The Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Thread Vol. Snake's Last Hurrah | It's Out | Don't Post Spoilers!

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Call me stupid but I had no idea, the less kills, the more points you receive.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I was wondering, "I have 350 kills, how you only going to give me 1000 drebin points??
grin.gif
"
roll.gif

this aint call of duty. ur not getting any golden guns
laugh.gif

Thanks to everyone for there help regarding wolf.

Man that Database sounds ill can't wait to download that today.

One last question. If you use stealth in oreder to get 0 kills will it give you the bandana?

How the hell yall beating the game in only 3 hours??! Thats not even possible!!! BIG BOSS NO LESS!! PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!!!

Also, im on my second run through... I've been skipping the cut scenes. (im only on Act 1
eyes.gif
) trying to get the Big Boss title. Can someone give me some pointers, help wouldreally be appreciated.

Originally Posted by jordanhead7792

^^ tranquilizer gun dont kill nobody imma try that on my second run through

That's what I did. I put a LOT of folks to sleep.
laugh.gif

I finally beat it, so now I can talk to you guys again.
smile.gif

Hey right now im going for the assasin ranking and to get the altair costume and at the same time im going to try to get the stealth camo. Does anyone know ifi knock someone out with a CQC chokehold and then stab them with the knife while they are knocked out, does that count as a knife kill and a CQC knockout aswell or only the one that you do first?

Originally Posted by MoneyMike703

the ending is CWAZZZZZY

Yes...yes it is...GREAT game altogether. Easily one of the best I've ever played.
Check this out. From theexplodingbarrell.com:

MGS4 Easter Eggs-stravaganza!

img_5816.jpg
While perusing Gamespot's forums, I came across a wonderful thread that has tons of Easter Eggs (and spoilers) I missed on my first Metal Gear Solid 4 play-through. AlthoughI can't confirm or deny the veracity of most of these Easter Eggs - some of them sound incredibly far-fetched - I was excited to see just how much hiddencontent might lie just beneath the surface of this eggstrodinary game. WARNING: This list contains somemega-spoilers!!!<-----for that reason, I will do this...(highlight below to see)
[h3]
[/h3]
  • Stress goes down faster if you sit in the box.
  • If you call Rose on the codec and shake your Sixaxis, her boobs will jiggle.
  • If you flick the remote for the screen Campbell talks to you on with the Mk II you get pictures of girls in their underwear. (I don't understand this one, but it sounds exciting! Apparently it only works in Act 1. If you can figure it out, post the solution.)
  • During a cut-scene, you can shake your controller to return snake to his regular camo.
  • In the Vista mansion there's two posters of Akina Minami, when snake views these in first person he will call out the models name and his psyche gauge will go up.<---This I can confirm myself. I took pictures of both with the in-game camera
  • In the Shadow Moses when at Otacon's office he asks you for the code… just input 14893 you'll hear a familiar sound after hitting enter, and itl gives you 100,000 DP points.
  • When you in the basement lab at Shadow Moses you can use MG Mk 2 to reactivate the electric floor and destroy the Gekko.
  • Also, if you move the MG Mk. II around during the briefings, you can usually find items, ammo, and iPod music on the Nomad. You can even find batteries so your Solid Eye or MG Mk II lasts longer. There's a PS3 on the table upstairs.<---I can also confirm this one. I found a new battery in every briefing as well as the camera that everyone keeps asking about...
  • When you are fighting the Beauties (The BB squad after they've come out of their suits), if you wait around long enough, you'll get whisked off to an area of pure white. Point the camera at said Beauty and she'll pose for you. Playing "Oiishi Two-han Seikatsu" during a white world boss fight makes them dance, and pulling out the camera during a white world boss fight makes them strike a pose.
  • There are ghosts in Shadow Moses, only way to see them is using the camera you find on board the Nomad and you must have the Sorrow doll equipped… there are 30.<----I'm glad I took both dolls from Mantis. I'll be trying this next playthrough
  • In MGS2, if you codec Snake as Raiden with a ration equipped, he says that he admittedly finds it better than Roses cooking. So if you call Rosemary with a ration equipped in MGS4 see that the Colonel couldn't agree more with Raiden.
  • If you play the game on a Wednesday or Saturday (depending on the time the Ps3 is set to) Drebin's prices will be cheaper.
  • In act 3 there is a sewer you can crawl into and when you go down into it, it looks like a kids room and on the walls it has all the covers from previous MGS. It has a bean bag chair and tv where you can play the original mgs on the NES. Plus there is a big Narc machine to refuel your health. (Sounds like total BS to me, but hey… anything's possible!)<---someone try this!!!!
  • Whenever Snake is smoking there is always a no smoking sign behind him.
  • At the start of the game when the adverts are on, you can press X to change through different channels like on TV. There's a great one where David Hayter is being interviewed wearing a Solid Eye.
  • When you're looking for Naomi there is a boulder.
    It is not as tall as snake, about 3-4 times his width and behind it is one that is taller than snake and about 10m wide. Using night vision it reads:SOUTHEND 29-W5574. I have no clue what it means.<---I took a pic of it myself just in case...
  • You can raise the MKII's little head with both the d-pad up and down, and the Sixaxis tilt forward and tilt back.
  • If the fight against Laughing Octopus, once she is out of her armour, if you lie face up on the bed in the complex, she will climb on the bed and saddle you. (Confirmed!)<---Gotta try this!!!!
  • In act 2, when you're tracking Naomi, there's a plate with the production team's hand prints on the ground. Lay on this plate and the octocamo will blend to match, covering you in hand prints. This is the only place in the game to get this specific camo, so register it if you want to keep it.
  • If you return to the crashed Hind chopper after the Crying Wolf fight, you'll hear an audio flashback of Liquid Snake being shot down, and you'll receive (I think) 1,200 DP.<---I can confirm this as well.
  • Otacon's piss stain is still there in his lab. Look with your NV.<---I can confirm this
  • When you first start the game the TV channels are 15, 16, 23, 42… the number from the show LOST.
Feel free to confirm or deny any of these wacky Easter Eggs, and please keep adding to the list if you find anything else.

