The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

The idea was a big 3 with Love going, not a big 2 with PG.

20240604_130716.jpg
I'm sure talks were fluid.

Capture.PNG

I'm sure talks were fluid.

Capture.PNG

Sounded like Griffin was looking at every possibility before leaving, still doesn't mean he was being controlled like a puppet in the process :lol:

he does have a point, that specific team that specific year was on aanother level
they beat a kobe and shaq led team coached by phil jaccson
I was only 14, but I too thought the Lakers would roll the Pistons. But looking back, that was kinda foolish by me and others.

The Pistons starters were all in their prime. Kobe and Shaq were fighting, Malone was playing on a hobbled knee, GP was a bad fit in the Triangle, Fox was hurt/old, Fish was still solid. After that it was Slava, Devean George and rookie Puke Walton.

he does have a point, that specific team that specific year was on aanother level
they beat a kobe and shaq led team coached by phil jaccson

There are only two 16-1 playoff teams in NBA History.

01 Lakers
17 Warriors

The idea that the 2017 warriors would lose to the 2004 pistons, because the Pistons beat an aging, highly dysfunctional 2004 Lakers is asinine. Do you remember that year? All that was going on with the Lakers? :lol:

Contrast that to the 2017 Warriors. Arguably the greatest team ever. And Sheed & Rip think they’d smack them, because Steph Curry has to chase Rip Hamilton off of SCREENS, and Tayshaun Prince is a secret bucket against KD :lol: and something something about the 2017 Warriors (a historic defensive team) not playing defense lmao.

This is the only Finals in which I’ve rooted for LeBron’s team. (I also would have been fine with the Cavs beating the Spurs in the ‘07 Finals, but I knew it was pointless to actually root for that to happen). I kind of regret it in retrospect because I was mainly mad at the Warriors for reaching a completely different level than the CP3-BG Clippers. But LeBron delivering that title to Cleveland was cool.

I was only 14, but I too thought the Lakers would roll the Pistons. But looking back, that was kinda foolish by me and others.

The Pistons starters were all in their prime. Kobe and Shaq were fighting, Malone was playing on a hobbled knee, GP was a bad fit in the Triangle, Fox was hurt/old, Fish was still solid. After that it was Slava, Devean George and rookie Puke Walton.
yea but kobe and shaq were in their prime and for them to get spanked 4-1 just shows that they played outta their minds. all im saying is they would have a chance against the warriors

01 Lakers
17 Warriors

The idea that the 2017 warriors would lose to the 2004 pistons, because the Pistons beat an aging, highly dysfunctional 2004 Lakers is asinine. Do you remember that year? All that was going on with the Lakers? :lol:

Contrast that to the 2017 Warriors. Arguably the greatest team ever. And Sheed & Rip think they’d smack them, because Steph Curry has to chase Rip Hamilton off of SCREENS, and Tayshaun Prince is a secret bucket against KD :lol: and something something about the 2017 Warriors (a historic defensive team) not playing defense lmao.
hey man i hate the warriors :lol:
and do believe that the pistons would have a chance is all im saying.
crazier things have happened

No team before 2017 would stand a chance against that Warriors team, besides the Big 3 Heat. Have y’all watched those Jordan Bulls finals recently? They wouldn’t know what to do with Steph :lol:

Pistons would be a 4-0 sweep.
Bulls would be a 4-1 win at worst.
Cousy Celtics would be a 4-0 sweep with an average margin of victory: 30+
Same with Jerry West’s Lakers

That Pistons team matched up with an old hurt LAL team that was infighting.

You can't begin to compare that to the 2017 GSW. Not even in the same stratospehere.

Once again, Ben & Rasheed Wallace would be in no mans land all series. Steph/Klay/KD would get any shot they wanted at any time. Of all the all time teams you'd like to see compete, those two would be at the bottom of the list.

01 Lakers
17 Warriors

Right. One of those things was that the Lakers were missing Karl Malone in the Finals, who arguably had been their 3rd best player through that playoff run. So they were relying on the likes of Slava Medvedenko to help Shaq compete with the Wallace boys, etc. :lol: The drop off in talent with that Lakers team after their Big 4 guys was severe.

why don't u just say whats on ur mind :lol:
call out the names papi
I just view generational a little different. I weigh, "How much did they change the landscape, how much did they "evolve" the game. How many (attempted) duplicates of this player have gotten GMs fired for taking chances on."

Game changing ability.
Steph Is more "generational" than

Kobe
Shaq
Tim Duncan
Allen Iverson

A lot of these dudes were amazing talents and celebrities but didn't really change the game outside of coming in and doing damage to the league for an extended time period. (Not belittling that at all)

I won't say KD because he ushered in a new prototype into the game.

LeBron is one in a million. He style is unique and hasn't been duplicated.

Kobe: Best carbon copy of the perfect picture (Not a knock but also not evolving the game; if anything the hero style has hurt the game but that's another convo for another day that Jordan/Kobe fans don't want to face)

To me, the most important players when it comes to changing the landscape of basketball in my OPINION:

Steph
Dirk
KG
KD

*Based on my lifetime only*

(Again, my formula for generational is different than most)

hey man i hate the warriors :lol:
and do believe that the pistons would have a chance is all im saying.
crazier things have happened
My question for any of the hypothetical convos is this.

When and how will the game be played? Would evolved versions of those Pistons players suit up and play GSW?

Or would the GSW players be transported back in time to act/play like players of that era?

Because it they were to meet in present day, AS IS, I just don't understand how Detroit would stand a chance defending the modern playstyle that they have NEVER been exposed to.

Shaq wasn't generational?? We haven't seen anyone comparable since

One of a Kind Like LeBron.

Made the game a living hell for anyone that had to deal with him.

However, he Didn't evolve the game to the degree of any of the 4 dudes I listed.

Back
Top Bottom