The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by DubA169

they are gonna see players go to Europe if they rollback salaries

bet

Thats what the revised Amnesty I proposed was for.
Im fully expecting teams to pick a star player to use the loophole for, and an over paid scrub to just let go.
The next 5 years needed to be insured, and 70 million is too much, and teams being legit destroyed is not worth it.
Pmatic I proposed a long while ago that if a team wanted to take a guy out of HS, he could have his choice of going to college and collecting 15% of the slotted salary for his draft position ( but having to be a non scholarship guy), going to the NBDL and getting  10%, but being offically a pro. Or if the team felt he was ready, going to the "main squad"  and getting his full salary. But the team would have to approve it, and he would have had to have been drafted in the top 13. And they have to declare their situation before the draft.
IMO solved 2 issues with one soulution.
Not every college player needs to be paid, so pay the ones who got legit talent.
Aside from the NCAA never letting it fly, with a few tweaks could it work?

Oh I didn't mean the Insider ones, just the ones already posted on NT in different threads.

Oh I didn't mean the Insider ones, just the ones already posted on NT in different threads.

So a owner would essentially take a $10 million loss just to keep Bosh at a cap friendly number? I thought the purpose of amnesty was that they would only have to pay a certain percentage.

Good luck getting owners to agree with that, if I'm understanding that correctly.

So a owner would essentially take a $10 million loss just to keep Bosh at a cap friendly number? I thought the purpose of amnesty was that they would only have to pay a certain percentage.

Good luck getting owners to agree with that, if I'm understanding that correctly.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

bet

Im fully expecting teams to pick a star player to use the loophole for, and an over paid scrub to just let go.
The next 5 years needed to be insured, and 70 million is too much, and teams being legit destroyed is not worth it.
Pmatic I proposed a long while ago that if a team wanted to take a guy out of HS, he could have his choice of going to college and collecting 15% of the slotted salary for his draft position ( but having to be a non scholarship guy), going to the NBDL and getting  10%, but being offically a pro. Or if the team felt he was ready, going to the "main squad"  and getting his full salary. But the team would have to approve it, and he would have had to have been drafted in the top 13. And they have to declare their situation before the draft.
Not every college player needs to be paid, so pay the ones who got legit talent.
Interesting but like you said I don't think the NCAA would let it fly.
laugh.gif
Maybe they give players the ability to enter the NBA out of HS but if they go to college, they have to stay there for two or three years minimum?

Also, revenue sharing will be huge. You know teams like the Bobcats and Bucks are salty that the Lakers just signed a $300 billion tv deal.

bet

Interesting but like you said I don't think the NCAA would let it fly.
laugh.gif
Maybe they give players the ability to enter the NBA out of HS but if they go to college, they have to stay there for two or three years minimum?

Also, revenue sharing will be huge. You know teams like the Bobcats and Bucks are salty that the Lakers just signed a $300 billion tv deal.

Originally Posted by Statis22

They still have to pay the guys with the Amnesty rule
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=2112912
You are less likely to get away with a roll back than you are with rolling back just the cap figures and giving guys annual payments to adjust to a hard cap.
But since I want there to be no Lux tax and just straight revenue sharing thats the affect im going for.
The reductions would be a loophole, but would also transition to all owners being under my 60 million cap figure.
Im not a fool.
I know that Kobe Bryant will be given the amnesty im proposing but it has to come direct out of the pockets of Jerry Buss, and cannot be related to the BRI.
The next 5 years are to see if revenue sharing improves the status of the league, and if the league wants to go forward with a hard cap long term.
That tv money the Lakers are going to get has to fund their new stadium. It cannot be simply a bailout for the rest of the league.
Just cause Reindorf and Dolan and certain other owners own their stadiums doesnt mean that the stadiums need to be the financees of the team, or vise versa.
The NBA is in a unique position.
They can expand profitability accross the board, so that every owner can break even on the basketball team.
And if the owners are in a good market, or smart or a combo of both, they can own the stadiums accross the board. Thus reducing the tax payers expense.
Every market the NBA is in can be profitable
The NFL's figures have become too choppy IMO to make a similar move in the near future and they are going to continue to depend on tax payers.

You are less likely to get away with a roll back than you are with rolling back just the cap figures and giving guys annual payments to adjust to a hard cap.
But since I want there to be no Lux tax and just straight revenue sharing thats the affect im going for.
The reductions would be a loophole, but would also transition to all owners being under my 60 million cap figure.
Im not a fool.
I know that Kobe Bryant will be given the amnesty im proposing but it has to come direct out of the pockets of Jerry Buss, and cannot be related to the BRI.
The next 5 years are to see if revenue sharing improves the status of the league, and if the league wants to go forward with a hard cap long term.
That tv money the Lakers are going to get has to fund their new stadium. It cannot be simply a bailout for the rest of the league.
Just cause Reindorf and Dolan and certain other owners own their stadiums doesnt mean that the stadiums need to be the financees of the team, or vise versa.
They can expand profitability accross the board, so that every owner can break even on the basketball team.
And if the owners are in a good market, or smart or a combo of both, they can own the stadiums accross the board. Thus reducing the tax payers expense.
The NFL's figures have become too choppy IMO to make a similar move in the near future and they are going to continue to depend on tax payers.

$70 million hard cap sounds right.

also, you cant waive someone and immediately re-sign.

I would love to see Lebron get waived and have "The Decision 2"

$70 million hard cap sounds right.

also, you cant waive someone and immediately re-sign.

I would love to see Lebron get waived and have "The Decision 2"

Im not a fool.

What new stadium?  Staples is 11 years old. 
laugh.gif

Are the NBA owners books open, unlike the NFL?  Do we have a breakdown of what each team made in the NBA last year? 

Im not a fool.

What new stadium?  Staples is 11 years old. 
laugh.gif

Are the NBA owners books open, unlike the NFL?  Do we have a breakdown of what each team made in the NBA last year? 

i have a bad feeling about all this. it will be worse than the last lock out

btw to the people saying 70 mil hardcap. the last one we saw proposed a few weeks ago was a 45 million dollar one. so i dont know if we getting passed 60

i have a bad feeling about all this. it will be worse than the last lock out

btw to the people saying 70 mil hardcap. the last one we saw proposed a few weeks ago was a 45 million dollar one. so i dont know if we getting passed 60

Back
Top Bottom