The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

DubA169 wrote:

jadande J.A. Adande
JaVale McGee on NBPA meeting: "definitely some guys in there saying that they’re ready to fold. But the majority are ready to stand strong"
31 seconds ago

Union already starts to crumble SMH.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 @ some of these players. 
It's one thing, if you have child support/divorce payments. However, if you don't have that, you should have been saving your money for this. It's a shame, the players will probably end up taking a 48 - 50 BRI deal, just because some people wouldn't save their checks.

Who's getting the other 2%? Boys and Girls Club of America? #doingitforthekids

DubA169 wrote:

jadande J.A. Adande
JaVale McGee on NBPA meeting: "definitely some guys in there saying that they’re ready to fold. But the majority are ready to stand strong"
31 seconds ago

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 @ some of these players. 
It's one thing, if you have child support/divorce payments. However, if you don't have that, you should have been saving your money for this. It's a shame, the players will probably end up taking a 48 - 50 BRI deal, just because some people wouldn't save their checks.

DubA169 wrote:

jadande J.A. Adande
31 seconds ago

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 @ some of these players. 

The NBA stays having the dumbest dudes represent them...It should be guys like Shane Battier, Danny Grangerand Emeka, not the clowns they stay having up there.  Being a star =/= being smart

The NBA stays having the dumbest dudes represent them...It should be guys like Shane Battier, Danny Grangerand Emeka, not the clowns they stay having up there.  Being a star =/= being smart

Going to meetings in the 11th hour
Dressed in casual clothes
Not bothering to save up checks when knowing about a potential lockout for 2 years
Stars making demands when they haven't been going to the initial meetings
Tweeting about what's going on in meetings.
Yea these are the people NT is defending.
Just take the L and play ball guys.
There are poorer people losing jobs to a recession and these guys are just being asked to take a 10 percent pay cut, essentially.

Not bothering to save up checks when knowing about a potential lockout for 2 years
There are poorer people losing jobs to a recession and these guys are just being asked to take a 10 percent pay cut, essentially.

Originally Posted by amel223

1. We're defending them, because the players tried to get a season in. The owners WANT TO MISS GAMES to kill the union, to get guaranteed profits, despite having terrible run teams. Stern has "shaky" credibility to say the least, and the owners have yet to show proof(financial books) that they're losing money. Also, the league has "sketchy" accounting practices(proven by deadspin),  so it's hard for me to take their words seriously. I will say, that the players' choice of clothing, do make it hard for me to root for them.

2. Yes, the economy is terrible, but why would a player take a 10% pay-cut in a league that's thriving(based off 2011)? Doesn't that sound asinine to you? Your company is growing, yet you have to take a reduced salary. Keep in mind, the players are what drives the sport, moreso than the other two major sports in America(NFL, MLB).

So yes, you were saying....
happy.gif

1. We're defending them, because the players tried to get a season in. The owners WANT TO MISS GAMES to kill the union, to get guaranteed profits, despite having terrible run teams. Stern has "shaky" credibility to say the least, and the owners have yet to show proof(financial books) that they're losing money. Also, the league has "sketchy" accounting practices(proven by deadspin),  so it's hard for me to take their words seriously. I will say, that the players' choice of clothing, do make it hard for me to root for them.

2. Yes, the economy is terrible, but why would a player take a 10% pay-cut in a league that's thriving(based off 2011)? Doesn't that sound asinine to you? Your company is growing, yet you have to take a reduced salary. Keep in mind, the players are what drives the sport, moreso than the other two major sports in America(NFL, MLB).

happy.gif

The economy is bad but that doesn't mean I'm gonna root for someone to make less Money. People like Dan Gilbert are part of the reason we are in in a recession to begin with. So frankly I couldn't are less about these owners crying for the players to take the loss when there are plenty of management problems and an obvious need of revenue sharing

Companies use the recession as an excuse to take take take. these owners aren't any different.

