The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I was called an idiot for making this prediction, but ill say this again: Kyrie Irving could be the next Kobe. Hes solidified his greatness with a ring. Now its time for him to keep doing what hes doing and perfect his jumper from all around. He wasnt even fazed by a game 7. The kid is 24 and cold blooded, and drilled that shot in the biggest stage, he even told media he was thinking about mamba mentality.  Does else anybody feel this way?
Maybe not the next Kobe (because they're styles are different) but perhaps the next Isiah Thomas (not to be confused with the Celtics' Thomas).

Isiah was cold blooded like Kyrie and super clutch and super tough, with Mamba mentality written all over him.

I was called an idiot for making this prediction, but ill say this again: Kyrie Irving could be the next Kobe. Hes solidified his greatness with a ring. Now its time for him to keep doing what hes doing and perfect his jumper from all around. He wasnt even fazed by a game 7. The kid is 24 and cold blooded, and drilled that shot in the biggest stage, he even told media he was thinking about mamba mentality.  Does else anybody feel this way?
Son went 1 on 1 with Curry and dropped the game winner in front of his face
Legendary

When it's all said and done, I can see Lebron finishing with at least 5 chips especially if he stays in the East because what happened to the Warriors out west is a classic example of a Western Conference contender who got beat up by other tough Western foes and by the time they reached the Finals, the Eastern conference contender took full advantage of the West team's weary legs.

Guys please tell me how the hell Kyrie is the next Kobe or Isaiah. That's two of the fiercest perimeter defenders of all time. His handle is probably top 5 all time but come on dude doesn't make a shot that looks like a good attempt either.

Kyrie did to Steph as he did to the Spurs in his 50 point game

just not afraid of taking the big shot.

KiLLER

Guys please tell me how the hell Kyrie is the next Kobe or Isaiah. That's two of the fiercest perimeter defenders of all time. His handle is probably top 5 all time but come on dude doesn't make a shot that looks like a good attempt either.
Not the next Kobe. But Isiah, I can make that argument.

Isiah made his mark and stamped his name in the 1988, 89, and 90 NBA Finals. Just like Kyrie did in this year's Finals.

Isiah was quick off the dribble, just like Kyrie. Isiah could get in the lane just about any time he wanted, just like Kyrie. Isiah had MAD handles (for 80s standards), just like Kyrie.

Isiah is the better defender but I'm sure Kyrie will become an even better defender as his career progresses as he is barely entering the meat of his prime.

And most importantly, Kyrie isn't afraid of the big moment, just like Isiah.

Last edited:
Where ohh where are the dubs fans??? Chester? Jumpman?? Dudes went MIA or are on suicide watch!!! Hhahahahahha

First off, that fake fool Chester was NEVER a warrior fan. Dude is probably on suicide watch now that Bron won another finals mvp and ring.

Second, warrior fans still here. It was an amazing season and while I'm disappointed in the L, gotta give props to Cleveland. They made history. We'll be back next year

That last shot made me think about this. Kyrie is ABOUT THAT LIFE.

Young G is fearless. What they said LBJ lacks (he doesnt) this guy has ALL of it. Straight KILLER.

Last edited:
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

93-89

mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

SMH

frown.gif

Whoa slow down man. At this stage Kyrie is no where near the 24 years old version of Kobe back then.

LeBron James with this championship sealed his legacy as one of the five greatest players to ever play this game!
— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson)

June 20, 2016

There can't be anymore LeBron James haters. He's proved that he is still the best player in the world with this championship!

June 20, 2016

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: Magic has acknowledged this, yet we still got people on this board who say he's barely a top 10 :lol:

The way Jeff Van Gundy & Mark Jackson analyzed the games & broke down the strategies, I don't understand why they aren't coaching in the NBA

June 20, 2016

This guy Jackson is probably crying tears of joy right now.

Tbh I think that Kyrie game winner was the defining moment of the series
That fadeaway 3 over the regular season MVP :pimp:
Uncle Drew showing who's boss

It wasn't in game 7, but that monstrous oop from JR to LeBron in game 6 is going to be one for the ages too. I felt like that was a major moment in the series where things really started to feel like the Cavs could actually pull this off. So many classic moments came out of this series.

Kyrie is cold. I'm not sure if he'll be the next Kobe, but he's going to be great. It was rough at the start of the year with his lack of assists and all that, but his pure scoring ability is incredible.

Last edited:
What differentiates Kyrie from Kobe aside from defense is scoring skill set (and rebounding and passing ability which was greatly slept on). Kobe had every move in the book at his disposal, the ultimate student of the game. Kyrie has 0 back to the basket game and when he isn't on it looks like he's taking bad attempts the entire game and bringing the team down.

Kyrie and Pippen might be the worst player comparison I've seen in years :lol:

Deshawn Stevenson getting compared to MJ as a HS prospect might be my favorite though :lol:

Let's talk about those boards though LOL. Wow. I have to say it was pretty embarrassing to see Kevin Love steal balls from people. Just wow. You KNEW the game was over before it was over. You KNEW. The cocked arms and dances and Draymond Green talking **** got old after a while. Lebron jamming that last dunk of the 4th quarter would have sent the Warriors into hiding. Kyrie popped at Steph in his own house like it was nothing man. Unbelievable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was downtown for the game. Craziest **** I've ever seen. Someone stole a fire truck. Some dude had his whole squad dancing on the top of his Camaro in the middle of an intersection. It took me 2 hours to leave. For some reason there were a lot of traffic cone thefts. Some people got the ingenious idea of stealing the banners from the barricades ( the ones that remained up after several were broken down and trampled in the middle of the 3rd). I bought a banner off someone for 5 and gave it to my dad as a gift. :nthat:

I think I'm going to finally buy my first non soccer jersey tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom