The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

I remember seeing early in the season that an extension could be a precursor to a trade
I'm pretty sure signing an extension would make him ineligible to be traded in this case because he'd be getting such a big raise (unlike the Bojan Bogdanovic extension). So the Pacers will probably listen to trade offers, then decide if he makes it past the trade deadline to do the renegotiate and extend.

I don't care at all really, but they could easily have done much better matchups for Christmas (even without predicting injuries)

Like why didn't they make:

Hawks vs Knicks was seriously a no-brainer (if you want to schedule NYK on Xmas)
Pels vs Suns was seriously a no-brainer
They really left Zion off Christmas? :smh: :rofl:
I kind of understand leaving the Nets off but, really?
Philly vs Toronto is always heated

I don't care at all really, but they could easily have done much better matchups for Christmas (even without predicting injuries)

Like why didn't they make:

Hawks vs Knicks was seriously a no-brainer (if you want to schedule NYK on Xmas)
Pels vs Suns was seriously a no-brainer
They really left Zion off Christmas? :smh: :rofl:
I kind of understand leaving the Nets off but, really?
Philly vs Toronto is always heated
Pels Suns or even Mavs Suns
Cs Bucks (got this right)
Hawks Knicks
Philly Raptors
Lakers Clippers
Warriors Memphis (got this right but no Chef)

Plenty of options to have a much better Chrimah basketball

I'm pretty sure signing an extension would make him ineligible to be traded in this case because he'd be getting such a big raise (unlike the Bojan Bogdanovic extension). So the Pacers will probably listen to trade offers, then decide if he makes it past the trade deadline to do the renegotiate and extend.
From what I remember he could be traded midseason after the extension

Injuries and other circumstances outside the NBA's control- but it's not a good lineup at all

There's one cool game, that's it

Lakers, Mavs, Warriors all cheeks rn

Nobody cares about the Suns and I'm sure nobody cares about the Knicks but cool that they went on a win streak

Are you saying you this for casuals or in general? The Knicks play every Christmas at MSG at Noon EST. They are still a little hot and are playing against a perennial conference contender. MIL-BOS is litty but we know this. Basketball purists and fans know that DEN-PHX is a good basketball game (Jokic, Book, CP). Other two games are trash due to injuries. Not THAT bad for fans like us all things considered.

Are you saying you this for casuals or in general? The Knicks play every Christmas at MSG at Noon EST. They are still a little hot and are playing against a perennial conference contender. MIL-BOS is litty but we know this. Basketball purists and fans know that DEN-PHX is a good basketball game (Jokic, Book, CP). Other two games are trash due to injuries. Not THAT bad for fans like us all things considered.
Shenanigans and storylines >>>> good basketball

Considering the constant uncertainty around who might be playing for the Clippers in any given game over the last year, I understand why they were left off the X-mas Day schedule.

Found it:

THE EXTEND-AND-TRADE
You might have heard that Myles Turner is in trade rumors. (Just kidding! We know you know that.) But what if a team wanted Turner locked in for years beyond this season? The Pacers and the acquiring team, along with Turner, could agree on an extend-and-trade deal. It would look like this:

2022-23: $18,000,000
2023-24: $18,900,000
2024-25: $19,845,000
Total: three years, $56,745,000
We included the current year for Turner, since an extend-and-trade is extremely restrictive. In an extend-and-trade, the total length of the contract can only be three seasons. In this case, Turner can only add two new years onto his current deal. In addition, raises in an extend-and-trade are limited to 5%.

As you can see, Turner would be adding (in relative terms) very little to his current salary in an extend-and-trade. Essentially, Turner would have to really, really want to be heading to the acquiring team to do a deal like this. A more likely scenario would be Turner is traded to a new team and simply signs a new contract as a free agent in July.

For us and casuals alike

They could have made matchups where there'd be some built in rivalries

It wouldn't have been difficult at all to see the matchups to make

Found it:

THE EXTEND-AND-TRADE
You might have heard that Myles Turner is in trade rumors. (Just kidding! We know you know that.) But what if a team wanted Turner locked in for years beyond this season? The Pacers and the acquiring team, along with Turner, could agree on an extend-and-trade deal. It would look like this:

2022-23: $18,000,000
2023-24: $18,900,000
2024-25: $19,845,000
Total: three years, $56,745,000
We included the current year for Turner, since an extend-and-trade is extremely restrictive. In an extend-and-trade, the total length of the contract can only be three seasons. In this case, Turner can only add two new years onto his current deal. In addition, raises in an extend-and-trade are limited to 5%.

As you can see, Turner would be adding (in relative terms) very little to his current salary in an extend-and-trade. Essentially, Turner would have to really, really want to be heading to the acquiring team to do a deal like this. A more likely scenario would be Turner is traded to a new team and simply signs a new contract as a free agent in July.
This would be a normal extension and would make Turner immediately trade eligible because the extension is not more than 5% of his salary this season (just like Bogdanovic).

What the Shams article is hinting at is the "renegotiate and extend" extension, where he gets an additional $19M on top of his $18M (to meet his $37M max slot) because the Pacers are so far below the salary cap. Since it would be more than a 5% raise, he'd be ineligible to be traded for the rest of the season. But they wouldn't do this extension until after the trade deadline if he was still on the team.

**** was like 15 degrees last night. Not phased doe

jimjones-****gettingouttahandnow.gif
ezgif-2-752c014896.gif

Update: kinda phased

City turned into a skating rink

ezgif-2-752c014896.gif

Update: kinda phased

City turned into a skating rink

Famb. Yesterday it was low 40s and just raining. Saw the sun out this AM and thought it was Gucci so I decided I would walk to pick up some stuff from the store. Thank goodness I checked my phone because it was 24 degrees, 7 with wind chill :wow: It was only a quarter mile away and I had on a parka but I was out that ***** like
1671826586782.gif

Mother Nature was hitting me with the Pat Bev too small :smh:

Considering the constant uncertainty around who might be playing for the Clippers in any given game over the last year, I understand why they were left off the X-mas Day schedule.
When the schedule was put out in August, was Khawi even targeted to start the season on time back then, much less be back by Christmas? That had to play into it. Just like during the summer there was the limbo with KD and Kyrie, that definitely played into them being off the Christmas schedule.

Back
Top Bottom