The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Thinking about the Air Force, is there any possible way I can bring my girl along?

if you're married.  If you guys are really committed it would be worth it anyways, that BAH you get when you're married is a big pay boost

Can you guys help me out here. I am 20yrs trying to enlist and go active but I know I am suppose to not lie about me getting locked up. One is for Mary Jane and under age drinking which both was drop. First offense type stuff and my question is can I still join the army or any other branch if I tell them this? Thanks

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Thinking about the Air Force, is there any possible way I can bring my girl along?

if you're married.  If you guys are really committed it would be worth it anyways, that BAH you get when you're married is a big pay boost

lol a lot of people "fake" marriages for that i hear

Originally Posted by Freakazoid

Can you guys help me out here. I am 20yrs trying to enlist and go active but I know I am suppose to not lie about me getting locked up. One is for Mary Jane and under age drinking which both was drop. First offense type stuff and my question is can I still join the army or any other branch if I tell them this? Thanks
has your record been officially expunged? a lot of places have purge their records every few years and if a record has been labeled as "expunged" it might not even be in the system. whether or not you decide to put that down is your decision, but be prepared for whatever if questions are asked.

ultimately, don't lie.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

has your record been officially expunged? a lot of places have purge their records every few years and if a record has been labeled as "expunged" it might not even be in the system. whether or not you decide to put that down is your decision, but be prepared for whatever if questions are asked.

ultimately, don't lie.

Yes both has been expunged but will they hold that against me? I am prepared to answer any question truthfully. I pray I get in.
Thanks ryair max 1

The recruiter requested my medical records, but the problem is I have no idea how to get all this information accurately. What's the best way to go about getting all your medical records?

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Any of you guys in Military have Cars/ cars you have a Car note on?

I have a car, no note though.  I just bought it in cash with the money I made on deployment

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

ultimately, don't lie.

Yes both has been expunged but will they hold that against me? I am prepared to answer any question truthfully. I pray I get in.
Thanks ryair max 1
Look up your court records. Call the court and ask. Your name might not even be brought up. I'm sure they will be pretty lenient especially for things that have been expunged. I know people who have enlisted with multiple misdemeanors.

Originally Posted by DBlizzle

Bout to be paying a car note...as soon as I find a good deal I can't pass up (if that even happens).And for everyone wanting to become an officer on this thread....why???! I actually work for a living, and make the same if not more than the average officer if you ask me. (O2-O3)
But you're either an E-5 or E-6, or you get BAH, and I guarantee you dont make more than the average officer plus BAH, so dont mislead them

I would put the Pay rate on an officer with BAH and BAS but I'm limited to just my phone right now.

That dude above must be banking $5-$6k a month talking about making more than an officer.

Originally Posted by DBlizzle

Bout to be paying a car note...as soon as I find a good deal I can't pass up (if that even happens).And for everyone wanting to become an officer on this thread....why???! I actually work for a living, and make the same if not more than the average officer if you ask me. (O2-O3)

So you make as much if not more than an officer and ur still waiting for a deal...
eyes.gif

Anyone a fire fighter in the AF? Im seriously thinking about joining but I would to know what should I expect before talking to a recruiter...

Thanks

Might finally be able to get a physical at MEPS within the next couple months. Last year i was wait listed until the middle of June because of a separated shoulder injury i got last year. They want me to see an orthopedist again for a follow up and if he gives me the all clear my recruiter will resubmit my application with the ortho's note. Going for the Air Force. Really hope i get in, been wanting to do this for over a year.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Might finally be able to get a physical at ASVAB within the next couple months. Last year i was wait listed until the middle of June because of a separated shoulder injury i got last year. They want me to see an orthopedist again for a follow up and if he gives me the all clear my recruiter will resubmit my application with the ortho's note. Going for the Air Force. Really hope i get in, been wanting to do this for over a year.

Im a Marine now, but Ive been thinking of switching branches when I get out.  Is there a long waitlist for the AF, or was it just because of your injury?

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Scored a 76 on the ASVAB today. Going for the Air Force. Meeting with the recruiter tomorrow.

Good deal brotha Seeko. You'll ship faster if you pick a mechanical job.

Congrats to the ones that passed the test and are joining and good luck to the ones who are About to take the test.

I just got out of the Army (Medically Retired). Best choice I made in my life to join, but damn it feels good to be out and have the GI Bill to start going to school.

This is pretty random but can you bring your own running shoes to basic training? Gonna get fitted for some new running shoes soon so i can start training for the runs and was curious if i can wear shoes i bring or if i have to wear what they assign me. I did a quick google search and i read different things. Some people said they were able to wear what they brought and others mentioned they have to wear the New Balance's that were assigned to them. This is for Air Force basic. Thanks.

I'm interested in joining the Air Force and I was wondering how the housing is on the base? Also how easily would it be to purchase an on-base apartment or home? Any pros and cons on it?

Originally Posted by taymane23

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Scored a 76 on the ASVAB today. Going for the Air Force. Meeting with the recruiter tomorrow.

Good deal brotha Seeko. You'll ship faster if you pick a mechanical job.

thanks bro. I really have my eye set on an IT or aviation career though. My aim is to get a job doing something that I can see myself enjoying to do list military as well. Air craft mechanics isn't a bad idea though. I may look into it. Thanks.

Very true about fake marriages ...when people found out about me...I had 3 proposals. Smh

Back
Top Bottom