The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Originally Posted by gumsoul410

Anybody in here a military police officer? I talked to a recruit the other day and he suggested I take that route considering my degree once I graduate. Also what are the policies for tattoos? Do they have to be covered by the uniform?

Quoting myself to get an answer. In thinking of getting a tattoo on my forearm but I keep getting conflicting answers.
what branch?

Originally Posted by SoleKid

I've been out of boot camp for about a month now. Down here in Wichita Falls, TX at Sheppard AFB for "UT" A School. I graduate in October (9th) and officially say that I am a Seabee. HOORAH!

Right on another seabee. I'm in Port Hueneme, CA right now for CM A school. I'll be done Aug 17th

Originally Posted by solarius49

Anybody in here a military police officer? I talked to a recruit the other day and he suggested I take that route considering my degree once I graduate. Also what are the policies for tattoos? Do they have to be covered by the uniform?

Quoting myself to get an answer. In thinking of getting a tattoo on my forearm but I keep getting conflicting answers.
what branch?
i am, Security Forces, in the Air Force, and honestly i hate it

what branch?

I'm leaning towards Army, then Navy. But I havent ruled out the AF yet eitherand I'm going to pm you Franchise.

what branch?

I'm leaning towards Army, then Navy. But I havent ruled out the AF yet eitherand I'm going to pm you Franchise.

The general rule is no tats on the hands, face, or neck. If you have one on the forearm you have to be able to cover it with your hand.

what branch?

I'm leaning towards Army, then Navy. But I havent ruled out the AF yet either and I'm going to pm you Franchise.

The general rule is no tats on the hands, face, or neck. If you have one on the forearm you have to be able to cover it with your hand.

I actually think it's branch specific. If you get it on your forearm, you can pretty much forget about the Air Force.

My advice is dont get it and keep your options open.

Moving to Norfolk VA in a little over a month and will be looking for offbase housing. recommend me some nice apartments/neighborhoods.

Just got my job as Fire protection, I was only in the DEP for about a month or so too. It was my 2nd choice, I would have preferred ATC but this is still good. Does anyone have any insight on this job? (AIr Force)

Just got my job as Fire protection, I was only in the DEP for about a month or so too. It was my 2nd choice, I would have preferred ATC but this is still good. Does anyone have any insight on this job? (AIr Force)
good stuff famb, I was trying for that but the AF is a pain to join. Going with the USMC.

I thought you had to wait at least 6 months before going to bootcamp? or was it your choice to wait the month or so?

my sister is having problems at Army basic because of a tattoo issue. She apparently has one that was not documented by her recruiter. They said she has several options (one of which includes removal and another is washing out). She left for basic at the beginning of last week and was told she has until October to "handle it" (again, no idea what they want done). Apparently its a small tattoo behind her ear (I do not know what it is).

good stuff famb, I was trying for that but the AF is a pain to join. Going with the USMC.
I thought you had to wait at least 6 months before going to bootcamp? or was it your choice to wait the month or so?

Na, I was in the Delayed Entry Program (DEP) I was expecting it to be a few months before I found out what job I got but my recruiter told me today I got Fire protection. (only waited about a month or so) As far as I know once you get processed at MEPS, if you want to get put on the quick ship list, it wont be long before you ship out, I was ready to go once i got one of my top job choices but I wasnt trying to rush out so Im good with waiting the 4 months.

I might have my physical at MEPS within the next couple weeks. As far as what jobs you want, if i give them the list i made of the jobs i want do i for sure get one of them? I'm in no rush to get shipped out if i don't get what i want. I've got two i really want so i'll take one or the other. My list currently has eight jobs in order of most wanted to least. This is for Air Force btw. Do they put me on a DEP if the jobs i want aren't available at the time of my physical? Thanks.

I might have my physical at MEPS within the next couple weeks. As far as what jobs you want, if i give them the list i made of the jobs i want do i for sure get one of them? I'm in no rush to get shipped out if i don't get what i want. I've got two i really want so i'll take one or the other. My list currently has eight jobs in order of most wanted to least. This is for Air Force btw. Do they put me on a DEP if the jobs i want aren't available at the time of my physical? Thanks.

Do NOT, i repeat, do NOT sign it if you don't want the job. You don't owe them **** until you sign and take the oath. (I think technically your not theirs until bootcamp) It doesn't matter what they tell you, if its not in writing, it doesn't mean ****. If you're not happy with anything on the contract, DONT SIGN IT. I cant stress it enough. They might not change it or tell you that you dont have a choice, but you do. I got jerked around at MEPS and told them I wasn't going to sign it cause of the job they offered me. My recruiter made a few calls and things worked out, and this dosent always happen(my recruiter was cool and fought for me). They will tell you "oh you can change it once to get to boot, or after boot." Not true.

Do NOT, i repeat, do NOT sign it if you don't want the job. You don't owe them **** until you sign and take the oath. (I think technically your not theirs until bootcamp) It doesn't matter what they tell you, if its not in writing, it doesn't mean ****. If you're not happy with anything on the contract, DONT SIGN IT. I cant stress it enough. They might not change it or tell you that you dont have a choice, but you do. I got jerked around at MEPS and told them I wasn't going to sign it cause of the job they offered me. My recruiter made a few calls and things worked out, and this dosent always happen(my recruiter was cool and fought for me). They will tell you "oh you can change it once to get to boot, or after boot." Not true.

Good looking out, thanks. I've waited over a year to get in cause of an injury i got last year that they've been strict about. As long as i waited i'm willing to wait a little longer and get exactly what i want.

Anyone in here ever done Courier or know anyone who has?

Thinking about doing as a special duty for 2 years.... get that top secret clearance with TSI access. $$$ on the outside.

Might take the asvab test on Monday but I feel my recruiter is trying to rush me. Not going for that though and just going to take my time till I feel ready.

USAF HVAC Tech. It will be my 3 year mark next month. Currently deployed at the moment. This is the worst job to have in the desert man ha. 

Ya your pretty much guaranteed one of the jobs you put down if you put down 8, I put down 7 and in about a month's time I got my 2nd choice (fire protection) I have no idea how that happened though.

Ya your pretty much guaranteed one of the jobs you put down if you put down 8, I put down 7 and in about a month's time I got my 2nd choice (fire protection) I have no idea how that happened though.

Alright cool, so do i still swear in the day i go to MEPS for the physical even if i don't get a job i want? Let's say they put me on the DEP do i not swear in until i find a job i want or am i swearing in still that same day and just go through my recruiter when it comes to finding a job i want? Thanks.

Alright cool, so do i still swear in the day i go to MEPS for the physical even if i don't get a job i want? Let's say they put me on the DEP do i not swear in until i find a job i want or am i swearing in still that same day and just go through my recruiter when it comes to finding a job i want? Thanks.

Ya you swear in to the DEP after you do the physical and everything butbefore you swear in you list the jobs you want in order while you talk to the liaison, I dont know how many it is you have to put, but even if you get one of your lower choices you could always just turn it down. Then you swear in again after the contract on the day you leave for BMT. You can back out at anytime before you leave for BMT

Ya you swear in to the DEP after you do the physical and everything butbefore you swear in you list the jobs you want in order while you talk to the liaison, I dont know how many it is you have to put, but even if you get one of your lower choices you could always just turn it down. Then you swear in again after the contract on the day you leave for BMT. You can back out at anytime before you leave for BMT

Awesome, thank you sir.

Back
Top Bottom