The Official NBA Season Thread

You were just allowed to play defense differently. Nowadays if offensive players initiate contact it's a foul on the defense, unless it's egregious or the defender flops, which is a gamble because if you don't get the call there it's now 5v4.

How do you defend someone that's already a high-level scorer and still gets the beneficial whistle when they throw themselves into you? You can't. Especially if they're a star, it's either a bucket or a whistle.
Yup. You literally can’t touch joel or Zion when they are barreling to the lane. Just have to let it happen

Soooo...it's easier to score now with the spacing? I do also believe the overall skill level of guys has elevated as well.
Yes and no. You are seeing more players have a good 3 point shot and ball handling , however tons of players still can’t hit an open mid range shot if their lives depended on it. It’s either drive to the lane or jack up a 3

Yes and no. You are seeing more players have a good 3 point shot and ball handling , however tons of players still can’t hit an open mid range shot if their lives depended on it. It’s either drive to the lane or jack up a 3

Most mid range jumpers are taken off the dribble, with a defender in close proximity or contesting hence the difficulty of the shot.

Very few times do players get stand still wide open mid range jumpers.

1672876425446.png

Nice. :nthat:

Wonder if ill steelo ill steelo was at the game too?
Missed that one. Had tickets but sold them after xmas + NYE plans came out of nowhere. Been OT since the 23rd, just got back.

Hopefully next year we luck out again & the Lakers have at least 1 day off before the game.
ill steelo ill steelo i need your thoughts on this 2 PG system

🤔
DeJounte has mostly been inconsequential. So the teamwide issues are the same as last year.

Trae lifts the offense but hurts the defense, not so much with the starters but particularly when he’s out there without DeJounte and/or Hunter. We normally have 2, sometimes 3 holes on the perimeter in those cases. Capela/Big O are good, not historically great to cover all that up.

The team has lost Trae’s minutes in almost half of his games, which is insanely poor :smh:

Then when Trae sits, the defense improves but the offense tanks. That’s where you’d like to see more from DeJounte, and he’s been disappointing in that regard.

I’ll cut up the clips later on but that’s the gist. Again, same issues as last year :lol:

Its abundantly clear. I don’t think people actually watched the games from the 90s - early ‘00s.

Stockton just dribbling at the top of the key not even looking at the rim when his man is sitting on the free throw line.

That clip in practice from the Last Dance with almost the entire Bulls roster airballing 3s from the hash.

Kobe/Mac/Chuck having to take all those long 2s because 3 sometimes 4 of their teammates are all inside the arc :lol:

A stretch 4 used to mean you had “range” out to 15 feet :lol:

The help rotations are significantly longer now.

The amount of superlatives from this game was ridiculous

Last time the Celtics gave up 150 was in 1979

Only 7x I think have 5 teammates had more than 20 (iirc?)

150 is an all time Thunder high, 149 happened once in 2ot

Celtics high for points allowed this season was 24 hrs prior at 123, Thunders had 122 end of the 3rd

37 pts the highest lead for OKc and highest deficit for Boston

I forget the rest lol I was listening to a pod about it this morning

Mj is still #1 based on talent and accomplishments etc...

But folks don't want to have the discussion regarding how much his partnership with Nike contributed to him being considered "far and away."

The fact that lebron has approached the close 2nd/1B conversation is remarkable

Even with everything he's done in the game

imo

Back
Top Bottom