The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

A lot cheaper than the model with the touchbar lol.

At the time, I was highly considering the 2015 model with the maxed specs...Which equaled to the same amount to the 13-inch 2016 model. Went with the new model because I liked the Space Gray color lol

If you can find a 2014/2015 with max specs for a good deal, I'd recommend it. I don't think you'd need to purchase a brand new machine unless you really need to. Try to find some deals to save you some money.
Yea I'm definitely on the hunt. Just wish my 2009 was all i need

I have to keep and open eye for some deals on a VPN. I, too, would prefer to pay a one-time price, rather than a monthly fee.

Nice. I have the free version just sucks I have 10 gig limit per month. I like it though and should of bought the lifetime one you got. Sounds like a good deal
Should still be available. I'll hunt around. I remember it was an Engadget deal so it may be on their site. It's been solid so far for $49.

I just wanted to get an idea of VPNs from other users. Since I believe they are all not made equal?

Not a bad deal. I may look into it myself. For video you may want something a little stronger, though if you use final cut you might be solid. Wish there was a deal for a 16gb dam version.

Not a bad deal. I may look into it myself. For video you may want something a little stronger, though if you use final cut you might be solid. Wish there was a deal for a 16gb dam version.
Yea i been looking but thats like 300 more dollars. I was either going to use final cut or adobe premiere pro.

Just bought the new Space Grey MBP. Everything maxed out except it's only 1 tb of ssd instead of 2. Hoping it'll last me a while.

Touchbar isn't as pointless as I thought. The fingerprint sensor to login is kind of smooth.

Is Satechi the best portable USB-C Hub on the market?

I'm already ready to see the new offerings for Pros lol.

Hopefully by next summer we'll have a better option with more favorable pricing, probably will be looking to buy then.

NTers,
I need some opinions as I'm not the best with bargains and deals.

Well Best Buy has a sale today with the 2016 Gold MacBook models. There's one for 999.99 (Intel M3, 256GB) and 1099.99 the slightly higher spec (Intel M5, 512GB). With the student discount both comes to $875 and $975 flat. I do know the MacBook isn't as powerful as the PRO. But all I do is web browsing, emails, YouTube, movies, etc. very basic stuff.

Is $875 and $975 a good deal? I'm not getting taxed and it's free shipping/pick up. My assumption is any brand new MacBook under 1k is a steal. Just seeing if you guys think this is a steal price and if I should pull the trigger? My preference is to not spend much but still obtain a new Mac as I don't prefer used stuff.

Anyone here have 2 working macs at the same time?

I currently have a 3 year old Air. Looking to cop a pro, worth the jump?

^i think that's pretty good all things considered. I'd def go for the 512 m5

Thanks for the response, I'm definitely going for the 512GB Intel M5 version. I just wasnt sure if this is a normal typical deal or not, however I figured any new macbook under 1k should be a bargain though, and although this 2016 is now the older version it did retail for $1600, so $975 just sits well for me.

Anyone here have 2 working macs at the same time?

I currently have a 3 year old Air. Looking to cop a pro, worth the jump?
Only worth the jump if you need to upgrade. That 3-YO Air should still be able to handle all latest updates.

But again, if your workload needs more power, then consider a MBP.
NTers,
I need some opinions as I'm not the best with bargains and deals.

Well Best Buy has a sale today with the 2016 Gold MacBook models. There's one for 999.99 (Intel M3, 256GB) and 1099.99 the slightly higher spec (Intel M5, 512GB). With the student discount both comes to $875 and $975 flat. I do know the MacBook isn't as powerful as the PRO. But all I do is web browsing, emails, YouTube, movies, etc. very basic stuff.

Is $875 and $975 a good deal? I'm not getting taxed and it's free shipping/pick up. My assumption is any brand new MacBook under 1k is a steal. Just seeing if you guys think this is a steal price and if I should pull the trigger? My preference is to not spend much but still obtain a new Mac as I don't prefer used stuff.

Try looking into a 2015 MBP. You may find a good deal for under $1k.

Yeah I'd get a slightly older MBP i5/i7 over a new MacBook. I've heard Apple reps describe them as essentially the same power as an iPad pro.

Actually saw some 2017 13" pros hover around the 1k mark.

Yeah, the 2015 MBP is still a solid machine. If you're trying to save money, have good processing power and USB ports (a deal-breaker for some users) the 2015 will be a good fit.

I was considering a 2015 before I purchased my 13" non-touch MBP.

I just bought a late 2009 unibody MacBook, it runs pretty well and has Sierra, can you guys give me any tips or something ? This is my first Mac

Finally picked up a case for my MBP, also went ahead and copped the hyperdrive usb-c hub. Only bad thing is I have to remove the bottom shell of the case in order for the hub to connect all the way in the usb-c ports.

36371574670_dd0d21c4a9.jpg

I just bought a late 2009 unibody MacBook, it runs pretty well and has Sierra, can you guys give me any tips or something ? This is my first Mac
Welcome.

Check out macrumors.com they have tons of tips that can help you get comfortable using your MBP.

Also, Apple has some good guides as well.

Finally picked up a case for my MBP, also went ahead and copped the hyperdrive usb-c hub. Only bad thing is I have to remove the bottom shell of the case in order for the hub to connect all the way in the usb-c ports.

36371574670_dd0d21c4a9.jpg

I think i got the smartshell too. I got the clear one. Mine doesnt really fit perfectly though. The bottom part kinda moves a little bit.

Def not as sexy now

Back
Top Bottom