The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

@CDuhonStandTall Chris Duhon
Orlando Magic will accept deal

Damn, just like that huh?
nerd.gif

So just to clarify, need majority of player reps to agree to send it to a vote, then they vote right?
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

So just to clarify, need majority of player reps to agree to send it to a vote, then they vote right?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Imagine if the players all organized by teams. Imagine the Kings or the Raptors trying to figure out what the *%+* is going on.
30t6p3b.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Imagine if the players all organized by teams. Imagine the Kings or the Raptors trying to figure out what the *%+* is going on.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

On Saturday night, Billy Hunter notified Sam Amick that he will submit the NBA's revised proposal -- with amendments presumably recommended by the union's executive committee -- for a vote by the 30 player representatives on Monday.

"We will vote on the NBA's proposal. The proposal will be presented with some proposed amendments," Hunter told Amick via text message.

Put it back on the owners shoulders
If Stern really wants a season, which is very obvious now with all the PR he did this weekend, then he gets the owners to buy in to the amendments and get the season started on 12/15.

Originally Posted by DubA169

On Saturday night, Billy Hunter notified Sam Amick that he will submit the NBA's revised proposal -- with amendments presumably recommended by the union's executive committee -- for a vote by the 30 player representatives on Monday.

"We will vote on the NBA's proposal. The proposal will be presented with some proposed amendments," Hunter told Amick via text message.

Put it back on the owners shoulders
If Stern really wants a season, which is very obvious now with all the PR he did this weekend, then he gets the owners to buy in to the amendments and get the season started on 12/15.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I think Stern is one step away from desperation that the NBPA signs off on the current proposal this week.
It was very obvious this weekend.  It was very different from his last tone where he was giving the players an ultimatum either take it or leave it.  Now he's reaching out in hopes they sign off on it.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I think Stern is one step away from desperation that the NBPA signs off on the current proposal this week.
It was very obvious this weekend.  It was very different from his last tone where he was giving the players an ultimatum either take it or leave it.  Now he's reaching out in hopes they sign off on it.

Chris Broussard: Kobe was one if first players to support 50-50 split; just a hunch, but good chance he may push players to accept deal & he's got clout. about 6 minutes ago

I remember early October he wanted to get this done.  This was at the same meeting when KG blew up and it detonated the deal at the time.  I'm sure Kobe can persuade not only Fish & Hunter, but the rest of the players as well.

Chris Broussard: Kobe was one if first players to support 50-50 split; just a hunch, but good chance he may push players to accept deal & he's got clout. about 6 minutes ago

I remember early October he wanted to get this done.  This was at the same meeting when KG blew up and it detonated the deal at the time.  I'm sure Kobe can persuade not only Fish & Hunter, but the rest of the players as well.

briancmahoney Brian Mahoney

I asked Stern about the idea that players could ask for tweaks to the current proposal, which has been speculated. Answer to follow.

"I want to answer this diplomatically. The next time we meet to discuss anything, we'll be discussing the 47% proposal. This is it."

"We've been negotiating this for 2½ years. The owners authorized a revised proposal, and they said if it's not acceptable ...

"... and they want to keep negotiating, we present them with a 47 percent, flex cap proposal. They know it," Stern said.

I asked Stern about the idea that players could ask for tweaks to the current proposal, which has been speculated. Answer to follow.

"I want to answer this diplomatically. The next time we meet to discuss anything, we'll be discussing the 47% proposal. This is it."

"We've been negotiating this for 2½ years. The owners authorized a revised proposal, and they said if it's not acceptable ...

"... and they want to keep negotiating, we present them with a 47 percent, flex cap proposal. They know it," Stern said.

It could just be Stern trying to pressure the union.. But if they completely refuse to listen to some minor amendments that's absurd.

I think the players agree.

It could just be Stern trying to pressure the union.. But if they completely refuse to listen to some minor amendments that's absurd.

Sign the damn deal, who cares at this point?  Players have already lost, just get back to the game, and the paychecks as best you can.  Do work, make the league explode with money, re-do the deal later in life.  Holding out ain't gonna do nothin but piss me off more. 

Get it done.  It ain't gonna get any better so just deal with it.  The dumb owners will still fail miserably and you can point it out on Twitter over and over and over til they lose thier jobs, like I'll be doing. 
laugh.gif

Sign the damn deal, who cares at this point?  Players have already lost, just get back to the game, and the paychecks as best you can.  Do work, make the league explode with money, re-do the deal later in life.  Holding out ain't gonna do nothin but piss me off more. 

Get it done.  It ain't gonna get any better so just deal with it.  The dumb owners will still fail miserably and you can point it out on Twitter over and over and over til they lose thier jobs, like I'll be doing. 
laugh.gif

IF the players ratify this deal they only miss one paycheck. 

ESPNSteinline:

Upside of NBA PR offensive in publiciizng deal: I'm told union reps who asked for hard copy of previous deal at last meeting denied by NBPA

That's crazy they couldn't even see the last deal and now I understand why Stern put it out last night for EVERYONE to see it.

IF the players ratify this deal they only miss one paycheck. 

ESPNSteinline:

Upside of NBA PR offensive in publiciizng deal: I'm told union reps who asked for hard copy of previous deal at last meeting denied by NBPA

That's crazy they couldn't even see the last deal and now I understand why Stern put it out last night for EVERYONE to see it.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Yeah, I think its posturing by Stern.  So far, the owners have not really followed through on any of the ultimatums they've given out.  If we're really talking about minor tweaks to the existing proposal, I can't imagine Stern would let that kill the deal.  I've been personally involved in a few negotiations where both sides had multiple "best and final" offers.  When you're getting real close to a deal you don't go back to square one over things that aren't all that material.     

Back
Top Bottom