The Official NBA Season Thread

IMG_8218.jpeg

Waiting for the hawks to do something that actually matters. I’d rather go into tank mode than keep running it back with this roster that won’t beat Boston, Milwaukee or Miami in a series.

Seth curry will be in a Mavs uniform again and I’m still largely unmoved

He’s signed to basically a minimum contract too

One of my favorite Mavs ever that I nearly burned down American Airlines for when they traded him

This is what Dallas Mavericks basketball will do to you

Pacers were relatively decent last year in the games that both Hali and Turner played in. They’re never going to attract big name free agents, and when healthy, they aren’t bad enough to get a top 3 pick.

A 1 year deal for a guy like Bruce Brown with team option for year 2 isn’t bad. Might as well try to just be a decent team without tying yourself to any bad long term contracts.

Just so people know, Bane was playing with a broken toe about 70% of last season. That’s why he stayed in those fat *** Lebron’s. Plenty of stories about it. Had an underlying back issue in the MIN/GSW series, although I’m sure jpzx jpzx can attest to the games he lit them up :nerd:

He was a walking 25/5/5 guy on the #2 seed before the toe and showed more signs of that later in the year. Improved every single season, efficient shooter and can play both sides of the ball. Because he had a bad shooting series against the Lakers when he was injured on top of all other things going on in Memphis at that time (probably the only thing people saw) doesn’t make him less of a player.

That’s all I’m saying on his contract. People will perceive what they want, but this contract should not come as a shock at all. 5/180-190 or so is about what I expected, but Jerami Grant just got 5/160 :lol: . I’m sure that was icing on the cake for Bane to get the max.

When you gy
I get how people questioned the Jamal Murray, Poole, herro, bane etc. deals. I mean those people are still wrong- but I understand their confusion, to a point

Not quite sure though how anyone is questioning haliburton, that’s a different level of mind bottledness

People don't understand market economics or they pocket watching haters.

The best free agent to change teams this summer was Bruce ******* Brown and folks in here crying about paying Hali and Bane.

Okay don't pay them to pay who?

Can't wait to see the reactions a year from now when OG gets 40 a year

Last edited:
Hali is basically the 2020s/modern Chris Paul without the antics. Paying him without thinking twice.

Is it really sickening to digest tho lol

Damb, it’s not your money is it

Now trading all that and having to devote your cap to gobert- ok that’s a different story

Just pointing out to the two apparent trains of thought based on the comments. Get your shots in tho...doesn't matter to me.

Strus to Cleveland completed
Honestly don’t love that for Cleveland. I mean good on them for creating a bullet in the first place- didn’t think they’d have any wiggle room

But I hope strus was the only option for that price, seems like there could have been better

200 million dedicated to someone that probably won’t sniff a all star game is still legit nuts
Idc

Back
Top Bottom