The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Not sure if anyone has experienced this before.

Im currently running High Sierra, but im unable to sign into iMessage/facetime

Ive done PRAM and SMC resets as well as reinstalled the OS but im still unable to sign in. I made a separate user account and was able to sign into iMessage on the separate user, any advice on what it can be?

Not sure if anyone has experienced this before.

Im currently running High Sierra, but im unable to sign into iMessage/facetime

Ive done PRAM and SMC resets as well as reinstalled the OS but im still unable to sign in. I made a separate user account and was able to sign into iMessage on the separate user, any advice on what it can be?
Odd. You reinstalled the OS and still couldn't log into iMessage? So when you created a separate account using the same Apple ID, you were able to log in?

Yeah which I thought was strange, might just wipe the whole computer clean today and restart fresh
Yeah, that would be my next step. If you're able to login creating a new user account. There could be something within your main account that is not reading correctly.

I would put that on your account and not the Mac. I’d call up iCloud support or something to see if there’s something up with linking the accounts.

Pulled the trigger on the ipad pro from the target sale and ordered the logitech slim keyboard case..finally time to retire my macbook from 2012. Any app recommendations?

Crazy how much people are paying for the iMac Pro accessories.

Yeah, I loved the colorway, but dropping $1000 for the keyboard, mouse, and trackpad? Yeah, that's a little too much.

Wouldn't be surprised if Apple released them as stand alone products later this year.

Crazy how much people are paying for the iMac Pro accessories.

Yeah, I loved the colorway, but dropping $1000 for the keyboard, mouse, and trackpad? Yeah, that's a little too much.

Wouldn't be surprised if Apple released them as stand alone products later this year.

May as well go to colorware and save yourself some money. Apple fans :smh:

Almost came up on a iMac 5k on CL, for the low since it needed a new HD. But someone else hopped on it before me.

Almost came up on a iMac 5k on CL, for the low since it needed a new HD. But someone else hopped on it before me.
I saw their PS4 Pro Retro colorway. Dope, but not for $899 lol

I saw their PS4 Pro Retro colorway. Dope, but not for $899 lol

Yea some of their prices OD. but for some of the mac stuff, for people that want space grey, they better off going color ware for sure. Like the magic trackpad 2 only 70 more that retail. Not too bad.

Anyone in here use the magic tacked for desktop? Like it? Thinking about using it in conjunction with the mouse. My logitech mouse does have some functions though

The motherboard on my 2014 went out and the apple store quoted me at 400$ to fix it. My apple care expired in May too smh.

How much are those gong for? Say the 2014 model maxed processor, ram, and 256SSD.

How much are those gong for? Say the 2014 model maxed processor, ram, and 256SSD.

Not sure really. I was just browsing CL, and a guy took his apart to remove his HD. He wanted 800, but I am sure whoever came and bought it got it for cheaper. It was a late 2015 5k 27 which I think was a great price.

I didnt really need it though so not trippin. I think a 2014 with max ram and SSD for a 27-in 5k is still above $1k.

Not sure really. I was just browsing CL, and a guy took his apart to remove his HD. He wanted 800, but I am sure whoever came and bought it got it for cheaper. It was a late 2015 5k 27 which I think was a great price.

I didnt really need it though so not trippin. I think a 2014 with max ram and SSD for a 27-in 5k is still above $1k.

Reason I ask is because my employer moved to LA so I took the severance package and have been working on a 2014 27” iMac maxed with a 256ssd. They offered a buyout for only $300. So I’m buying it along with a $45 27” Apple Thunderbolt Display. I can use the Thunderbolt Display on our laptops but the iMac pricing was too good to pass up.

Reason I ask is because my employer moved to LA so I took the severance package and have been working on a 2014 27” iMac maxed with a 256ssd. They offered a buyout for only $300. So I’m buying it along with a $45 27” Apple Thunderbolt Display. I can use the Thunderbolt Display on our laptops but the iMac pricing was too good to pass up.
That's a hell of deal.

Thats a great deal. Especially for the monitor. Bay Area? Only offering it to employees? lol

Reactions: ARK
Yeah thing is I have a late 2013 15” MacBook Pro as my personal laptop and that is maxed as well with a 1tb ssd. Wife has a 13” Pro that’s probably a 2012 and I have a 2015 12” MacBook that I was planning to move her over to. Plus I’m buying the 27” Thunderbolt Display so really I don’t even need the iMac. I just can’t pass up that deal though. Hehe

Yeah thing is I have a late 2013 15” MacBook Pro as my personal laptop and that is maxed as well with a 1tb ssd. Wife has a 13” Pro that’s probably a 2012 and I have a 2015 12” MacBook that I was planning to move her over to. Plus I’m buying the 27” Thunderbolt Display so really I don’t even need the iMac. I just can’t pass up that deal though. Hehe

:nerd: holla at a brethren. But yea I hear you. The 12" MB is probably way better than a 2012, the ssd speed alone cannot be matched by the MBP 2012. How about selling the laptops and giving her the iMac? Unless she needs the portability. I imagine you can still sell the 2012 and make decent money off the MB. Will require some effort, but may be worth it.

Yeah we’re both laptop users though I never take my 15” Pro on the road. I do enjoy hooking it up to a display which has been nice for graphic design.

My thought was to sell the 13” Air, 13” Pro, and the iMac and buy the next Space Grey 15” Pro and a 4K monitor that would work with her 12” MacBook.

The logic board on my 2013 Air went out. Everywhere I've been is quoting me 475+ to fix it. That's almost as much as I've paid for it so I'm not doing.

Anyone hear of getting it done for ~$300 or rather how much I could sell it for?

The logic board on my 2013 Air went out. Everywhere I've been is quoting me 475+ to fix it. That's almost as much as I've paid for it so I'm not doing.

Anyone hear of getting it done for ~$300 or rather how much I could sell it for?

you think you can fix it yourself and just buying the parts.

My OG 2008 MacBook aluminium still going strong. (knock wood)

i've replace the ram, gonna replace the battery and and charge.

Last edited:

No, don't think I've seen anyplace getting it fixed for that price. May be able to sell for parts for a couple of hundred. But don't quote me on that.

Back
Top Bottom