The Official NBA Season Thread: Sunscreen and GOAT Talk

In the same breathe cats will praise Steph as a top 10 player and then act like Jordan played comparable competition cause he beat *checks notes* Clyde Drexler???

And Jordan’s steals stats are fake too so let’s start there.

Jordan’s whole legacy is a crock created by Disney, Nike, and David Stern to sell sneakers and an image and y’all fell for it cause you were children during his peak.

Man dominated a league that let Mugsy Bougue carve out a career. Don’t piss me off.

Bro ain win anything until Boston and Detroit got old and Magic didn’t know to wear a condom.

Foul baiting has what do with longevity? You think embiid is going to play until he’s 40?

Guys are prolonging their careers because they care. Larry bird was the king of 2 cities and was paving his own driveway. Magic was a DEVIANT. half the league in the 80s was on cocaine. Isiah Thomas woke up at 31 and pulled a cutty. Dennis Rodman was going to Vegas in the finals. Dominique Wilkins was putting up tyreek hill numbers. Spare me the old head talk.

You forgot OJ Mayo and Reek Evans got suspended for dope? Forgot Brandon Jennings trying to pass Nick Young a molly in the club?

These players doing dope too…

Look at the hornets player who was twerking in a parking garage next to his lambo with no shoes on :lol: :lol:

The talent is only going to get better.

In 20 years when there's gonna be 10 Wembys running around lets bump this thread to discredit what Bron was doing during this watered down era as well.
Yea, I seriously want to know what basketball even looks like 50 years from now. Kinda scary to even think about.

Might as well start putting yalls kids in something else if they aren't protected to be at least 6"8.

You forgot OJ Mayo and Reek Evans got suspended for dope? Forgot Brandon Jennings trying to pass Nick Young a molly in the club?

These players doing dope too…

Look at the hornets player who was twerking in a parking garage next to his lambo with no shoes on :lol: :lol:
Homie I’m telling you ain’t nothing new under the sun

And Jordan’s steals stats are fake too so let’s start there.

Jordan’s whole legacy is a crock created by Disney, Nike, and David Stern to sell sneakers and an image and y’all fell for it cause you were children during his peak.

Man dominated a league that let Mugsy Bougue carve out a career. Don’t piss me off.

Bro ain win anything until Boston and Detroit got old and Magic didn’t know to wear a condom.
Hey you are entitle to your opinion, but this take is nowhere near what really happen.

That era of basketball is the best IMO.........

Hey you are entitle to your opinion, but this take is nowhere near what really happen.

That era of basketball is the best IMO.........

If we’re talking purely quality basketball it’s a fact. The league has never been more talented and deeper. Basketball players today are just simply all around better than those in the 90’s.

For some odd reason that fact is deemed controversial but if I was to say players in the 90’s were better than players in the 60’s no one would bat an eye when the same amount of time has passed between both eras.

We have the film and the data to back it up. If people let go their own childhood nostalgia toward Jordan and his shoes we would be able to have a honest conversation.

If we’re talking purely quality basketball it’s a fact. The league has never been more talented and deeper. Basketball players today are just simply all around better than those in the 90’s.

For some odd reason that fact is deemed controversial but if I was to say players in the 90’s were better than players in the 60’s no one would bat an eye when the same amount of time has passed between both eras.

We have the film and the data to back it up. If people let go their own childhood nostalgia toward Jordan and his shoes we would be able to have a honest conversation.
Nostalgia aside, MJ shoes still look better

Mugsy Bougues somewhere right now like....

50cent.gif

Mugsy Bougues somewhere right now like....

50cent.gif

My guy mugsy was a lotto pick who was drafted alongside a 7’7 guy who shot 3 pointers.

And mugsy played up until the 2000s. Two years before Bron came into the league. Earl Boykin was undrafted and played a decade. IT2 is 5’7 and averaged 30ppg and led the Celtics to the ECF in Brons era.

And then there is JJ Barrera…..you know what…nvm

IMG_8937.jpeg

IMG_8938.jpeg

A 5'3 man is never makin the NBA again lol Lets get real. No disrespect to Mugsy but what are we doin

Muggsy is 1 of 1 man. The nba greats will tell you.

He played until 2001. This is during the time of Kobe, Duncan, Shaq etc.

A 5’7 guy averaged 30 in the modern NBA. That is way more unlikely than a guy being close to 5-3. Earl was 5-5, and was a double digit scorer in the mid 2000s to 10s

He dropped 30 on the historic pistons defense. This is 2004. Carmelo is on the court

IMG_8939.jpeg

IMG_8940.jpeg

Last edited:
My Youtube Algorithm is truly a sicko’s dream (shoutout youtube premium). And I actually watched this little short youtube “doc” on Muggsy not too long ago. I didn’t know he was shot at with a shotgun when he was like 5.

This dude was the definition of proving everyone wrong at every level

Back
Top Bottom