The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

it seems like all these usb hubs will charge your phone and stuff slowly? This is what im getting from reviews. I charge stuff through my macbook frequently so if I pay good money for a hub I need it to be legit

charging a phone through a laptop isn't going to be as efficient as charging from a wall outlet

Have the fully spec'ed out MBP w/ touch bar and son I am dissapoint.

I HATE THIS KEYBOARD

Last edited:
Have the fully spec'ed out MBP w/ touch bar and son I am dissapoint.

I HATE THIS KEYBOARD

What's wrong with it? You didn't try it out at the store before buying???

Touchbar gets 0 use.

Every 5 seconds dirt gets under some keys and render's that key useless until I magically lift up the damn key and give it a blowjob (pun intended)

The obvious usb-c problem that I thought I could over look....

1 week in and apparently something was in between my keyboard and screen while it closed on me after falling asleep. Woke up to a shattered screen. $450 out of pocket for that one

These are things you can't foresee by using the display model at an Apple Store.

Touchbar gets 0 use.

Every 5 seconds dirt gets under some keys and render's that key useless until I magically lift up the damn key and give it a blowjob (pun intended)

1 week in and apparently something was in between my keyboard and screen while it closed on me after falling asleep. Woke up to a shattered screen. $450 out of pocket for that one

These are things you can't foresee by using the display model at an Apple Store.

Dam thats wild. Not sure how I feel about the new Keyboard tbh. My wife has the MacBook, and I just haven't gotten used to typing on it.

The keyboard was def weird at first but it didnt take ling to get used to. I think i like it better now. I just dont like the small up/down arrows.

Kinda glad i didnt pay extra for the touchbar.

The keyboard def feels super flat, but I don't really notice when I'm in class. At home I use this beast

Edit: also use this clear case on my 15 inch. No complaints, I forget its even there
Amazon product ASIN B01MSNEHNK

Last edited:
I think they really fumbled not making the ESC key a physical key. after having the space gray touch bar for a year, i love everything about it except for that damn ESC key. the touchbar is super clutch when you use it in conjunction with word to bold sentences and overall change font and format...

also i put stickers on mine. to each his own.

You can't foresee carelessness at the Apple Store that's for sure

You sound like a trick made fanboy.

My early 2015 MBA 11" was designed and executed better then this MBP. The only reason I'm still rocking with it is because it's fully spec'ed out which obviously means it performs better. My Air is a tank though.

*While writing this comment my spacebar got completely stuck and my screen went black and after finally turning back on the toucher is completely dead and unresponsive. No BS

You sound like a trick made fanboy.

My early 2015 MBA 11" was designed and executed better then this MBP. The only reason I'm still rocking with it is because it's fully spec'ed out which obviously means it performs better. My Air is a tank though.

*While writing this comment my spacebar got completely stuck and my screen went black and after finally turning back on the toucher is completely dead and unresponsive. No BS

no troll but have u ever drank or ate around your computer? one time i spilled juice on a key and it was stuck until i cleaned it out. but i feel like it has more to do with how the keyboard was designed on this laptop. i love the mechanical feel but stuff does get stuck on mine too. one time the perfect sized leaf got into my caps lock... bruh i spent 30 minutes trying to get it out with a razor blade

i like the key board, surprisingly noisy/loud though.. and the touchbar, really i tought it has potential to be useful, but when i work i usually just look at the monitor at all time, rarely looking down on my keyboard. and with the touchbar u have to look down so its unnatural for me imo

Just buy the keyboard protector for your MacBook and you should be good. I can eat drink around my Mac and have no worries. As for a case I got the clear one on Amazon for 20 for my 15in 2015. It's pretty good but I don't like the frost look. Might buy it back to get the clear joint.

Touchbar gets 0 use.

Thanks for the info. Yea you're def right about that last statement.

my 2012 macbook pro 13 in is still running strong except the battery is pretty much dead.. but i have it plugged in at all times and use it as a desktop lol.

also upgraded it to a 500gb ssd with 8Gb ram. never had an issue with it hardware wise. until this baby breaks, i just cant see myself buying a new computer.

Last edited:
Damn didn't realize BB had a 15-day return policy. I was gonna return the Apple USB adapter to get the Hyperdrive USB-C hub. Hopefully they don't trip about me being so late with the exchange. :smh:

Last edited:
What happened to the first 3?

Still got them..2007 black MacBook/2008 white MacBook/ 2011 macbook pro..They all still work lol but OS is so outdated..I was do for a new mac..copped a thinkpad for school last year..but I use my ipad more than anything..happy I didn't get last year's MBP..cuz the latest model is crazy dope..ended up getting the 128gb

Last edited:
So my Das keyboard came in today and my Klipsch speakers(R15PM). Might I said this was one pf the best purchases I have ever made for my mac. The keyboard is beautiful and the speakers along with the MX Master perfect my mini set up. For now, I have everything tight to fit on the desk but once I move in August I will be upgrading from this curved 27 to Dell U3417w. I will put the speakers on stands probably next week to give more room on my desk.

Damn didn't realize BB had a 15-day return policy. I was gonna return the Apple USB adapter to get the Hyperdrive USB-C hub. Hopefully they don't trip about me being so late with the exchange. :smh:

If I'm not mistaken, the return policy depends on your BB Rewards member status. Last time I checked it was 15, 30, 45 days

If I'm not mistaken, the return policy depends on your BB Rewards member status. Last time I checked it was 15, 30, 45 days
damn I don't know my status, I don't even think I'm a rewards member :rofl:

Oh well, gonna try to go right when they open today

Ha yeaa. It depends on how much money you spend in a year. I lucked out a year or two ago and became an elite plus member because of a MacBook purchase. For the highest which is elite plus you have to spend 3500. The 45 day return policy was love.

Ha yeaa. It depends on how much money you spend in a year. I lucked out a year or two ago and became an elite plus member because of a MacBook purchase. For the highest which is elite plus you have to spend 3500. The 45 day return policy was love.
went to the original BB I made the purchase from, plus 2 others and none let me do the return :smh:

they tried to do everything possible, but the system on their computer wouldn't let them due to the fact the 15-day return period was up

You know how they're replacing certain MacBook Pros that need new batteries with new MBPs cause they don't have the parts.

I have a Mid 2012 Macbook Pro but it's non-Retina. Am I out of luck with getting a replacement? It's just the retina models they're doing that for?

Back
Top Bottom