The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

For all my peeps in the Navy what are the most desirable jobs ? Heard that I should stay far away from any job near the flight deck

I've been an aviation ordnanceman for 15 years and I love it. Flight deck is tough. But depending on the job it can be fun.

But best jobs in the navy IMO:

AC: one of the best jobs for transition to civilian sector.
Any Nuke rating: who doesn't want an 80K bonus?

Just depends on what you want.

I've been an aviation ordnanceman for 15 years and I love it. Flight deck is tough. But depending on the job it can be fun.

What's up AOC! Good to see you drop in here. Question, you think CNATTU North Island would be a good move? I've never been West Coast but I've been hearing nothing but great things about being there. Plus, I'm trying to get my MTS. Already have RinC/Station LPO, LPO at Sea on my evals...need something else to break out when my time comes.

smartest thing anyone considering the military can do is factor in what their career makes on the outside

ive seen to many people straight duped, falling for the bonus okee-dok without a plan

ive said it before in here
and ill never stop saying it
be smart
and planning on going to school once you get in almost never works out

further, i will never understand how in this digital age do people still go off hearsay for things like pay when you can look up the pay charts yourself

anyway, coming up on 15 years this year (i think)

What's up AOC! Good to see you drop in here. Question, you think CNATTU North Island would be a good move? I've never been West Coast but I've been hearing nothing but great things about being there. Plus, I'm trying to get my MTS. Already have RinC/Station LPO, LPO at Sea on my evals...need something else to break out when my time comes.

I know it's been a while but yes. If you can teach you teach. CNO prioty billiet and molds the fleet.

smartest thing anyone considering the military can do is factor in what their career makes on the outside

ive seen to many people straight duped, falling for the bonus okee-dok without a plan

ive said it before in here
and ill never stop saying it
be smart
and planning on going to school once you get in almost never works out

further, i will never understand how in this digital age do people still go off hearsay for things like pay when you can look up the pay charts yourself

anyway, coming up on 15 years this year (i think)

I just hit 15 fam. 5 more years! But I have been able to go to school. I'm finishing up my bachelor's and will get my masters before I retire.

What's your plans for retirement? I'm getting as many connections as I can for a GS job when it's all said and done.

I just hit 15 fam. 5 more years! But I have been able to go to school. I'm finishing up my bachelor's and will get my masters before I retire.

What's your plans for retirement? I'm getting as many connections as I can for a GS job when it's all said and done.

man.
congrats to you on making the time for school.

im already a Civilian DoD employee

i did 4 years active duty
11 years Civil Service

good luck with everything when you get out

man.
congrats to you on making the time for school.

im already a Civilian DoD employee

i did 4 years active duty
11 years Civil Service

good luck with everything when you get out

I would say depending on your service it's easy to go to school. Navy makes it extremely easy to go to school.

Finishing up my BSN degree in the fall, do any of you guys know any information about possibly joining the AF after I graduate for a nursing position?

Looking like I'll be done with the air force after my current enlistment is up. I thought I was going to put in twenty but I absolutely loathe the new enlisted evaluation system that has been put in place. Waiting to hear back from the FAA. Got my fingers crossed.

Looking like I'll be done with the air force after my current enlistment is up. I thought I was going to put in twenty but I absolutely loathe the new enlisted evaluation system that has been put in place. Waiting to hear back from the FAA. Got my fingers crossed.

As long as you havr a plan you are good.

How did they change the eval system?

They took the ability to give ratings away from supervisors and now that responsibility rests with commanders. There are a bunch of other things that were changed as well that have to do with promotion testing. I just don't care for any of it. It's a bit too much to be detailed in this thread.

I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S!! Was an Ordie myself, got out as an AO1 after 11 years. Yup, flight deck ain't no joke, loading mk 83's and AAMRAMS in the middle of the Persian gulf to loading/clearing M61A1/2's in the pouring rain on a pitch black flight deck, ain't for everyone but I do miss it a little

Agreed! im in OS myself currently stationed down here in Miami. 5 more years im out at 20. Great spot for networking for transitioning out in the civilian world.

OS here also. what's in miami? recruiting duty or that SEAL command in Homestead?

If anyone needs thier package reviewed let me know.

Made AOC two years ago and always want to help folks out.

Back
Top Bottom