The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by allboutkobe

Get CandyBar from here. Go to DeviantArt to search and download icons. You can also convert your own PNG files into icons at www.iconverticons.com.

Here's the Kobe icon I made. I forgot where I got the OG artwork from, but credits to the dude who made it.
23mbs6.jpg

My brother made that.  You took the image off of his website. 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

Originally Posted by allboutkobe

Get CandyBar from here. Go to DeviantArt to search and download icons. You can also convert your own PNG files into icons at www.iconverticons.com.

Here's the Kobe icon I made. I forgot where I got the OG artwork from, but credits to the dude who made it.

My brother made that.  You took the image off of his website. 
wink.gif
Nice, can you post the link to his website? I was trying to find the site the other day but I totally forgot what it was called. Do you know if he ever made a wallpaper with that picture? Thanks.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

Debating: my comapny is giving me 2 years worth of back pay and the money I I am allowing myself to spend will go on a new Mac mini, 28in monitor, and ??? I am trying to figure out if I should wait to see if the mbp for next year will have touch interface or just get this years... or get the mb air

I'd skip out on the MBA. it's an overpriced niche product that 90% of users will find no use for. MBPs will most likely see another update around MacWorld '11 (late Jan/early Feb). It will only a spec bump if it follows the usual trend. If you have the money now, I'd get it. Also, are you planning to use that Mac Mini as a home theater PC or something? Unless you have that or dual workspaces, it doesn't make sense to have both the mini and the MBP. Cut costs; get the MBP, then hook it up to the external monitor when you're home and pair it with a keyboard/mouse.
frown.gif

i'm really liking the 11' MBA.. i know it has +%%#!% specs but it would be perfect for school. i usually leave my MBP at home cause it gets too damn heavy after a day of walking around. i'll probably just get a cheap netbook.

Originally Posted by dyzzle

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

Debating: my comapny is giving me 2 years worth of back pay and the money I I am allowing myself to spend will go on a new Mac mini, 28in monitor, and ??? I am trying to figure out if I should wait to see if the mbp for next year will have touch interface or just get this years... or get the mb air

I'd skip out on the MBA. it's an overpriced niche product that 90% of users will find no use for. MBPs will most likely see another update around MacWorld '11 (late Jan/early Feb). It will only a spec bump if it follows the usual trend. If you have the money now, I'd get it. Also, are you planning to use that Mac Mini as a home theater PC or something? Unless you have that or dual workspaces, it doesn't make sense to have both the mini and the MBP. Cut costs; get the MBP, then hook it up to the external monitor when you're home and pair it with a keyboard/mouse.
frown.gif

i'm really liking the 11' MBA.. i know it has +%%#!% specs but it would be perfect for school. i usually leave my MBP at home cause it gets too damn heavy after a day of walking around. i'll probably just get a cheap netbook.
I'd like to see the 11-inch MBA in person first.  I transitioned from a MacBook to an iMac and miss having a Macbook while at school or doing photo projects.  I would think the Air would be beneficial for basic usage...But for that price, I'd simply stay with your MBP...No need to spend a $999 when you already have a solid MBP on your desk.  Unless, your filthy rich.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW I CAN CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE TOP MENU BAR ON MY MAC???? AND THE FONT COLOR??? TRYING TO GET THE BAR TO BE BLACK WITH WHITE FONT.

Nom, nom, nom

33w7bqx.jpg

For real, after 10 minutes of using my Macbook Air, my Macbook Pro feels like a dinosaur. That said, I'm pretty sure my MBP is still gonna get used 90% of the time. The MBA is a nice coffee table ornament but that's about it.

I need some help y'all...

Shutdown my mbp last night and when I rebooted this morning, i have been unable to connect wirelessly. In the wireless toolbar it says "no airport  card installed". I tried editing my network diagnostics and no luck.

Has this ever happened to anyone before? At this point, idk what else to do. Please help!

*edit* my mbp is fairly new, purchased this spring/summer

Originally Posted by BEAST MODE

Shutdown my mbp last night and when I rebooted this morning, i have been unable to connect wirelessly. In the wireless toolbar it says "no airport  card installed". I tried editing my network diagnostics and no luck.

Has this ever happened to anyone before? At this point, idk what else to do. Please help!

Hmm. Just set up an appointment with the Apple Store. If you recently bought your MBP you are under warranty for a year.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Nom, nom, nom

33w7bqx.jpg

For real, after 10 minutes of using my Macbook Air, my Macbook Pro feels like a dinosaur. That said, I'm pretty sure my MBP is still gonna get used 90% of the time. The MBA is a nice coffee table ornament but that's about it.

Nice. How do you like using the Macbook Air? I was thinking of getting one since I use a iMac for all my work.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by BEAST MODE

Hmm. Just set up an appointment with the Apple Store. If you recently bought your MBP you are under warranty for a year.
Found some info thru google but i'll probably just end up going to the apple store.

Guys I need some quick opinions.. My girl wants an MB for x-mas but I found a brand new sealed 13.3" MBP 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, 250GB HD for $800.
I think its not the newest model but the one before it, 2010. Any thoughts, is this a good buy or no?

Originally Posted by KickHead23

Guys I need some quick opinions.. My girl wants an MB for x-mas but I found a brand new sealed 13.3" MBP 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, 250GB HD for $800.
I think its not the newest model but the one before it, 2010. Any thoughts, is this a good buy or no?

Brand new. That's a steal pretty much. But make sure the person selling it to you has the serial# intact on the box. If you can get the model#. If its 2010 its the newest model. 2009 models only had 2gb of ram that came standard. Ill jump on it. Just make sure everything is verfied before you purchase.

Serial is on the box, I'm using one of the same computers right now I got it from the same dude a few months back. Model # is A1278

Question. I plan on buying an imac. Would the base 21.5 model be enough. I don't plan on doing any heavy movies or programs. Or should I get the 21.5 with the 1TB?

Or should I wait because there is a new imac on the horizon?

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

Question. I plan on buying an imac. Would the base 21.5 model be enough. I don't plan on doing any heavy movies or programs. Or should I get the 21.5 with the 1TB?

Or should I wait because there is a new imac on the horizon?

Their are no new imac coming up they just been updated like 2 months ago, and they are faster from the older ones.

The base model is great, if your not looking to run heavy applications. The only plus to getting the 2nd model is faster ghz, more Hardrive and more graphic memory (512mb).

If you do get the 1st model, you cant really change the internel hardrive (you'll void the warranty) however you can get a 1-2tb externel hardrive and have all your information stored, or you can get time machine 1-2tb and have it clone your internel hardrive without running out of space, or lossing your data.

im sure this has already been asked, so sorry for the re-print

i am looking for a program that enables you to put music on your iphone without having to use itunes. my iphone was originally used on my desktop, so it'd dedicated to that

any ideas? thanks.

Back
Top Bottom