The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Jordan is a $+%@!+ up dude
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by Burns1923

How many votes do the players need to decertify again?

I think most people see the sense in accepting 50-50 right now but it's not like that's the one thing keeping a deal at bay. There's other stuff the players are ticked about.

I can see Fish and co rallying the votes to decertify. The players seem like they're on that rather-die-standing-than-live-on-my-knees pride. Looking to prove a point. They don't want the owners "controlling" their livelihoods anymore.

Was reading about what the potential decert process would be. The months each step would take...

This would bleed into 2012-13 season easily if not beyond.
30%.
Wow. That's much lower than I ever thought. Thanks, PMatic.
Like someone said, if the players wouldn't accept the deal Saturday, why would they accept it Wednesday?

If all the info coming out is correct, the owners have done all they're going to do and the players have no appetite for anything below 51 and system adjustments on their own terms. Fish basically dismissed those 5 Cohen suggestions the NBA accepted. You know the agents are going wild now trying to stoke the decertify sentiment.

Interesting few days ahead.

I think most people see the sense in accepting 50-50 right now but it's not like that's the one thing keeping a deal at bay. There's other stuff the players are ticked about.

I can see Fish and co rallying the votes to decertify. The players seem like they're on that rather-die-standing-than-live-on-my-knees pride. Looking to prove a point. They don't want the owners "controlling" their livelihoods anymore.

Was reading about what the potential decert process would be. The months each step would take...

30%.
Like someone said, if the players wouldn't accept the deal Saturday, why would they accept it Wednesday?

If all the info coming out is correct, the owners have done all they're going to do and the players have no appetite for anything below 51 and system adjustments on their own terms. Fish basically dismissed those 5 Cohen suggestions the NBA accepted. You know the agents are going wild now trying to stoke the decertify sentiment.

I need to stop kidding around with myself, refreshing these tweets and go back to what I was telling people over the summer :

There will be no NBA basketball this year. Too much $$ at stake and not the wits on how to split it up amongst all markets.

Hope its a good college season this yr, even tho I hate college basketball SMH

I need to stop kidding around with myself, refreshing these tweets and go back to what I was telling people over the summer :

There will be no NBA basketball this year. Too much $$ at stake and not the wits on how to split it up amongst all markets.

Hope its a good college season this yr, even tho I hate college basketball SMH

Considering most of these guys spend their money like it's going out of style, I have a hard time believing the majority of players can stomach losing an entire season. Everyone does not have endorsement deals like Kobe, Lebron, Wade, etc. Whether you abhor the owners or not, they have much deeper pockets and other business ventures to keep them afloat, most of the players cannot say that. It's funny reading some of these comments about Jordan. This is the same guy that most of NT believe could do not wrong, walked on water, etc just because he is arguably the greatest player to play the game, and because he had a great shoe line at one point and time. Jordan has always been a donkey, so I am not surprised he has taken the stance he has. IMO, the longer this drags out, the worse it looks for the players in the eyes of the casual NBA fan, as those are the people who I do not see coming back after this debacle is finally over.

Considering most of these guys spend their money like it's going out of style, I have a hard time believing the majority of players can stomach losing an entire season. Everyone does not have endorsement deals like Kobe, Lebron, Wade, etc. Whether you abhor the owners or not, they have much deeper pockets and other business ventures to keep them afloat, most of the players cannot say that. It's funny reading some of these comments about Jordan. This is the same guy that most of NT believe could do not wrong, walked on water, etc just because he is arguably the greatest player to play the game, and because he had a great shoe line at one point and time. Jordan has always been a donkey, so I am not surprised he has taken the stance he has. IMO, the longer this drags out, the worse it looks for the players in the eyes of the casual NBA fan, as those are the people who I do not see coming back after this debacle is finally over.

30%.

Actually, I should have been more clear. It'll take 30% to get the petition to vote for decertification. Then it would take 50% for the actual decertification to take place. I hope that makes sense.

30%.

Actually, I should have been more clear. It'll take 30% to get the petition to vote for decertification. Then it would take 50% for the actual decertification to take place. I hope that makes sense.

PMatic wrote:

Gotcha. And didn't Stern say something about voiding contracts if decert happens?
Just saw this on ESPN...

Sources close to the decertification movement told ESPN.com's Marc Stein on Sunday that the players and agents involved in that push hope to have the requisite signed petition from 30 percent of the league's work force calling for a decertification vote -- an estimated 130 players -- by Tuesday.

"We intend to move fast," one source said.

Once signatures are collected from 30 percent of the players, that petition is filed with the National Labor Relations Board. The NLRB could then take an estimated 45 days to verify the petition and schedule an actual decertification vote. Disbanding the union requires a simple majority of players voting for decertification, but the union would continue to exist while the NLRB is arranging the vote and thus could theoretically continue negotiations with the league before the Players Association is dissolved

PMatic wrote:

Gotcha. And didn't Stern say something about voiding contracts if decert happens?
Just saw this on ESPN...

Sources close to the decertification movement told ESPN.com's Marc Stein on Sunday that the players and agents involved in that push hope to have the requisite signed petition from 30 percent of the league's work force calling for a decertification vote -- an estimated 130 players -- by Tuesday.

"We intend to move fast," one source said.

Once signatures are collected from 30 percent of the players, that petition is filed with the National Labor Relations Board. The NLRB could then take an estimated 45 days to verify the petition and schedule an actual decertification vote. Disbanding the union requires a simple majority of players voting for decertification, but the union would continue to exist while the NLRB is arranging the vote and thus could theoretically continue negotiations with the league before the Players Association is dissolved

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Jordan is a $+%@!+ up dude
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah. Even though that article was exaggerated dude got a point. Mike don't care about sh!# unless it puts money in his pocket. *Thinks about the Jordan is a jerk thread*

Somewhere right now, chamillionaire is nodding and saying I told you so.

Hell, im not even sure if i want the concords that's droppin anymore.

Burns1923 wrote:
Yup. From my pov wouldnt that help the owners get more of what they want? If they void contracts then doesnt every team start over at $0 under the cap able to build teams how they want?
laugh.gif
People need to understand that this is a business and under these circumstances the players pride is hurting them more than helping them. They don't accept the current offer and take these next steps towards decertifying and it'll only hurt the majority of them in the long term.
And as far as Jordan goes:
Business is business no matter what side your on. If you're a player you're going to do what you got to do to get those $100 million dollar contracts and if you're an owner you're going to do what you've got to do to win and make as much money as possible. Michael Jordan don't owe any of us anything. It's so typical of black people to throw around this term "sellout" at any successful man who doesn't seemingly look out for everyone else trying to come up. Forget that. This isn't a passing of the torch or the giving of props. This is a business not a friendship. And this business concerns the manipulation of billions in income. I wish people could wrap their minds around the seriousness of the issues insetad of pointing fingers at billionaires and saying hey, give those guys more millions.

The owners of the league dole out the checks and if they think the system is broken they're going to do what they've got to do to fix it. And everyone else is just going to have to deal with it. The players don't have a leg to stand on. A handful of them are super rich to the point where they can afford to take a full season off and still enjoy their lifestyle. But that's a minority of them. The majority of them will have to cave in soon.

30t6p3b.gif
at MJ. I really wish I could hate the dude, the only great things about him were his play and shoes/clothes/etc... Otherwise I really don't like anything about him.

30t6p3b.gif
at MJ. I really wish I could hate the dude, the only great things about him were his play and shoes/clothes/etc... Otherwise I really don't like anything about him.

so what stance should MJ have then?  

Business is business no matter what side your on. If you're a player you're going to do what you got to do to get those $100 million dollar contracts and if you're an owner you're going to do what you've got to do to win and make as much money as possible. Michael Jordan don't owe any of us anything. It's so typical of black people to throw around this term "sellout" at any successful man who doesn't seemingly look out for everyone else trying to come up. Forget that. This isn't a passing of the torch or the giving of props. This is a business not a friendship. And this business concerns the manipulation of billions in income. I wish people could wrap their minds around the seriousness of the issues insetad of pointing fingers at billionaires and saying hey, give those guys more millions.

EXACTLY

Back
Top Bottom