The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by DubA169

if they have to spend 90 percent of the cap arent we going to end up with the same terrible contracts handed out to mediocre players?

opt out after 6 years is pretty big.

definitely sounds like a better deal when you see all the facts presented.
Yeah.  I was having a pretty hard time believing it was a worse offer given that Fisher and Hunter didn't even consider presenting the previous offer to the players.  How could an offer that they would at least take back to the player reps, that came after 20+ hours of additional negotiations, be worse than the offer that came before it?  I know the owners are "negotiating" pretty aggressively, but pulling a complete bait-and-switch after putting all that additional time in would just seem silly.  But that seems to be what a lot of "sources" are claiming the owners did.  I'm glad to see there are some people out there that are actually trying to provide the facts.  Thanks to PMatic for posting those articles.  

if they have to spend 90 percent of the cap arent we going to end up with the same terrible contracts handed out to mediocre players?

Yeah.  I was having a pretty hard time believing it was a worse offer given that Fisher and Hunter didn't even consider presenting the previous offer to the players.  How could an offer that they would at least take back to the player reps, that came after 20+ hours of additional negotiations, be worse than the offer that came before it?  I know the owners are "negotiating" pretty aggressively, but pulling a complete bait-and-switch after putting all that additional time in would just seem silly.  But that seems to be what a lot of "sources" are claiming the owners did.  I'm glad to see there are some people out there that are actually trying to provide the facts.  Thanks to PMatic for posting those articles.  

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

The NBA is taking questions via twitter for David Stern and Adam Silver to answer at 7, tweet to @NBA and @NBALabor, maybe copy @cavsdan.
That sounds so goddamn pretentious..

The NBA is taking questions via twitter for David Stern and Adam Silver to answer at 7, tweet to @NBA and @NBALabor, maybe copy @cavsdan.

90% mandatory spending? I wonder who's idea was that?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

What, them having a twitter q&a or sending questions in? They are doing a sucky job, they're not even retweeting the question with the answers.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

What, them having a twitter q&a or sending questions in? They are doing a sucky job, they're not even retweeting the question with the answers.

@spencerhawes00 Spencer Hawes
@nba since we have covered all of your alleged losses(and more)why am I not getting ready for a game tonight. Reason the lockout continues?

@NBA NBA
.@spencerhawes00 Don’t agree; season starts if union agrees to NBA’s proposal.

roll.gif

@momomoses7 Paul Moses
@NBA And why are players being "unreasonable" and "greedy" when they are the only side making sacrifices from previous CBA?

@NBA NBA
.@momomoses7 Players not unreasonable or greedy; system is broken

@NBA NBA
No matter the system, teams will have to make smart decisions to succeed

Smartest thing they've said.

Dwyane Wade
@DwyaneWade Dwyane Wade
@NBA why are all your "system solutions" only impacting the PLAYERS?? What have the owners giving up of significance??

@NBA NBA
.@DwyaneWade The economics & system favored the players in prior CBA -- Teams lost over 300m last year

grin.gif

@Dnussbaum David Nussbaum
@NBA Seems that there is much misinformation being propagated by agents, union, why doesn't NBA give specifics on espn.com?

@NBA NBA
That's why we're doing this Twitterview.

Twitterview. Wow. I can't believe they're being so damn pretentious..

@spencerhawes00 Spencer Hawes
@nba since we have covered all of your alleged losses(and more)why am I not getting ready for a game tonight. Reason the lockout continues?

@NBA NBA
.@spencerhawes00 Don’t agree; season starts if union agrees to NBA’s proposal.

roll.gif

@momomoses7 Paul Moses
@NBA And why are players being "unreasonable" and "greedy" when they are the only side making sacrifices from previous CBA?

@NBA NBA
.@momomoses7 Players not unreasonable or greedy; system is broken

@NBA NBA
No matter the system, teams will have to make smart decisions to succeed

Smartest thing they've said.

Dwyane Wade
@DwyaneWade Dwyane Wade
@NBA why are all your "system solutions" only impacting the PLAYERS?? What have the owners giving up of significance??

@NBA NBA
.@DwyaneWade The economics & system favored the players in prior CBA -- Teams lost over 300m last year

grin.gif

@Dnussbaum David Nussbaum
@NBA Seems that there is much misinformation being propagated by agents, union, why doesn't NBA give specifics on espn.com?

@NBA NBA
That's why we're doing this Twitterview.

Twitterview. Wow. I can't believe they're being so damn pretentious..

This Q and A with the NBA is a complete joke.

If they thought it would be a positive for their side
laugh.gif
it just makes them look even more out of touch.

DwyaneWade Dwyane Wade

NBA NBA
And the proposed BRI split should give the owners back the money they're losing. So the question remains, why are the owners so stuck on getting all of their system issues as well?

I didn't expect this to be legitimate, but all they're doing is just rehashing the same things they've repeated over and over.

laugh.gif

DwyaneWade Dwyane Wade

NBA NBA
And the proposed BRI split should give the owners back the money they're losing. So the question remains, why are the owners so stuck on getting all of their system issues as well?

I didn't expect this to be legitimate, but all they're doing is just rehashing the same things they've repeated over and over.

@BimaThug BimaThug
@NBA How EXACTLY will the luxury tax be calculated starting in Year 3? Throwing out random #s doesn't indicate its relation to salary cap.

@NBA NBA
.@BimaThug Tax calculation in year 3: 53.5% of BRI, subtract player benefits, divide by 30: projected at $74 mill

They saying salary cap would be 74 million? That's kinda high.
nerd.gif

@BimaThug BimaThug
@NBA How EXACTLY will the luxury tax be calculated starting in Year 3? Throwing out random #s doesn't indicate its relation to salary cap.

@NBA NBA
.@BimaThug Tax calculation in year 3: 53.5% of BRI, subtract player benefits, divide by 30: projected at $74 mill

They saying salary cap would be 74 million? That's kinda high.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

laugh.gif

DwyaneWade Dwyane Wade

NBA NBA

For "competitive balance."

Literally want every single team to be the same, have same chances at winning, regardless of how their team is run.

Utopiastic. Yeah I just made that up, but that's how they're acting.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

laugh.gif

DwyaneWade Dwyane Wade

NBA NBA

For "competitive balance."

Literally want every single team to be the same, have same chances at winning, regardless of how their team is run.

Utopiastic. Yeah I just made that up, but that's how they're acting.

@bagsack bagsack
@NBA If decertification of the Union occurs, will players' current contracts become void?

@NBA NBA
.@bagsack If decertification occurs, players' contracts would become void

Wait, what exactly does that mean that they're voided...
nerd.gif

@theRealHrdlicka Matt Hrdlicka

@NBA How is raising each team's payroll floor a concession when the OVR BRI drops? Seems to me, that helps owners w/higher payrolls.

@NBA NBA

.@theRealHrdlicka Raising payroll floor improves competition among all teams

Talking out their %!@,
laugh.gif

@bagsack bagsack
@NBA If decertification of the Union occurs, will players' current contracts become void?

@NBA NBA
.@bagsack If decertification occurs, players' contracts would become void

Wait, what exactly does that mean that they're voided...
nerd.gif

@theRealHrdlicka Matt Hrdlicka

@NBA How is raising each team's payroll floor a concession when the OVR BRI drops? Seems to me, that helps owners w/higher payrolls.

@NBA NBA

.@theRealHrdlicka Raising payroll floor improves competition among all teams

Talking out their %!@,
laugh.gif

It seems that the league's default answers to everything are..

"It will make the league competitive for all teams"

and

"our teams lost 300 million last year"

Back
Top Bottom