The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

[h2]Apple tablet pic 'leaked': this is the real one, we can feel it[/h2]
by Paul Miller posted Aug 15th 2009 at 12:33PM

Throw away everything you thought you knew about the truth. This is the one. We can't wait to stuff one awkwardly into the fake keyboardtray of our fake MacBook Micro and live life just howApple rumor sites have always wanted us to live it. Granted, Nowhere Else has gotten some prettygreat scoops in the past, so we won't rule anything out just now. The pic above lines up pretty well with all the rumors we've heard so far -- whichsort of helps and sort of hinders its veracity in our eyes. Nowhere Else isn't calling it either way, if that helps you in your soul search forthe truth. Another pic is after the break.

Update: Eagle-eyed tipster Terry points out that the "Welcome" graphic is an easy spot on Google Image Search, with that exactconfiguration and timing of converging letters from Leopard's intro video showing up in the very first result. Try it for yourself! Not a good sign, folks.
tablet-nowhereelse.jpg

[h2]Apple iPAD outed in Borders bookstoresurvey?[/h2]
by Laura June posted Aug 14th 2009 at 11:41PM

Now, we don't really know what to think about this one, considering how many rumors are swirling about upcoming Apple devices atthe moment, but make of it what you will. An online survey currently being conducted by Borders bookstore lists the "Apple iPAD (large screen reading device)" in one of its questions about e-readers. There along with the Amazon Kindle,the Kindle DX, the Sony Reader and the Plastic Logic Reader is the option to check "I plan to buy an Apple IPAD this year." It's safe to say thatthere are two options here: either Borders has access to some privileged Apple tablet / Kindle killerinfo that we, the wondering masses, do not (and yet is still making blunders like "Blackberry" and "Apple iTouch") -- or they're justassuming that there must be some truth to all the fuss. And hey, who could blame them? Like we said, we're not going to put too much stock in it, but goahead and hit the read link to take the survey for yourself -- but be forewarned: you're going to have to dish on your opinion of Dan Brown before you getto the good stuff.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by MHT214

Ok. I need help from the experts.

1. Is there any way to PLAY Bluray discs on a Macbook Pro? What are the steps or alternatives?

nerd.gif

absolutely not out of the box, I've never even tried to put a blu ray disc in my MBP. You can buy this and place it in your MBP, but it voids the warranty,and it doesnt work with the unibody MBP.

http://fastmac.com/slim_bluray.php

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Anyone else have problems installing "Final Cut Studio?"

Keeps telling me the source is damaged :-\
Mine too;
Same thing happened to me. I think the issue is with the content discs for Motion and Soundtrack Pro.

Even though I got that error, the applications still installed fully and they work fine.

DatRealBalla12 wrote:

My versions of Coversutra and Candybar are no longer working .. can someone help a brother out ?
nerd.gif

Got you. Check your inbox.

Originally Posted by CollegeKicks

Mine too;
Same thing happened to me. I think the issue is with the content discs for Motion and Soundtrack Pro.

Even though I got that error, the applications still installed fully and they work fine.

DatRealBalla12 wrote:

My versions of Coversutra and Candybar are no longer working .. can someone help a brother out ?
nerd.gif

glad its working..... yall was about to have me on a mission.

thanks for posting that.

If anyone could post that icon of the Nike Mcfly shoes I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Install Failed
The source media you are installing from is damaged. Try installing from a different copy for the source media or contact the manufacturer for a replacement.

this is the message that popping up for me;

is there any drivers for xbox 360 controllers that support all the buttons so i can play gta? (i have the controller drivers but, gta doesnt have support forall the buttons.)

I'm on my phone right now so I can't go to youtube for the gta dl..

How does it work..is it a rom or wat?

[h3]
[/h3][h3]Photos of Snow Leopard Disc and Retail Packaging?[/h3]
Saturday August 15, 2009 09:25 PM EST
Written by Eric Slivka
MacRumors has received a set of images claimed to be the retail packaging and disc for Apple's forthcoming Mac OSX Snow Leopard. If the images, which appear to depict the Portuguese version of Snow Leopard, are in fact authentic, it would mean that Snow Leopard discs arealready in mass production.

"The world's most advanced operating system. Perfectly optimized."​

Multiple sources claimed earlier this week that Build10A432 had been designated "Golden Master", meaning that it was considered the final version to be sent to manufacturing for public release.Several sources have also claimedthat Apple may be releasing Snow Leopard as early as Friday, August 28th, ahead of Apple's previously-announced September launch window.

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Mine too;

DatRealBalla12 wrote:

nerd.gif
glad its working..... yall was about to have me on a mission.

thanks for posting that.

For Final Cut Studio, ya'll get everything too work? I tried installing them one-by-one but it just seems not too work either.. Only Final CutPro Works; I need Motion and DVD Studio too work.

My aunt is currently visiting the US and yesterday I ordered a cto MBP to her visiting address.
She leaves the country around 3 p.m. on Friday and I want to know what my chances are that she receives my MBP in time. She resides in Virginia and my orderstatus say's that my MBP is going to ship in the next 1-3 business days and delivered within 2-3 business days. I reckon that if Apple ships my MBP in 1-2days I'm good. But usually how fast does Apple's warehouse ship cto MBP's?

Btw i ordered the 13 inch 2,26 ghz with 4 GB memory and 320 GB harddrive.

Cragmatic wrote:

Mine too;

DatRealBalla12 wrote:

nerd.gif

Ahhhh

I deleted all the files and am redownloading them... but they werent working at all the first time

I'll update you in a bit and let ya know if it works

Just in case it hasn't been posted, Bing.com is offering 12% of MBP's on Ebay (if you use Buy It Now). I just pulled the trigger on a used 15".

4u6s08.jpg

New set up. Kinda upset that Apple changed from mini-DVI to DisplayPort, forcing me to put my old cable from my old MacBook to waste and spend another $30 fora new cable. Oh well. 15" and 22" never looked so dope.

2 questions:

1. Anyone know of any sites where I can get a REALLY good deal on Photoshop (CS) and/or Aperture? Yes, I am looking at Ebay and Amazon.

2. Good site for laptop bags (must fit 15"), preferably leather (if possible the sling type)? In addition to the laptop, I need it to at least fit aportfolio. Yes, I am looking at Ebay and Amazon.
laugh.gif

Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by slaterSB

here what im working with both macbook and iphone.

28012j4.jpg

11jyiic.jpg

SlaterSB, what is the name of the theme used on your dock? I have a black/white set, but I'm trying to find that grey set.

SlaterSB, what is the name of the theme used on your dock? I have a black/white set, but I'm trying to find that grey set.

its custom i took all those icons and grey scaled them. new wallpaper, dock, and itunes skin

14lh6iq.jpg

man i went out to the "store" and got a copy of Adobe Illustrator CS3 and somehow i purchased the pc version. i need the version for mac.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Just in case it hasn't been posted, Bing.com is offering 12% of MBP's on Ebay (if you use Buy It Now). I just pulled the trigger on a used 15".

Another good idea would be to buy a MBP thats brand new and sealed with receipt, Use cashback, then return it to the store and get whatever you'd like. Notsure if its worth the hassle but my friend did this last year when the CB percentage was much higher and he got a sick deal.

Back
Top Bottom