The Official NBA Player "Casual Wear" Thread

Bron & CP3 are lookin' good...stylist should be given a pat on the back...
Those dudes know how to dress...

SMH at LO...

82775614ym8.jpg

LO's wife ?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

^^LeBron has a stylist, I heard CP3 dresses himself.

That last part just sounded funny....
laugh.gif

Melo can't dress for +%**! (Same with LO...the +#@* was dude thinking?)

[table][tr][td] [h1]LeBron to appear on GQ cover[/h1] [/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
gq.jpg

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) -- LeBron James has raised his fashiongame.

"You look good, you play good," James said Monday after practice. "I was brought up that way."

James, who takes great pride in his wardrobe and tries to stay ahead of the style curve, will appear on the February cover of GQ Magazine --another first for the NBA superstar whose career has been defined by firsts.

Posing in a slate gray suit, pink shirt and gray tie, James added the GQ cover to his run of magazine fronts from Sports Illustrated toFortune to Vogue, in which he was the first black male to appear on the cover in the influential fashion magazine's 116-year history.

"It's great," he said of his GQ cover. "It shows that I'm fashionable. I never thought I would be on the cover ofGQ. But I've done some things I never thought I would do."

James sported a knit cap and scarf accessorized with a watch and leather studded bracelet as the Cavaliers prepared for their flight to Memphis, the firstof six road games in the next two weeks for Cleveland.

A few years ago, James hired a personal stylist who helps with his wardrobe. But he joked that someone else may have more to do with his trendy duds.

"I have to thank [NBA commissioner] David Stern," James said. "Ever since he put in the rule about having to get dressed for the game, I hadto get dressed."

Stern cracked down on his players a few years back, implementing a dress code of "business casual" attire and banning items such as sleevelessshirts, shorts, sunglasses while indoors, and headphones during team or league business.

Along with appearing on GQ's cover, James played a pickup game of hoops with a few of the magazines writers and editors, who drove to Clevelandfor the chance to get on the court with the 24-year-old superstar. They also sat down for an interview in which James discusses his endorsement deals, his twoyoung sons and Barack Obama's election as U.S. president.

James contributed $20,000 to a committee supporting Obama, participated in an early voter registration rally and hosted a free concert at Quicken LoansArena with rap star Jay-Z to support his candidate. James is disappointed he won't be able to attend the President-elect's inauguration next week inWashington.

"Looking at the schedule and seeing we were going to be on the West Coast hurt a little," he said Monday. "But I have a job to do. It [theinauguration] is going to be unbelievable. I'll watch it and read about it. It will be an unbelievable day."

Copyright 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Thismaterial may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

1.gif

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

something is off about his hair/head
laugh.gif

I was just about to say the same thing.

Must feel embarrass to know someone had to photoshop your hairline

EXCERPT FROM AP:

Add in a fashion foul by Howard, who was not on the bench after halftime because he apparently was in violation of the NBA's dress code, and it was arough night all around for the slumping Magic.

Van Gundy sat Howard to get him some rest for the postseason, and Howard spent the first half cracking up teammates and fans with his running commentaryfrom the end of the bench.

But he disappeared after halftime, apparently at the league's request.

Howard wasn't wearing a suit Monday night-but he wasn't exactly slumming it, either, sporting a sweater and dress shirt, dress pants and shoes, anda sparkling diamond-studded watch.

"I was upset!" Howard said as he left the locker room after the game. "I wanted to go out there and support my team."

Van Gundy knew Howard was in the locker room in the second half, where Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis also were receiving treatment for injuries. But Van Gundy saidhe wasn't aware that a league official had called about his attire.

"He can afford the fine," Van Gundy cracked.

Dress code nitpicking aside, Orlando could have used Howard in a uniform.

kinda ridiculous imo, his attire is much nicer than duncan's attire when he doesn't play

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

6892a6aadh3.jpg

Out of all the women CP3 can get, he chooses her...I guess she has a killer personality?
I don't see anything wrong with her at all, she seems rather normal to me. She doesn't look like the type that in it for the money either.

Back
Top Bottom