The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

just realizing now 13inch touchbar is too small for me for doing work on day to day. luckily i have a 15inch uni model one. Im trying to get my work to replace the 13inch lol

just realizing now 13inch touchbar is too small for me for doing work on day to day. luckily i have a 15inch uni model one. Im trying to get my work to replace the 13inch lol
If I had the option to do it again, I would have gotten the 15". But I can make the 13" work just fine.

I just connect it to my TV when I edit photos.

13in has treated me well for years now but my next laptop purchase will be 15in for sure. Too much media to consume nowadays to have a smaller screen.

If I had the option to do it again, I would have gotten the 15". But I can make the 13" work just fine.

I just connect it to my TV when I edit photos.

i use to carry my 15inch unibody around once or twice a week to work from home and to the point of its just heavy. So my work gave me a 13inch touch bar...it was coo for a minute then realize i need some real state to do actual work other than surf, emails. (app engineer) so i find myself plugging my mac to my tv when i work from home. I dont have this problem at work since i have 2 monitors.

but performance wise, this baby is a beast. Love working on it, keyboard, screen etc i have no problem with it. Took me some time to make sure i bring my damb adapters with me at all time when traveling since it doesnt have any usb port lol.

High Sierra has crippled my early '15 MBA. Everything is slow and laggy. Can't even watch YouTube videos in SD. They pause and chop the whole time :smh:. It feels so much like an infected Windows machine that that I downloaded Malwarebytes for Mac to make sure I didn't somehow have a virus or spyware.

pulled the trigger locally for an early 2016 MacBook. Paid $600. I think I got a decent deal? Space grey 256/8gb. About all I need for a laptop.

Any recommended USB-C hubs? Sucks theres only 1 port, but I doubt it will hinder me much.

pulled the trigger locally for an early 2016 MacBook. Paid $600. I think I got a decent deal? Space grey 256/8gb. About all I need for a laptop.

Any recommended USB-C hubs? Sucks theres only 1 port, but I doubt it will hinder me much.

When I was looking at a new Macbook pro I did a lot of looking to the hubs and it looked like the hyperdrive was the best one and worth the price

When I was looking at a new Macbook pro I did a lot of looking to the hubs and it looked like the hyperdrive was the best one and worth the price

Thanks! I will look into them.

Very happy with the purchase so far. I have a mac mini, but its been a while since I have had a MacBook of any kind. Love the portability. My previous was a 15" Pro. But I have dialed down my needs. Most demanding thing I do now is some minimal vector design work.

Yeap. I try not to charge my mac when im working at home but it eventually kills my battery from 100% to the 25 within 2 hours of work. Spotify. Email. Video conference and usual work load.

Thats exactly what I'm noticing also. I normally have to charge it at work and home sometimes.

Looks like my late 2011 mbp is finally starting to die. Battery isn't charging anymore

Mine quit this year. Battery wouldn't stay charged and the graphics card went out again. I copped the touch bar and I haven't looked back. I didn't think it was worth the $310 depot repair again.

Mine quit this year. Battery wouldn't stay charged and the graphics card went out again. I copped the touch bar and I haven't looked back. I didn't think it was worth the $310 depot repair again.

Mine just randomly started charging again but itll prob eventually stop completely. We’ll see I guess

I’ve been having weird battery stuff with my 2012 mbp lately as well. If it gets too warm, using solidworks and multiple displays etc, it won’t recognize the charger or the mini display port on the side.

Is it worth upgrading to macOS High Sierra? I got a late 2016 spec MBP
It slowed my Early 2015 MacBook Air w/ 8GB RAM, but your Pro might be able to handle it better.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but if you do update, make sure you get the 10.13.1 update afterwards. For some reason when I updated it only gave me 10.13. The .1 update improved my performance a bit.

Last edited:
thinking about getting a macbook maybe you guys can help me out.

just moved out into an apartment and my internet is crazy fast. it feels like i’m doing it a disservice by not having a macbook. i have 4 year old chromebook and it’s just too slow

i won’t be doing any photo editing or any type of work on it for that matter. i’m just gonna use it to surf basically (maybe cop a bot )

what model would be best suited for me? i’m a stickler for the newest tech and would love a touch bar but i dunno if that’s necessary for me.

and what’s the cycle like on these. is there any model that’s due for a refresh that i should hold out for? and what about any possible black friday deals that might be coming up

appreciate the help

thinking about getting a macbook maybe you guys can help me out.

just moved out into an apartment and my internet is crazy fast. it feels like i’m doing it a disservice by not having a macbook. i have 4 year old chromebook and it’s just too slow

i won’t be doing any photo editing or any type of work on it for that matter. i’m just gonna use it to surf basically (maybe cop a bot )

what model would be best suited for me? i’m a stickler for the newest tech and would love a touch bar but i dunno if that’s necessary for me.

and what’s the cycle like on these. is there any model that’s due for a refresh that i should hold out for? and what about any possible black friday deals that might be coming up

appreciate the help
If your just using it surf and what not, you cant go wrong with a macbok air.

If your just using it surf and what not, you cant go wrong with a macbok air.

yea id like to stay under 1500.

how is the speed on the macbook air? the only thing that bothers me is the display is dated compared to the others.

what is expandable on a mac? i know people update hardware on their own but cant remember whether its storage or memory

how is the speed on the macbook air? the only thing that bothers me is the display is dated compared to the others.

what is expandable on a mac? i know people update hardware on their own but cant remember whether its storage or memory

Just buy a macbook during a black friday sale. I wouldnt buy an air at this point in the game, the screen is terrible.

As far as I know nothing is upgradable now. Honestly you should look into getting the 2012 model, if you're just going to surf.

Back
Top Bottom