The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Happy Holidays NT military fam...

its bout to get colddddddddddddd in Germany. :frown:
Where you at in Germany fam?

Air Force: How Y'all Feel Bout Us Cuttin 25,000 personnel? Any of y'all worried about making that list?
For majority of the AFSC's Staff and below won't have to worry about being cut it's mostly Techs and senior leadership that's getting the boot. I'm not worried one bit about it.

not worried....they aint cuttin a BTZ winner
pimp.gif

but seriously these cuts have affected many people i know especially the retraining cancellations

speaking of retraining, im in my window right now........thinking real hard about that next step of my career .............aircrew? space system ops? UAV? intel?
Whats your AFSC now bruh?

not worried....they aint cuttin a BTZ winner
pimp.gif

but seriously these cuts have affected many people i know especially the retraining cancellations

speaking of retraining, im in my window right now........thinking real hard about that next step of my career .............aircrew? space system ops? UAV? intel?
I deployed with a UAV unit from AFSOC…Those guys ops tempo is brutal…If you can sit in a box for 8-12 hours more power to you.

Currently stationed at Landstuhl, Germany but work between LRMC and Ramstein.. Have been stationed at Lakenheath, England and San Antonio as well..

Damn just found out I'm on the retention board for the people they letting go this year. Welp no point in making TSgt this year.

Just because you're being reviewed on the board doesn't mean you'll be separated. You just met whatever criteria they have for potential candidates. I'd keep preparing for tech. Things could change in an instant.

Damn just found out I'm on the retention board for the people they letting go this year. Welp no point in making TSgt this year.

How were you notified? My CC met with a bunch of members from our squadron letting them know to start prepping for the outside.

My Chief came in the office called out a bunch of names, pulled us in a room and notified we been selected for the Retention Board. have 135 people in my section got selected :smh:

My Chief came in the office called out a bunch of names, pulled us in a room and notified we been selected for the Retention Board. have 135 people in my section got selected :smh:

Oh ok well see that pretty similar to what happened in my unit, Security Forces, and the commander ultimately has your fate in your hands. CC's will make recommendations to AFPC regarding what Airmen should be retained or not. For us, he is looking at EPR's, PT, CCAF and if you are operating at the level commensurate with your grade. for example, as a SSgt, are there A1C's and SrA's doing what you do.

Overall if your record and work performance is on point, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Have faith

Seeing that your SF, man nearly everyone in our career field will be meeting the board since our career field is in an overage.

Man my squadron is only about 90 people deep and 65 people were on the list our CC got

Last edited:
Oh ok well see that pretty similar to what happened in my unit, Security Forces, and the commander ultimately has your fate in your hands. CC's will make recommendations to AFPC regarding what Airmen should be retained or not. For us, he is looking at EPR's, PT, CCAF and if you are operating at the level commensurate with your grade. for example, as a SSgt, are there A1C's and SrA's doing what you do.

Overall if your record and work performance is on point, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Have faith

i'm Security Forces too, but having bad supervisor kinda screwed me over, my last 2 EPR's was a 4. :smh: . only thing i have negative going for me is that though, never got paper work or anything. so guess i'll see

Back
Top Bottom