Got everything I needed to get, All I have left to get is the Big Boss face... I don't know if I want to go through that. Less than 5 hours, no kills, noalerts, no rations?
smh.gif

This is hands down one of the best games ever. Looking for some folks to play online with. PM me youre names.

i don't know, i thought mgs2 was the best game ever (that wasn't shenmue) but i'm starting to disagree with that... this game is easily best gameof the year, if not ever

I have been holding off beating this (gold sniper rifle is calling my name in COD) but I think its getting beat this weekend.

Since i beat the game(crazy good ending), i tried MGO last night, i figured we can have NT battle on it,

i beat the game last night and it was amazing.
i was afraid that the plot wouldn't come together, but it was rapped up nicely at the end.
i got the eagle rank.
i'm try online play and then go for a second go around on extreme.
this is up there with the greatest games of all time.

The boss extreme is ridiculous, these fools have the eyesights of eagles, and the ears of a fox...
indifferent.gif

late pass....but I beat it. Last part is od long. Loved a couple different elements but in the end...........Snake Eater is the best of the series.

Now Ima buy the set and play em in chronological order.

Finally beat it this morning. Frog rank
laugh.gif
. I get so scared/worked upwhen the alert goes off. I loved this game/movie. That last game I truly enjoyed like this was RE4. However, the storyline was a little complex to me. I'm still putting the pieces together. Ready to crack open that guidebook and run through the game again.

I am pissed that they never explained how Raiden's body became robotic and who is this Dr. Madnar. Dr. Madnar was from the original metal gear game but hedied in that game so who is this guy, is it the same guy? Also
Spoiler [+]
If the body on the lake was really solidus, why would eva jump in to save it

Originally Posted by FreshKicks of BelAir

I am pissed that they never explained how Raiden's body became robotic and who is this Dr. Madnar. Dr. Madnar was from the original metal gear game but he died in that game so who is this guy, is it the same guy? Also
Spoiler [+]

Yeah it's supposed to be the same Dr. Madnar I think.

Maybe they'll explain Raiden's story between 2 and 4 in the next Metal Gear game.

Spoiler [+]
maybe she didnt know nd thought it was the real 1

impossible
Spoiler [+]
big boss says at the end that eva and ocelot rescued big boss's body from zero and used parts from solidus and liquid to cosmetically reconstruct big boss, they both know he is alive and walking around, how could she not know its solidus?

Spoiler [+]
maybe she didnt know nd thought it was the real 1

impossible
Spoiler [+]
big boss says at the end that eva and ocelot rescued big boss's body from zero and used parts from solidus and liquid to cosmetically reconstruct big boss, they both know he is alive and walking around, how could she not know its solidus?
See what I'm saying....crazy confusing.

I'm the only one who hasn't beat it yet, smh, im suck at the begining of Act 3 trying to find these damn resistance members.. ahhhhhh

Back
Top Bottom