The economy is bad but that doesn't mean I'm gonna root for someone to make less Money. People like Dan Gilbert are part of the reason we are in in a recession to begin with. So frankly I couldn't are less about these owners crying for the players to take the loss when there are plenty of management problems and an obvious need of revenue sharing

Companies use the recession as an excuse to take take take. these owners aren't any different.

yup

yup

Originally Posted by DubA169

But they don't hear you though. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

But they don't hear you though. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

It's funny that Stern and his blatant BS is really being taken seriously. "Competitive balance" = "weapons of mass destruction".....never gonna find it and it's just a media friendly excuse to cover up the real issue. and all his examples are ridiculous..... Lakers/Kings? weren't these two teams going 7 games not too long ago despite a huge gap in payroll? this whole thing is a joke

It's funny that Stern and his blatant BS is really being taken seriously. "Competitive balance" = "weapons of mass destruction".....never gonna find it and it's just a media friendly excuse to cover up the real issue. and all his examples are ridiculous..... Lakers/Kings? weren't these two teams going 7 games not too long ago despite a huge gap in payroll? this whole thing is a joke

happy.gif

At the end of the day the players are going to have to give up something.  The only reason why you would hold out is if you can reverse the tide or get a better deal. 

Only losing 10 percent of your paycheck sounds like a pretty good deal to me, and it can't get any better than that...if anything I see deals getting worse cuz the players obviously didn't prepare for the lockout.  You even said the same.

These players should just take the L.  They may not be the ones who want to miss games but they should've been ready to miss games, if they were really serious about weathering the lockout they'd have at least saved up.

But all signs point to the fact that they don't have a @%!@#%# clue. 

The way I see it, the players are essentially posturing at this point and wasting everybody's time. 

The owners had it right.  They knew the players were gunna cave all along, due to lack of readiness, and all signs point to the fact. And according to a certain tweet, it looks like they were right.  So if they're gunna cave anyway they should cave now while losses are at a minimal, and before it gets worse.

Just wasting time.  Just wasting everybody's time cuz they're stupid.

happy.gif

At the end of the day the players are going to have to give up something.  The only reason why you would hold out is if you can reverse the tide or get a better deal. 

Only losing 10 percent of your paycheck sounds like a pretty good deal to me, and it can't get any better than that...if anything I see deals getting worse cuz the players obviously didn't prepare for the lockout.  You even said the same.

These players should just take the L.  They may not be the ones who want to miss games but they should've been ready to miss games, if they were really serious about weathering the lockout they'd have at least saved up.

But all signs point to the fact that they don't have a @%!@#%# clue. 

The way I see it, the players are essentially posturing at this point and wasting everybody's time. 

The owners had it right.  They knew the players were gunna cave all along, due to lack of readiness, and all signs point to the fact. And according to a certain tweet, it looks like they were right.  So if they're gunna cave anyway they should cave now while losses are at a minimal, and before it gets worse.

Just wasting time.  Just wasting everybody's time cuz they're stupid.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I know I'm going to pissed as hell if in 2 months time the players take a deal worse than what is on the table now because

1. being too dumb to prepare for lockout
2. failing to recognize how good a deal the first deal was to begin with

Which means they wasted everybody's time. 

it'd be like hypothetically speaking: pacquiao doing !%@+ to prepare  for his fight against mayweather and then he gets his dumb !!* beat down in like 4 rounds due to lack of preparation.  wouldn't you be pissed that pacquiao wasted your +$%%%$* time.

don't simply try and delay the inevitable by posturing but really try to win.  it just truly irks me when I see photos of meetings and they're in street clothes

like how seriously can you be taking all this if you do $+*# like that.  If I was derek fisher I'd be like what the %+!* are you doing here you're just taking up space.  same guys prolly partied the whole summer not thinking about the upcoming lockout.

#endrant  Yes I am mad. 

Back
Top Bottom