The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Interested to see how the NBA responds to this

David Stern was basically begging the players to accept the proposal this weekend, leaking the proposal, answering questions on twitter, creating a youtube video breaking it down. Stern doesn't want to cancel the season, he wants games played on Christmas.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

#@$# the NBA and all it's players
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Co-sign.  I hate everyone involved in this thing right now. 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

As an employee that's part of a horrible union that usually caves (mostly because striking isn't an option, because we make middle class money), I applaud the player's stance.

With that said, IMO, this only prolongs the inevitable. Unfortunately, I still think that the owners will get the deal they want in the end (whenever that will be).

As an employee that's part of a horrible union that usually caves (mostly because striking isn't an option, because we make middle class money), I applaud the player's stance.

With that said, IMO, this only prolongs the inevitable. Unfortunately, I still think that the owners will get the deal they want in the end (whenever that will be).

Go watch the Press Conference on NBA.com, the players are smiling and laughing as they're gathering behind the podium, they don't seem to know what sort of crap they've gotten themselves into..........also watch for the IDIOTS wearing a backpack and Kobe is wearing shades. They've lost touch with reality.

Go watch the Press Conference on NBA.com, the players are smiling and laughing as they're gathering behind the podium, they don't seem to know what sort of crap they've gotten themselves into..........also watch for the IDIOTS wearing a backpack and Kobe is wearing shades. They've lost touch with reality.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Hunter and fisher should be fired ASAP...

THIS. I never understood how and why they were the ones representing the players.  Fisher doesn't even negotiate his own contracts and now he's trying to trying to make a deal on the players behalf for the next decade.  Billy Hunter said numerous times that he saw this coming but never did anything to prevent it.  I blame Hunter more than anything and the fact the players place faith in him was a disaster to begin with.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Hunter and fisher should be fired ASAP...

THIS. I never understood how and why they were the ones representing the players.  Fisher doesn't even negotiate his own contracts and now he's trying to trying to make a deal on the players behalf for the next decade.  Billy Hunter said numerous times that he saw this coming but never did anything to prevent it.  I blame Hunter more than anything and the fact the players place faith in him was a disaster to begin with.

The players have just sealed their own fate. Funniest thing is they think they have the upper hand by doing this.

Jokers bringing a knife to a gunfight. Couple more months of no paychecks and these guys won't be smiling.

The players have just sealed their own fate. Funniest thing is they think they have the upper hand by doing this.

Jokers bringing a knife to a gunfight. Couple more months of no paychecks and these guys won't be smiling.

http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisMannixSI
ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix

Stern: "If I were a player, one of 450, I would wonder what it is Billy Hunter just did."

Stern: "This sham of magically taking the union and become something else is just a big charade. Irresponsible giving the timing.

Stern says if union is trying to scare the owners, "that's not happening."

KBergCBS Ken Berger
Stern on disclaimer: "It's just a big charade. ... What they've done is destroyed incredible value that would've gone to the union members

http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisMannixSI

Stern: "If I were a player, one of 450, I would wonder what it is Billy Hunter just did."

Stern: "This sham of magically taking the union and become something else is just a big charade. Irresponsible giving the timing.

Stern says if union is trying to scare the owners, "that's not happening."

KBergCBS Ken Berger
Stern on disclaimer: "It's just a big charade. ... What they've done is destroyed incredible value that would've gone to the union members

Back
Top Bottom