card for around $60, but decided to grab the BT adapter first to make sure I can get everything working and it is something that I would want to have to do. That and the USB BT adapters are way more cost effective for me just trying this out first.

Here is the link and article on getting it working on older model Macs for anyone else in here that might not have known about this:
https://github.com/dokterdok/Continuity-Activation-Tool/

RAM and installing a SSD are the 2 biggest things anyone can do to get better performance out of their computer systems, Mac or Windows.

I recently switched back to a iPhone 6+ (from Android) and I realized that my MBP was technically "outdated" (late 2011 model) to use handoff and other newer features that require BT 4.0 LE. I thought I was going to have to look into a new MBP soon, and decided to see if there was any workaround to get it to workand low and behold there is. :nthat:

All I/you have to do is either install a newer (2012+) airport card, or use a BT 4.0 adapter. I was going to buy the airport card for around $60, but decided to grab the BT adapter first to make sure I can get everything working and it is something that I would want to have to do. That and the USB BT adapters are way more cost effective for me just trying this out first.

Here is the link and article on getting it working on older model Macs for anyone else in here that might not have known about this:
https://github.com/dokterdok/Continuity-Activation-Tool/

I ran into the same problem and ended up trading my 15" MBP for a MBA. I like the Air but I do miss the speeds of the 15 since it had an i7

My mistake. I spelled the word wrong. It's called USB-C. It is definitely fast. It's the connector of future. It's a more flexible port. It is designed to work faster and better on smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops.

I don't mean when I said I am not a big fan of USB-C. It's just I don't like the idea of having only single port on my laptop. :smh: I am not a kind of guy who carries adapters. :lol: Maybe two or three ports should be good enough for me to keep it. From my experience, MacBook Pro is better when it comes to battery life (only min difference) and power. For MacBook 2015, I like their keyboard and design. I am not used with their ultra thin and light-weighed. I would prefer to have a bit heavier laptop. That's just me.

I feel you, I like the weight of my MBP also. I'm waiting on apple to put in USB-C into their pros and then I'll upgrade my 2011 but until then this thing should do. I can't do a single port either, having multiples is a must.

I ran into the same problem and ended up trading my 15" MBP for a MBA. I like the Air but I do miss the speeds of the 15 since it had an i7
Damn man. I know that was a hard decision to make.

I found someone on CL selling a 2012 15" core i7 with 8GB RAM for $600, but I worry that with the next iOS/OS X upgrade that I would be in this same problem less than a year from now with the upcoming stuff to be released. If this $10 fix with the adapter can hold me off for a bit, then I am all for it. Probably grab 16GB of RAM and throw in it and ride it out until the end. I just got my wife the MBA in May for our anniversary since she was still holding it down with one of the white MacBooks (2009 model I believe)
laugh.gif
. Even if this bought me time until Black Friday or something it would be worth it in that sense for me. Not trying to buy 2 Macs within 60 days of each other
sick.gif

Damn man. I know that was a hard decision to make.

I found someone on CL selling a 2012 15" core i7 with 8GB RAM for $600, but I worry that with the next iOS/OS X upgrade that I would be in this same problem less than a year from now with the upcoming stuff to be released. If this $10 fix with the adapter can hold me off for a bit, then I am all for it. Probably grab 16GB of RAM and throw in it and ride it out until the end. I just got my wife the MBA in May for our anniversary since she was still holding it down with one of the white MacBooks (2009 model I believe) :lol: . Even if this bought me time until Black Friday or something it would be worth it in that sense for me. Not trying to buy 2 Macs within 60 days of each other :x

The future is pretty much why I traded. I had I think a 2012 or late 2011 MBP, something like that. The MBA was a late 2013 or 2014 something like, I would have to check when I get home. But it was much more future proof than my MBP. Also I have a pretty beasty desktop for any heavy lifting nowdays.

I may get a new MBP or MBA when they update the ports and give my current MBA to the wife.

I still don't understand why anyone (unless their job/major requires it) will need 16 gb of ram. Im on 4 and im good. Just need Chrome + itunes, and sometimes powerpoint or word opened up and im good to go. If I need to run a heavy program, then I just shut off chrome.

Like, do yall even use all the memory b? Or yall just want it for show? 
laugh.gif

A 2012 MBP would have no issues with whatever new OS Mac comes out with. I'm still using a Late 2008 15" MBP and running Maverick smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom