The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

I think the system issues outweigh the one percentage point. But that's just my guess. Can't understand all the fuss over one point

I think the system issues outweigh the one percentage point. But that's just my guess. Can't understand all the fuss over one point

Originally Posted by DubA169

I agree mos def.  According to a tweet the union think that with one more session and modest tweaks to the system they would get a deal done.  At this point, as stated many times, decertification kills this season and maybe even next season.  I can't see 30% of the players agreeing to decertify at this point and time.  Someone needs to pick up the phone and make some tweaks to this CBA and close this out and get the season underway.

I agree mos def.  According to a tweet the union think that with one more session and modest tweaks to the system they would get a deal done.  At this point, as stated many times, decertification kills this season and maybe even next season.  I can't see 30% of the players agreeing to decertify at this point and time.  Someone needs to pick up the phone and make some tweaks to this CBA and close this out and get the season underway.

Because it equates to millions of dollars and isn't a true 1% increase. Players at this point need to face reality and realize it ISN'T going to get any better and if they wanted to go the decertification route they should have done so from the beginning. Now this will all but put a nail in the coffin for the season and they will end up losing way more money from this lost season and possibly next than they're trying to gain from getting these said percentage increases.

Because it equates to millions of dollars and isn't a true 1% increase. Players at this point need to face reality and realize it ISN'T going to get any better and if they wanted to go the decertification route they should have done so from the beginning. Now this will all but put a nail in the coffin for the season and they will end up losing way more money from this lost season and possibly next than they're trying to gain from getting these said percentage increases.

It absolutely is, honestly I don't even know how unified the owners are on the system.

Small markets should be fighting tooth and nail to change the current system.

It absolutely is, honestly I don't even know how unified the owners are on the system.

Small markets should be fighting tooth and nail to change the current system.

In Letter to Union, Stern Details His Ultimatum

The ultimatum issued by the NBA to its players over the weekend not only threatens them with a worse labor deal, but also a massive pay cut if they do not make a deal by Wednesday afternoon.

A letter sent by David Stern, the commissioner of the N.B.A., to the players union Sunday contrasts the proposal on the table — highlighted by a 50-50 split of revenues — with a “reset

In Letter to Union, Stern Details His Ultimatum

The ultimatum issued by the NBA to its players over the weekend not only threatens them with a worse labor deal, but also a massive pay cut if they do not make a deal by Wednesday afternoon.

A letter sent by David Stern, the commissioner of the N.B.A., to the players union Sunday contrasts the proposal on the table — highlighted by a 50-50 split of revenues — with a “reset

They either need to sign the 50/50 or blow up the season. Enough's enough.

They already know what's going to be in the dressed down proposal. Take 50/50.

If not, get to decertifyin'. This has all gotten extremely petty and more "talks" are just going to be as fruitless as they've been forever.

If not, get to decertifyin'. This has all gotten extremely petty and more "talks" are just going to be as fruitless as they've been forever.

Stern playing the dictator card? Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say there will be no NBA season. Like Burns1923 said, I don't think any negotiations can be effective at this point. Guess we'll wait to see who calls who's bluff.

Stern playing the dictator card? Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say there will be no NBA season. Like Burns1923 said, I don't think any negotiations can be effective at this point. Guess we'll wait to see who calls who's bluff.

Players are going to regret this down the line. Just wait and see.
There's a thin line between bravery and stupidity.

Players are going to regret this down the line. Just wait and see.
There's a thin line between bravery and stupidity.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

PREACH! either accept the deal or decertify, all this has gotten old

Originally Posted by Burns1923

PREACH! either accept the deal or decertify, all this has gotten old

Back
Top Bottom