The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Misery Business just came on the car radio. I will now always associate it with Steph Curry. But in fairness to Steph, I find it to be kind of a banger myself. :nthat:

Those Air Max Chosen kicks were/are dope. The TB colorways were nice. Crazy how the second and third tier kicks of yesteryear are better than this days.
Not sure I can name any non-signature Nike hoops shoes that came after the 2K5s. Serious.

Not sure I can name any non-signature Nike hoops shoes that came after the 2K5s. Serious.

I was still in my sneaker collecting and hooping regular days so I recall a few. The ones of last major significance I recall were the Zoom BB series and Hyperdunks (ESPECIALLY the Hyperdunks :nthat:).

My teammate had the all black pair of Air Max Chosens our freshman year. So basic.

The DWade and Travis Diener backcourt at Marquette. :pimp:

Harden ain't got the juice anymore.
That’s a fact. When he was averaging 30+ morey was bending over backwards for him.

Funny thing is the rockets were definitely all in on a harden reunion. They were going to give him the 4 year max he wanted. Ime came on board and straight vetoed that :lol:. Harden being the better player but still getting FVV picked over him should be a wake up call but harden is stubborn so he will double down.

Finally was able to find verbiage on the CBA clause affecting the James Harden situation :wow: :lol:
"There's an obscure clause in the collective bargaining agreement that says the following: 'A player who is in the last year of his contract.' Okay, so that's James Harden. He's on an expiring contract," said Zach Lowe on his podcast.

"'Who withholds his playing services for more than 30 days after the start of the last season covered by his contract shall be deemed', I'm paraphrasing now, 'should be deemed to have violated his contract. Accordingly, such a player shall not be a veteran free agent and shall not be entitled to negotiate or sign a contract with any other professional basketball team unless and until the team from which the player last played expressly agrees otherwise.'

"I was alerted to that clause by people who would know what it means. And then I checked with other people who would know what it means and I said 'Am I an idiot or does this say he doesn't actually show up, the Sixers, because he's on an expiring contract, can block him in perpetuity from signing in the NBA?'

"And I checked with legal people and cap people and team people and whatever people, and the answer every time was 'Yes. And not only the NBA, any other professional basketball teams means exactly what you think it is.

Link to full article: https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...rden-Holding-Out-Due-To-Obscure-Clause-In-CBA

By holding out Harden is literally going to MAKE HIMSELF a hostage from playing professional basketball anywhere in the world :rofl:

That man is showing up and showing out. This holdout is posturing from him because given that clause, he is definitely not going to holdout beyond 30 days and if he does play with a fat suit/bad attitude he is looking a Russell Westbrook money going forward. Minus whale show out.

Finally was able to find verbiage on the CBA clause affecting the James Harden situation :wow: :lol:

Link to full article: https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...rden-Holding-Out-Due-To-Obscure-Clause-In-CBA

By holding out Harden is literally going to MAKE HIMSELF a hostage from playing professional basketball anywhere in the world :rofl:

That man is showing up and showing out. This holdout is posturing from him because given that clause, he is definitely not going to holdout beyond 30 days and if he does play with a fat suit/bad attitude he is looking a Russell Westbrook money going forward. Minus whale show out.
Yet another clause the Players Asosciation had zero incentive to agree to.

Makes you wonder if they even know it’s in there. These are 1000+ page documents, easy to sneak **** like that in there.

It was dumb for Harden's team to announce that he won't show up. Simmons was able to use his health as an excuse and still get paid. Don't think that's gonna fly when you declare your intentions like that. I'm also wondering if that's 30 consecutive or cumulative days

The L is still on Morey and the 6ers

1.) Regardless of outcome, he can sit until November with no repercussions. Essentially paying him not to play, then when/if he does come back does anybody not remember fat Harden? Hamstring unjuries and a litany of others (see Leonard) where it's essentially impossible to prove the player isn't injured

2.) Now that draft has passed maximum value will be at the trade deadline, if Harden plays at all, tell me what his value will be to a Clippers team at that point?

3.) Morey is dealing in bad faith imo, by not accepting where Hardens market value is he is saying he is trying to make a trade, but we all know that isn't true.....

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE I wondered the same thing about 30 cumulative vs consecutive days. Being able to sit out 29, come back for a day or two then go back to sitting out for another 29 seems like it would be against the spirit of the clause :lol: But without specifics, I don’t know. Let me know if you ever find out.

The L is still on Morey and the 6ers

1.) Regardless of outcome, he can sit until November with no repercussions. Essentially paying him not to play, then when/if he does come back does anybody not remember fat Harden? Hamstring unjuries and a litany of others (see Leonard) where it's essentially impossible to prove the player isn't injured

2.) Now that draft has passed maximum value will be at the trade deadline, if Harden plays at all, tell me what his value will be to a Clippers team at that point?

3.) Morey is dealing in bad faith imo, by not accepting where Hardens market value is he is saying he is trying to make a trade, but we all know that isn't true.....

1. Does he still get paid for the missed time if holds out does and comes back in November? If he does report/come back and is injured then he is hurting his future stock whether the injury is real or not. The narrative will be “We don’t want to pay a guy that is breaking down.”

2. I don’t know exactly what you’re getting at with this one but his value to the Clippers (whether he plays or not) will depend on how the Clippers as currently constructed perform and more importantly their health. They could (and should) very well be fine without him IMO. Tying this back to #1, if they do experience injuries and turns out they could use Harden, if he is/fakes injured then they will be less inclined to give up a lot for him. He would be better off demonstrating he is worth something to make it worth Philly’s while.

3. If 77 OVR in NBA 2K24 Terrence Mann is a dealbreaker then that is on the Clippers being cheap and not Morey dealing in bad faith :lol:

Look, we can talk bad about things Morey has done both in Houston and Philly but he didn’t make Harden take a pay cut last summer nor did he make him opt in. If you go all the way back to how he forced his way out of Houston, Harden has made a series of questionable decisions that has landed him where he is today. Based on what we know, I don’t think he has any leverage in this situation. When holding out isn’t even in play then you are really done for :lol:

Just learned this was all done at the hands of his new agent/agency (former Adidas exec) that he hired in February 2023 :lol: :smh:

Harden and Philly both overestimated his current rep and interest level from other teams right now…Of course they stuck with each other this year cuz Harden is past his trade demand days and Philly ain’t getting whatever they want for him :lol:

Shoulda taken Norm Powell and Zubac be don’t with it

Capture.PNG

Back
Top Bottom