The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Quick question...I want to get pro tools for my MBP. Do I need certain configurations or anything? Where can I get it?

HELP!

so i ripped my entourage season dvd's to my external hard drive using mactheripper but can anyone help me convert them to AVI files? i know the VIDEO_TS folder can be played using VLC but its kind of a pain in the !!$. i just want to have a copy of my dvd's on my external so i have a digital copy. what do you guys usually do?

can anybody recommend me some good cheap ram? im using a '07, 15", 2.4 ghz, mbp, and im running on 2gb right now and i want to upgrade to atleast 4 if possible.

thanks

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]What program do ya use to make music cd's and how do ya customize ya icons and docks????[/color]
nerd.gif

is there any way to get the full version of candybar without paying for it?
nerd.gif

EDIT: Thanks durty pancakes
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Driftracer

anyone get the new i5 or i7 ?

thoughts? recommendations?

I'm guessing you want to purchase one? The new chipsets offer much better performance than the outgoing models. 90% of the population would be able to get by and more on an i5. What will you be using it for? how long do you plan on keeping this new computer? 15" or 17"?
Originally Posted by JordanDon23

What program do ya use to make music cd's and how do ya customize ya icons and docks????

is there a specific function you want when making CDs, because iTunes and OSX itself both have disc burning utilities. Roxio Toast is a good alternative as well. For custom icons and docks, Candybar and/or Dockulicious work well.
Originally Posted by nik0lis

can anybody recommend me some good cheap ram? im using a '07, 15", 2.4 ghz, mbp, and im running on 2gb right now and i want to upgrade to atleast 4 if possible.

thanks

cheaper isnt always better, but Patriot and Crucial have good builds that typically run under market price. Check newegg and Fry's
Originally Posted by dyzzle

HELP!

so i ripped my entourage season dvd's to my external hard drive using mactheripper but can anyone help me convert them to AVI files? i know the VIDEO_TS folder can be played using VLC but its kind of a pain in the !!$. i just want to have a copy of my dvd's on my external so i have a digital copy. what do you guys usually do?

MacTheRipper should give you the option to split the disc into its chapters and it can burn episodes individually. You can use Handbrake to convert them into .avi, or whatever output format you might prefer.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

I'm guessing you want to purchase one? The new chipsets offer much better performance than the outgoing models. 90% of the population would be able to get by and more on an i5. What will you be using it for? how long do you plan on keeping this new computer? 15" or 17"?
i'm looking in to doing HD video editing (final cut pro), photoshop, photography (ap3) type of work. And usual surfing, excel, word stuff.

15"
either i7 or i5
*hi-res anit-glare
*upgrade to 512gb hhd 7200 or 128gb ssd (not big enough, and $$ for more gb) ssd upgrade might not be worth it right now
everything else stock

student discount or Sweetwater 3 day payment plan

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

i'm looking in to doing HD video editing (final cut pro), photoshop, photography (ap3) type of work. And usual surfing, excel, word stuff.

15"
either i7 or i5
*hi-res anit-glare
*upgrade to 512gb hhd 7200 or 128gb ssd (not big enough, and $$ for more gb) ssd upgrade might not be worth it right now
everything else stock

student discount or Sweetwater 3 day payment plan

the i5 could handle that and not even flex. i'd opt for the 7200 RPM drive though. It's only a $50 difference. Or, buy your own hard drive and max it out to 640GB internal with 7200 RPMs.

Has anyone else had issues with using their Macbook's isight camera for tinychat? For some reason it won't work but for every other videocam application.

Anybody know of a program that will let me send audio (all sound not just itunes) to my airport express??

i purchased slingbox and i have the cables to hook my macbook up to my TV now all i need is sound and i would rather go wireless,,,

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Anybody know of a program that will let me send audio (all sound not just itunes) to my airport express??

i purchased slingbox and i have the cables to hook my macbook up to my TV now all i need is sound and i would rather go wireless,,,

if you have an Airport Express, you can use a built in utility called Airtunes. Or, try Airfoil.

If you want to customize a skin for your mac hit up this site.
styleflip.com
You can download your own pics and put em on. 15 bucks plus shipping. If you have another site I can use please send the link.

I just bought a new 15 MBP. Im loving it so far..

Originally Posted by djaward

If you want to customize a skin for your mac hit up this site.
styleflip.com
You can download your own pics and put em on. 15 bucks plus shipping. If you have another site I can use please send the link.

I just bought a new 15 MBP. Im loving it so far..

i5 or i7?

Back
Top Bottom