The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Probably going to upgrade from my white macbook to a pro pretty soon. I'm not trying to mess with that pre-installed lion though.

I should be good to go for a downgrade with just a retail copy of snow leopard, yeah?

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

JayInfamous22 wrote:

Alrite NT fam i got a few questions. I know NT's Geek Squad can provide me with some answers.

1: Best place to buy a Macbook Pro? This will be my 1st Mac.
2: with Black friday AND cyber monday a week away. Should i cop then?

Thanks in advance NT. hopefully someone can help me out. Just trying to save alil bucks if i can
1. Apple store might throw in something free like a printer with it whereas a chain like Best Buy could offer financing if you didn't want to pay it in full right then and there
2. Apple products (especially Macs) rarely ever drop in price unless it's around the time for the newest model to drop. But Black Friday ro cyber monday sales again could offer up some free peripherals but the Mac itself price probably won't dip at all

only a $101 discount on MBPs for blackfriday
apple doesn't need to play into the gimmick of blackfriday, so don't expect and significant discounts

Just copped an MBP after what seems like the longest 4 months ever for $1050 @ BB

Originally Posted by Wilroc

Probably going to upgrade from my white macbook to a pro pretty soon. I'm not trying to mess with that pre-installed lion though.

I should be good to go for a downgrade with just a retail copy of snow leopard, yeah?

If you're getting a new machine then no.  All new systems that come with lion pre installed can not be downgraded to snow leopard.  Lion isn't that bad. Ive got two machines one running Lion the other SL.  I don't think either one is better than the other.  

Originally Posted by AusZero

If you're getting a new machine then no.  All new systems that come with lion pre installed can not be downgraded to snow leopard.  Lion isn't that bad. Ive got two machines one running Lion the other SL.  I don't think either one is better than the other.  
Agh, just ordered a 15" MBP earlier today. Guess I'll just have to roll with Lion. Really was shying away from it because a lot of people have been saying their battery life went down after upgrading.

Also opted to go with the Hi-Res display. Does it make a difference for those who have experience with it?

Agh, just ordered a 15" MBP earlier today. Guess I'll just have to roll with Lion. Really was shying away from it because a lot of people have been saying their battery life went down after upgrading.

Also opted to go with the Hi-Res display. Does it make a difference for those who have experience with it?
I can confirm this

replaced my MBP display cause there was backlight bleeding. applecare took care of it

then when i got it back the hinge was cracked/broken. they said they had to replace the entire display as well as the hinge

then when i got it back again the layer of glass started to fall off...#$@@ man...this is getting annoying, i have to send it in AGAIN for the 3rd time in like a month

i like how applecare doesnt charge me anything extra...but damn man, i have papers and exams to deal with right now
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by JayInfamous22

Alrite NT fam i got a few questions. I know NT's Geek Squad can provide me with some answers.

1: Best place to buy a Macbook Pro? This will be my 1st Mac.
2: with Black friday AND cyber monday a week away. Should i cop then?

Thanks in advance NT. hopefully someone can help me out. Just trying to save alil bucks if i can
1. Apple store might throw in something free like a printer with it whereas a chain like Best Buy could offer financing if you didn't want to pay it in full right then and there
2. Apple products (especially Macs) rarely ever drop in price unless it's around the time for the newest model to drop. But Black Friday ro cyber monday sales again could offer up some free peripherals but the Mac itself price probably won't dip at all

depending what size you're looking for, Microcenter is selling their 13" i5 mbp for $999 brand new.  That's where I bought mine from.

Difference how? I have a 15" with Hi-Res.  I like it a little more real estate and the images are a little sharper.  Text can be small at times.

So ticked off right now.
I got my iMac g7 came out in 2007 I had a problem that it would get stuck on th start up with the apple loading logo got it fixed new HD cost me 300 to fix a month later same issue . Turn it on >ding sound > then gets stuck again =(
Now I think this iMac might be through . I just always thought Mac had good hard drives that never fail

Man, Apple wants $50 for a Thunderbolt cable???
30t6p3b.gif
Ima just cop a firewire cable and wait til the price
drops. My HD might not be compatible anyway.

Any of you guys buy iTunes Match? What a waste of money! this thing has taken a week to "match" my library and only random misc. songs will play on my phone. Not exactly what I expected

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Is it possible to rename the computer after the initial set up?

System preferences > Sharing > Computer name field at the top.

Good looks

After having my machine for a day...

screenshot20111127at148.png
link to background?

Also what app is your album art title on the bottom left corner?

^Ehh, I don't think its that serious.
I just need to connect a firewire external HD
that holds music, photos, and maybe movies.

Back
Top Bottom